Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I never played the second one because it looked like they let you play as Jedi with lightsabers. I thought it was op.

I thought it was a welcome changeup, having a game without Jedi flying around on their lightsabers 

There were settings to not use heroes in matches. I really liked how they handled adding the heroes. I usually ended as them most matches since they were awarded to each teams top player. 

Some of the Jedis were definitely overpowered. Think there was a time limit as well as health tho which helped in dealing with them.

Plus heros like han solo n the fetts were on certain levels. They weren't really much better than troopers or the standard robots. So a lot of times Id never even select them as the reward durring matches.

1 hour ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Anybody else still play Rocket League? Cross-platform party system should be dropping any day now. Stoked! Been a looooong time comin'

I haven't played it in a while.  But own it on all three systems (PS4, XB1, Switch).  Will it allow you to party up with players across consoles?  Or just play with them in random match making?  

Cause my daughter only plays on her switch and I prefer to play it on my PS4.

Hey guys I'm back. 😛

Damn, that was one long suspension. All for mouthing off at some National fans. Ah well, live and learn.

Still working on RDR2 (haven't had as much time lately). Don't get me wrong, great game, but really, when it comes down to it, 

it really just is RDR with vastly better graphics and a few bells and whistles. Not the giant evolutionary leap forward that I was 

expecting from Rockstar. 

19 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Hey guys I'm back. 😛

Damn, that was one long suspension. All for mouthing off at some National fans. Ah well, live and learn.

Still working on RDR2 (haven't had as much time lately). Don't get me wrong, great game, but really, when it comes down to it, 

it really just is RDR with vastly better graphics and a few bells and whistles. Not the giant evolutionary leap forward that I was 

expecting from Rockstar. 

Oh no way. It is generational game that is  leaps and bounds beyond what RDR was. 

RDR was the great story with a beloved character with a unique twist in a fantastic open world. It was ahead of its time and is an all time great game. 

As great as the first was, RDR2 is unlike anything that has come before it. The world is the most fully realized world in gaming history. It really is its own living breathing character.

All the unique systems in the game, some of which slow the game down or can seem tedious, serve a single and effective purpose: to engage you in the world and with Arthur. You learn each and every thought that Arthur has because you are essentially living as him. This makes the final act of the game and the unbelievable payoff at the conclusion of the story incredibly powerful and special. It is The Godfather of western stories. 

It’s a game that needs to be taken slow so you can soak it all in. The conversations at camp. The notes and drawings in his diary. The tragedies as the story unfolds. 

Every moment is a real treasure and it pushes gaming forward in a number of ways. It is truly art. 

22 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't played it in a while.  But own it on all three systems (PS4, XB1, Switch).  Will it allow you to party up with players across consoles?  Or just play with them in random match making?  

Cause my daughter only plays on her switch and I prefer to play it on my PS4.

Currently there is already cross platform random pairing...but the next update (this month) will introduce cross platform intentional partying up like games like Fortnite already have.

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh no way. It is generational game that is  leaps and bounds beyond what RDR was. 

RDR was the great story with a beloved character with a unique twist in a fantastic open world. It was ahead of its time and is an all time great game. 

As great as the first was, RDR2 is unlike anything that has come before it. The world is the most fully realized world in gaming history. It really is its own living breathing character.

All the unique systems in the game, some of which slow the game down or can seem tedious, serve a single and effective purpose: to engage you in the world and with Arthur. You learn each and every thought that Arthur has because you are essentially living as him. This makes the final act of the game and the incredible payoff at the conclusion of the story incredibly powerful and special. It is The Godfather of western stories. 

It’s a game that needs to be taken slow so you can soak it all in. The conversations at camp. The notes and drawings in his diary. The tragedies as the story unfolds. 

Every moment is a real treasure and it pushes gaming forward in a number of ways. It is truly art. 

Agreed.

RDR2 isn't just a game. Its a total experience on every level.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Super Mario Maker 2 is happening in June.

That Links Awakening remaster looks fantastic too.  I don't remember that game at all since it's so old and I love the style they are putting on it.  

This is a pretty neat video comparing the two from just the trailer.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

After exploring the region however, I am confident that an Elder Scrolls: Hammerfell would be simply wonderous. Always liked the Redguards and the lore-books surrounding the region. Combination of South/North african, middle Eastern and Southeast Asian concepts.

Hammerfell it is, or appears to be

This is gonna be awesome... A long ass time from now 😔

So, Anthem. 

This game has been getting trashed in reviews, and on many levels it deserves it. I dedicated my entire weekend to this game (along with the help of the GF, who for whatever reason was pumped to make her own Javelin (what they call your toons in this game) and join in my adventures for once. And im almost disappointed she did because for her first AAA title that she actually is good at and likes, it was less than half assed and even she realizes that. 

TL:DR .....Yall know this looter shooter business is my genre. ESPECIALLY the sci-fi aspect of it. You cant get my attention more. So it being not so good is upsetting. The game just isnt worth it unless you are wayyyyy into the looter genre. Even then I would warn you. 6/10 is deserved. That said - if you see another demo...TRY IT. The combat is crazy fun. Probably wont be around for long. 

Good stuff: 

The gameplay/ battle system is ****ing on point. Its exactly what I thought I was getting and then some. All the attacks, guns, and most importantly the mechs themselves feel awesome. They took everything good from the Mass Effect battle systems, and added flight and scale to them and it worked perfectly. No seriously, perfectly.  They have something here. Its epic on every level. And I have only played so far what fans have said is the left fun class. Its just straight up fun. Like Monster Hunter level of tuning. Its clear Bioware put the lessons it learned from its past games to use here. And that almost makes it more ****ed up how the rest of this list will go. 

Thats it for the good stuff. Seriously

Ok-ish stuff because im feeling generous: 

The sound effects are cool. But I never give credit for that **** so that should tell you something. 

The score didnt stand out so thats not bad. 

If you still get going for GRAPHICS then this is the one for you.....if your ****ing machine can run it but that leads intooooooooo

The ****ty ****: 

Literally everything else felt like it was done by amateurs. And even then I would have been disappointed in easy stuff missed. Bugs for days. Im talking about my entire squad dying, but I can rez anyone because of a bug that happens at random that doesn't allow me to interact with anything other than kill it. Literally im on a mission where I have to open a ****ing door, and I cannot because I cannot interact with anything. The whole squad is dead and I cant rez them....because I cannot interact with anything. Of course being the super hero I am I kill all the adds to see if I can progress. I cannot. So now there is no way to wipe, no way to proceed and im halfway through the mission. Bugs. For. Days. 

Every system put into the game is ****ed up in one stupid way or another. And I mean stupid. Im sure you have heard about the amount of load screens by now. You literally have to load to do anything. Wanna see your equipment? Load. Wanna go to town? Load. Wanna go to free play? Load. Wanna go into that cave right outside of the start of free play? Load. GET TO FAR AWAY FROM YOUR FLYING TEAM MATES IN THE OPEN WORLD??? Load. Its stupid. Whats even more dumb? The loading screen is ****. You would think they would atleast put in a nice series of pictures or screen shots or lore or something. Nope. 3 ****ty rotating pictures the entire game. They have this cool ass animation of your Javelin starting up when you leave for a mission. It gets interrupted by the ****ing loading screen lol. Its ****. 

Takes to long to trash loot. Half of the loot is literally unusable. so expect a fun time with that loop. 

I could go on. And I would but I have to go work. 

All that said I still find the game super fun. Bioware did everything they could to take that away from me, but I still like it. As it is I couldn't recommend it to someone and feel good about that. Ill stick around until they fix it or it dies though. The gameplay is that good. 

Archived