Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have not played that one.  Hundred duckets.......geez

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Wait, what?? $100 for Oblivion? That's ridiculous. I'm sure you can find it dirt cheap even with all DLC somewhere else. Someone is trying to scam you pal.

To clarify, it wasn't an actual sale, it was listed in PSN where I saw it last night, but I didn't stop to really take a look. Now that I'm back, it says:

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

$99.99

PS NOW

However when I click into it, there's no $99.99 anywhere, only "Play on PS Now"

Seems like a glitch. When I click on the notification, it brings up "Stream Now," and "Your List." Something has clearly been tinkered with in regard to PSNow, and it seems to have been a bit sloppy 

So, basically... that $99.99 seems to be purely cosmetic

:blink:

Well then, let the good times roll

unrelated...

I’m in chapter 6 of RDR2. Just wow. Hit a point in the story where I felt like it was a good time to turn things around. I’ve shaved my beard off, paid my bounties and I’m trying to be a decent man with no more robberies and senseless homicides and killing sprees. I think this lined up perfectly with the what’s happening around me. I had the outlaw meter almost all the way in to the left/black as possible but it’s been coming around. I wish there was a white version of Arthur’s hat, all the other hats suck to me except his 

The last RDR had quite a deep story and I was doubtful this one could reach those heights. It really has though and in many ways exceeded them. It’s so well written with so many pieces that fit right into the original. 

Seeing what R* can do with both of these RDR narratives makes me even more frustrated that the GTA series lacks this level of nuance and thematic layers in its story and characters. 

I think it has to do with the fact that the last two have been modernized (I think the social media era has had a lot to do with that.) For me, Vice City is by far and away my most favorite GTA.

I feel like they also need to create a new city. Either that or Las Venturas. A 70's, Cold War/Mob themed, sole Las Venturas, non S.A.  (like they did with V) with a bomb ass soundtrack would reassert GTA among the top of the gaming industry.

But some snowy, mountainous place would be cool too.

They can even try the '60s

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think it has to do with the fact that the last two have been modernized (I think the social media era has had a lot to do with that.) For me, Vice City is by far and away my most favorite GTA.

I feel like they also need to create a new city. Either that or Las Venturas. A 70's, Cold War/Mob themed, sole Las Venturas, non S.A.  (like they did with V) with a bomb ass soundtrack would reassert GTA among the top of the gaming industry.

But some snowy, mountainous place would be cool too.

They can even try the '60s

Vice City is my favorite GTA too but that’s mostly because it is a blatant Miami Vice and Scarface rip-off. But it was a great world with a great soundtrack. Narratively, I don’t think it was very special. It was just a ton of fun. 

Doing another one in a different era would be cool too. I’d like a new city for sure. 

Its just wild to me how much depth and themetic elements are in the RDR series. The characters are complex and real. The protagonists in GTA are obnoxious and irredeemable stereotypes. I know they pack quite a bit of social commentary in things like the radio ads or side missions but the bulk of the games feel hollow to me from a character and story perspective. 

Fallout: New Vegas was pretty close. Still, not every faction mattered equally. And it always seems like the best ones don't matter at all. 

Fallout 4 remedied this with the Far Harbor DLC  (Which I thought was incredible) and the Children of Atom, but it was just a reminder of where they failed  in the main Commonwealth version

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Fallout: New Vegas was pretty close. Still, not every faction mattered equally. And it always seems like the best ones don't matter at all. 

Yeah I think thats about as close to Morrowind, faction wise, as any of their games. Love how the did the rep and disguises for the various gangs.

I need to get started on the DLC for NV. Holidays n the Oculus Go gots me the sidetracked. 

I'm excited out The Outer Worlds, its made by Obsidian (makers of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas) and I think this will be the "Fallout Killer". They've been a small company for a long time, but by being bought by Microsoft, I think they're going to be a huge player in the future.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I'm excited out The Outer Worlds, its made by Obsidian (makers of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas) and I think this will be the "Fallout Killer". They've been a small company for a long time, but by being bought by Microsoft, I think they're going to be a huge player in the future.

I thought the creators of the Fallout franchise had nothing to do with the Bethesda iterations.  That said, the makers of Fallout did start their own studio, inExile, to create a Wasteland sequel, and they've since been bought up by Microsoft as well.

Just finished RDR2. Well I still have the epilogue to finish but I’ve done the main story. 

It’s just masterful. Couldn’t have set up RDR any better. One of the best video game stories I’ve ever seen. Such realistic and well written characters. The story is gripping and goes to a logical conclusion. 

I love that it drops real songs into a few key moments just like the original did. 

I was skeptical about this game going in, one reason being that it’s just so hard to follow up RDR and Marston who is a fantastic protagonist that I universally praised . Arthur ranks right up there with the best video game heroes in gaming history. I was barely lukewarm to him at the start but by the time I finished I was hanging on every word he spoke and I feel like I just played a western Godfather in video game form. I’m blown away. 

May I stand unshaken 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just finished RDR2. Well I still have the epilogue to finish but I’ve done the main story. 

I have wonderful news. You aren't even close to done. There are 2 epilogues and the story gets even better. Enjoy the gloriousness that is RDR2.

2 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I have wonderful news. You aren't even close to done. There are 2 epilogues and the story gets even better. Enjoy the gloriousness that is RDR2.

Yeah, I imagined when it said "Epilogue: Part 1" that i still had some time to go especially given that there is still plenty of room to walk right up to beginning of RDR. 

I can't wait. 

14 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I thought the creators of the Fallout franchise had nothing to do with the Bethesda iterations. 

I think you're right, though I never played those games. That said, Fallout has done a bangup job of killing themselves really, since 3 (considering Obsidian took control of New Vegas )

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm on serious RPG withdrawal after beating D:OS2.

I would say play the original, but that might need a remaster before some folks are comfortable with it, 15 years late in the game.

Very fun Tarantino-y spaghetti western game (before the non canon sequels got all serious-like). Awesome soundtrack, straight from the mind of Ennio Morricone (in fact, many Django fans would probably recognize a ton of songs from it)

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm on serious RPG withdrawal after beating D:OS2.

Download a demo of Disgaea 5. I say the demo cause the style of this game isnt for everyone. But if you are into grinding out levels, stats, skills, upgrades and ff tactics like turn based battle you cannot find a better game imo. 

I have over 500 hours in this game. And I have it on two different systems lol. 

Edit hell if you wanna try it, if I got the hard copy on Ps4 (cant remember if I do) I'll send it to you. 

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Played Horizon yet?

Ohhh completely forgot about that game, but I heard its really more open world action game with some RPG elements, not really full blown RPG. But I also heard its really good and worth playing nonetheless. Might pick it up if its on sale.

Archived