Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

After playing Anthem for quite a bit yesterday and today, I'll say the core gameplay is quite fun. Moving, flying, shooting,  but especially the ability usage. I love the primer/detonator combo system, very reminiscent of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. Even just flying around in free roam looking for stuff to do was worthwhile and enjoyable.

The classes need to be balanced better though. Storm is OP, Ranger is pretty bad. Can't comment on the other two since I could only play one extra Javelin. Most people seem to think that Colossus damage is low but its a decent tank an Interceptor is also good. But right now I bet at launch its gonna be mostly Storms just AOE-ing through everything.

Load times are a little ridiculous. There are too many load screens and they take too long. Hope that's a demo only issue and is resolved by launch.

All in all I liked the game and am strongly considering purchasing it.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:34 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

In RDR2 do your bounties ever expire?  I got one dead or alive and one several hundred dollars. 

They reset at certain parts of the story otherwise the only way to remove them is to pay them off 

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

After playing Anthem for quite a bit yesterday and today, I'll say the core gameplay is quite fun. Moving, flying, shooting,  but especially the ability usage. I love the primer/detonator combo system, very reminiscent of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. Even just flying around in free roam looking for stuff to do was worthwhile and enjoyable.

The classes need to be balanced better though. Storm is OP, Ranger is pretty bad. Can't comment on the other two since I could only play one extra Javelin. Most people seem to think that Colossus damage is low but its a decent tank an Interceptor is also good. But right now I bet at launch its gonna be mostly Storms just AOE-ing through everything.

Load times are a little ridiculous. There are too many load screens and they take too long. Hope that's a demo only issue and is resolved by launch.

All in all I liked the game and am strongly considering purchasing it.

Is everything a bullet sponge like destiny and division? Also, I know the world is very vertical but is there a lot of it? I don’t want to be stuck playing the same few areas over and over again doing the same missions like destiny.

what is there to do?

The enemies don't feel too bullet spongey, except for the last boss in the dungeon but even that wasn't that bad. Its HUGE and has a big HP bar displayed at the top of the screen though. But beyond that, enemies with shields I could wipe the entire shield with one ice beam thingy(I forget ability names lolol). The armored enemies were a bit tougher but that's probably because my abilities weren't as conducive to taking down armor and in random groups you're not gonna be synergizing combos very well.

Overall I enjoyed the combat a lot more than Desitny, and again it is only a demo so I'm sure a lot of stuff was left out.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Mass Effect is a masterpiece... if you can visually take yourself back to like 2006 lol. The whole trilogy is really good, but ME1 is legendary. Basically an adult Star Wars.

But them graphics tho 😑

I've recently gone through the trilogy again. Actually had never did the arrival dlc because I was so pissed about the ME3 ending. Playing through it again years later and the Arrival DLC actually is on par with the great Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc. That trilogy, Jade Empire, Kotor, and the dragon age series.....if anthem bombs and EA kills this developer I'm going to be pissed. 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:12 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I legit miss my N7 operator and Asari Valkyrie

ME3 multiplayer was the only reason my PS3 stayed alive several years after the fact

I'll check out the demo at some point in 2020

I'm all in on Anthem. Played the closed alpha, and both demos the past two weekends. All the javelins play differently. The Ranger is like the balanced one, but the interceptor is really fast and melee focused, the Storm has a lot of elemental powers, and the Colossus is a tank that has multiple ways to deal damage to the enemies. 

This game is only like destiny in the sense that it is a looter shooter. Otherwise, it's completely different. It's actually more like ME Andromeda combat as a foundation, with Diablo loot system and difficulty levels, and a little bit of borderlands and Warframe. My favorite javelins are the interceptor and storm at this point. Also, they'll be releasing more javelins over time. 

9 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm all in on Anthem. Played the closed alpha, and both demos the past two weekends. All the javelins play differently. The Ranger is like the balanced one, but the interceptor is really fast and melee focused, the Storm has a lot of elemental powers, and the Colossus is a tank that has multiple ways to deal damage to the enemies. 

This game is only like destiny in the sense that it is a looter shooter. Otherwise, it's completely different. It's actually more like ME Andromeda combat as a foundation, with Diablo loot system and difficulty levels, and a little bit of borderlands and Warframe. My favorite javelins are the interceptor and storm at this point. Also, they'll be releasing more javelins over time. 

The Storm is awesome. I wish I could have tried Colossus and Interceptor. I found Ranger extremely underwhelming and I don't see it having much usage in group play, probably just gonna be the "solo out in the world screwing around" Javelin.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

COD BO4 Blackout is the most fun I’ve had playing games in quite some time and I’m still loving it.

Foreal man, all of the modes are fun. Solo, duo and quads. I just got it about a week and have not stopped playing it. I’m not the best at blackout yet but I’ve started to get more and more kills, some dudes are legit on there. 

10 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I've recently gone through the trilogy again. Actually had never did the arrival dlc because I was so pissed about the ME3 ending. Playing through it again years later and the Arrival DLC actually is on par with the great Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc. That trilogy, Jade Empire, Kotor, and the dragon age series.....if anthem bombs and EA kills this developer I'm going to be pissed. 

The Arrival is dope. Definitely sets the stage as sort of the video game version of a prologue/sneak peak at ME3, especially if you journey through the Omega 4 Relay beforehand, changing several dialogue moments, and the image of Harbinger at the comm link interface.

I thought "Bring Down the Sky" (for  ME1) was awesome too. Introduces the Battarians to the ME story.

Oh and btw, Castlevania (The Netflix show version of the video game) is awesome. Watched it this week, first and second season. Really well done, and gives me hope for The Witcher (already being greenlit for subsequent season, due to Netflix execs apparently being very impressed with their showrunners). And also Metal Gear 😊

Even with that horrible Monster Hunter  movie in the works, that terrible MK casting leak from last summer, and AC  bombing, I think we are getting ready to enter into an era where video games are finally treated with the respect they deserve, run by dedicated showrunners/producers that have a lifelong respect for the gaming industry, being gamers themselves, and wanting to be the first ones to plant the flag in this genre.

It's gonna be an awesome next couple years, I think

59 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

nah, gonna play both.  Thought it was supposed to launch beginning of the year and then I'd dive into it.  

Im not sure what’s going on since it still

says Beta on mine but you can go online and play in the world. I went for awhile after beating the story. Did some solo story missions then got set loose in the world. 

Rolled down to tumbleweed and there happened to two players near me. Their chat was coming thru to me. I heard them say there was a guy behind them. I heard them say they should go kill him. 

I ran. 

They ran faster. 

They beat me to death. 

I havent been back on since. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hideo Kojima's new game, Death Stranding, looks ****ing gorgeous.

Can’t wait for this game to come out 

COD4 blackout... it's Fortnite for Gen X and Y!!!!!

Fun story, we have a PC, Nintendo Switch, Mobile device and an XBox. Myself, wife, son and daughter all jumped into Fortnite and were playing Squads. .

I have never seen a video game with the staying appeal and massive reach of Fortnite....

Archived