Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Anyone else have any problems with today's download?
I swear these things are more troublesome then they are worth. First when I tried to start the game it said I wasn't old enough to play online ?? Once I fixed that I had to reconfigure my wi-fi and login crap. I swear the crap i endure to play this game. This was on the PS4 ,have yet to go on the PS3 and download that update yet. I do seem to have more issues on the PS4 with this game.

Oh also this update also screwed with all my Soldier and vehicle stuff ,I had to go back and re-equip them with everything I had . 

Man...I don't wanna jinx myself...but I have not experienced any problems with this game.  I keep reading on here and various gaming forums about people getting kicked, netcode issues where bullets don't register, people getting stuck under the map, etc.

I've had several marathons over the last month where I've played 5-6 hours straight, and never had a single problem.  ::fingers crossed:

Chew,

Continually have hit markers not registering . also the 0% health soldier . Ran into several of them last night and today . Also saw a frick'n guy with no rank what so ever and people just couldn't kill him . hell I couldn't kill him , but he sure got me every time .

Going to go update PS3 now  i'll let you know how it goes :-)

How to unlock carbines? I have unlocked almost all of the rifles not one carbine.

You have to play the Engineer class and build up your score in that.  Then Carbines unlock for ya. The starting engineer weapons are very weak, so I'd recommend running the Engineer with a shotgun set-up so you can maximize points towards that class needed to unlock the carbines.  

Ok I can't make this stuff. Can someone tell me when Second Assault came out because someone just told me they have been out for several weeks now. I just now have been able to see them when you do your server settings. They have never been available to me until I did this update today. Having said that, I cannot get any of those maps to come up on my server search on either platform. This game is gonna be the death of me .

Ok I can't make this stuff. Can someone tell me when Second Assault came out because someone just told me they have been out for several weeks now. I just now have been able to see them when you do your server settings. They have never been available to me until I did this update today. Having said that, I cannot get any of those maps to come up on my server search on either platform. This game is gonna be the death of me .

pretty sure it's not out on PS4/PS3 yet.

• 2 weeks later...

For the love of most things holy, why in the hech didn't you guys tell me about the M26 Dart ammo?!?!  It has to be broken.

I've been rocking with the assault rifles and carbines pretty heavy lately, but heard some random guy in my squad talking about the dart ammo in shotties.  So i pulled the M10 back out and worked on 40-50 kills or so to unlock the dart.  Holy crap.  I was mowing people down with ease.  First new game with the dart setup (M10-- holo, red laser, ergo, full choke, m26 dart) i started off 12-0 just rushing the **** out of the bad guys on domination.  The dart sounds pretty cool, too.  not so much the BLAM that you're used to with the shotguns, more of a PLOOM.  lol.

Custom Emblems - It won't let me create one.  Here is the problem (I think) and I don't know of any way to solve it.  Because I played BF exclusively on PC until PS4, my email that is linked to my PS4, also happens to be my email that is linked to Battlelog when I played on PC (for BF3).  

When I log into Battlelog.com on the computer (like the instructions Ive seen on the web for creating custom emblems) it logs me in as the PC account, where I don't have BF4 and there is no option/link to creating custom emblems.  It doesn't have any record of my PS4 user name/stats for BF4 listed.

When I log into Battlelog within the game on PS4, it shows my gamer tag, etc.  but there also is not an option to create an emblem.

It's my understanding that this has to be done on the PC and cannot be done through the PS4 in the game.  So, what the hell do I do?  I love creating emblems (especially in BO2), but it seems like if run into a dead end on accessing the creator.

Try going to the main stats page or "Overview". 

Click on "[Your Battlelog name]'s profile towards the top of the page.

Click - EDIT PROFILE

Click - Soldiers all the way to the right. And click on which soldier you want to be your active default player. Do it by clicking the green bar under the "active" column.

Back to "Overview", and see if there's a "Customize" box at the upper right. Should be a dropdown box, and emblem is one of the choices.

Try going to the main stats page or "Overview". 

Click on "[Your Battlelog name]'s profile towards the top of the page.

Click - EDIT PROFILE

Click - Soldiers all the way to the right. And click on which soldier you want to be your active default player. Do it by clicking the green bar under the "active" column.

Back to "Overview", and see if there's a "Customize" box at the upper right. Should be a dropdown box, and emblem is one of the choices.

It won't work, it only shows my PC account from BF3.  This sucks, I don't have BF4 for PC, but the email tied to Origin is the same so it's defaulting it to the PC account and there aren't even any soldiers listed (that makes sense cause I dont have it for PC).  

In game, it records my stats, so it has to be saved somewhere.  ****ing Origin/EA..........another reason I hate them, they have to be so different.  Why not just make everything accessible in game, like I don't know, every other ****ing game in existence.

Edit:  So within the game, in battlelog, it gives you a link to your soldier.  I type in the link and it shows my soldier, but it says add as friend, it doesn't tie it/link it to my account.  This **** is crazy.

Good, it's still really buggy. I just error out of it randomly sometimes in the middle of a game. 

No joke.

You know that little red bar that pops up in Battlelog if you error out of a server?  My brother once got the message, "Error: You're not supposed to see this." 

Dont Taze..

Maybe make a new battlelog acct using the email you use for your PS4/One gamertag. Then it may sync up. Thatd be my last guess.

That's the problem, my gamer tag Gecha_Popcrn_ Rdy on PS4 is my main account and uses the same email address as the Origin account I set up for PC for BF3.  I might be able to change the email and set up another Origin account, but the only thing is that tag is already set-up and linked to that email address.  If I update my PS4 email address, I don't think it will update or prompt BF4 to update for Origin.  

Only other thing I can think of was to get in chat with an EA support rep.  The wait time is 1 hour right now, so I might try it during the week when not so many people are online.  Or make a new profile on PS4 with a new email and start over in BF4, but that would suck.

Had a blast playing the second strike maps today. Anyone else play these yet. I still hate that frick' n metro map though ;-)

The BEST of the BF4 stunts. Maybe best in BF history. ****in' ridiculous. The "Whiplash."

If you look closely, the cable he put the c4 on detaches upon detonation, and destroys the enemy jet in a whiplash-like fashion, giving him the kill.

:o

How do people figure this stuff out. Incredible

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a COD only guy.  Then I moved to Guam and found that the BF3 server was better suited for out here.  I recently upgraded to a PS4 and bought Ghosts.  It was fun at first but I am quickly coming to dislike it.  It is 100% run and gun.  I've tried different modes to no avail.  I'm seriously considering moving to BF4. I found in BF3 that you had some assholes that wouldn't "play the game" but far less than CoD.  Is it the same with BF4 compared to BF3?

If there is a rage inducing, nonsensical, worthless way to play a video game - people will do it.

ala the sniper roaming the outer map borders whilst playing domination...not helping the team per se, but just getting kills.

Bf4 is full of them.  But the game is better.  By 1/8".

Archived