Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

I'm so stuck on whether I want Killzone or Battlefield.

dang, man.

as you see in my post above, I'm a diehard KZ fan.  but bro, battlefield 4 is SO god damn fun....seriously.  its the best FPS I've ever played.

Killzone 4 is a very close second.  Killzone is probably more intense because the maps are smaller (bigger than call of duty, but smaller than battlefield).  24 v 24 on killzone is loads of fun, and playing 7 different game modes in one huge 45 minute match is fun as hell.  Best of 7 wins in killzone, and it can be tied 3-3, making the 7th game mode (completely random as to which mode it is) that much more intense.  People try hard like crazy on killzone.  but i could say the same for battlefield.

Wife and daughters are gone for the rest of the weekend.all I have to do is take the x-mas tree down and I'm all bf4 .

I gonna add a few of you guys to my friends lists today just a heads up on that . Add me if you want. Getting old running solo. KDawg hang in their dude, get the feel of it

What game mode are you playing? You may want to start with TDM or Squad TDM to get used to the gameplay and then move onto rush and conquest large. Mostly you need to find a good group of players who you can squad up with.

I've tried rush and conquest...

Got battlefield for xbox one and I have a question about the multiplayer games, why is it so many rooms open? Like there's about 10 conquest games open at the moment but they only have about 10 people in them each. I usually see 4-64 or 8-64 a ton of them but they are never full. Same with other game modes for the most part never more than 6 on a team. Is that normal?

I've tried rush and conquest...

Start with squad and team deathmatch.  That's all I've played on BF4, I used to play all the other modes in the earlier games.  If you have premium its double XP weekend, so spamming Squad and TDM on a class or two should get you some good unlocks.  The easiest maps for me to gain XP on are Floodzone and Dawnbreaker, I spam the **** out of them.

I'd recommend starting with Assault, Recon, or Support until you rank up a while.  Engineers are a harder class to play in Squad/TDM because you have a blow torch..........and no vehicles lol.  If your problem is playing with a controller, which it doesn't sound like it is, Id suggest recon.  Sit back, pick'em off and with recon you get a spawn beacon, so you can drop it down where you want to respawn (as long as the enemy doesn't find it and blow it up) and you get the beacon that detects/shows enemies on the map in close proximity.  

With Recon though, keep in mind that it may take 2 shots to kill them, unless its a head shot.

Second class I rolled with was support, infinite supply of ammo.  LMGs are a beast, even at long distances if you find one thats stable.  

Third (could have been 2nd) would be Assault, weapons are weaker than LMG and Recon, but for me, once you get a 3-4x scope and roll with the class, its starts opening up fast.  Great thing about this class, infinite health (med packs) as long as you don't get killed of course, plus the defib, you can revive your team/squad mates.

Fourth, Engineer.  Weapons start out extremely slow and not as powerful as the other classes.  Plus, with the lack of add-ons in the beginning and game modes (squad/TDM) it is very slow on leveling up that class.  This class though is needed to unlock the Carbines, which are available to every class once unlocked and if you read some past posts, a lot of the fellas are swearing they are some of the best weapons in the game.

One tip, in those two game modes, a lot of people don't work together as a team.  Personally, I don't plug in my mic anymore.  If I was playing with someone on here or my friends I would.  I can't tell you how many times I have died in front of another Assault team member and they didnt revive me and just left me for dead.  

srtick with it k-deezy. bf4 is a monster once you get the hang of it. i want to play killzone soooo bad, bit i CANNOT put down battlefield.

battlefield changed my life.

I got Kill Zone for Christmas, I put it in.....played one round of their version of team deathmatch, took it out and put BF4 right back in lol.

Kdawg I added you.  Mark I got your friend request and added you too bro.  Chew, you already on there cuz.  We need to form a clan, can you do that on BF?  I know you can in CoD.  

Question to everyone.  Sometimes while playing, after a game, I'll go idle for a bit, still in game, just at the mulitplayer menu.  I'll come back, get in a game, and when I pick my class (say recon), I'll notice in game that its the starting sniper rifle.  I'll go to battlelog and watch my current rank of 20 go all the way down to 1.  It's like I started over.  I have to restart the game, sometimes the PS4, then I get back on and everything is normal.

Anyone else encountered this before?

Have not had that issue yet DTMB.Might be a PS4 issue?

Ok who is playing on PS3 and who is on PS4 ?

I am thinking about trying this on PS4 after the double XP weekend. My son who is always on the PS4 ( x-mas vacation ends after Sunday ) bought the PS4 version of bf4 today after trading in a lot of his ps3 games.So now with both versions because i was leary about upgrading.

To 4.

I might try it .If 3 and 4 are using the same servers ? I should be able to go back and forth right ??? Or so I am hoping. I know if you upgrade from 3 to 4 you have to stay with 4.

Dang play-off games messing with my double XP :-)

Archived