Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Mark or any other PS4 folks, I'll be on all day tomorrow.  Let's shoot some little kids in the face.  :)

Haha!  I need to actually, 6 more marksman ribbons needed for the final sniper rifle unlock.  Then I need to switch back to assault and support and start unlocking my carbines.   I'm at work right now bro, will be off and logging in game probably around 6pm EST.  Are you on the west coast (I can't remember)?

Haha!  I need to actually, 6 more marksman ribbons needed for the final sniper rifle unlock.  Then I need to switch back to assault and support and start unlocking my carbines.   I'm at work right now bro, will be off and logging in game probably around 6pm EST.  Are you on the west coast (I can't remember)?

Mountain Time.  I'll be on tonight as well!  Send me an invite if you see me on, or I'll join you.

Yeah dude, get to work on those carbines.  They're nasty!

Lots of sniper hate in this here thread. lol

Its odd, in all the BF games, I usually play the sniper class the most, but I also roll with assault a close second typically.  But in CoD, I never snipe.  I suck for the most part with the controller, I do a lot better with a keyboard and mouse, so much I used the XIM Edge for BF4 and CoD ghosts, BO2, etc. on my PS3 and Xbox to be able to use a keyboard and mouse.

Now some may consider that cheating, and that's certainly a topic for discussion, but man, when you go games where you get 1-2 kills and like 20 deaths cause you suck so bad with a controller, its frustrating lol.

With that said, on PS4 there is no converter yet and the XIM edge wont work on PS4.  So, I dedicated myself to learning to play with the controller again.  I mean, I can play any sports game with it and used to be able to play any other games with one, why not BF or CoD?  With that said, the sniper class is the easiest for people with controller issues to learn on.  I've gotten good enough and continuing to get better that I won't be wasting money on another converter when they make them.  

My problem was learning to aim and run with my thumbs and not fire 20 rounds and hit everything except the guy in front of me lol  Sniper class allows you to get into a position, set-up and start shooting.  Now, loving all the other classes, I forced myself to learn with the controller and be able to run and gun, etc.  Im hit or miss, definitely 200% better than when I started.  Some games I'll go 14-10 or 13-3 with assault/support/engineer and be near the top in points.  Other games I'll go 2-11 and get face rolled, but that sometimes happened to me, even on PC.

In Squad and TDM, I don't think snipers are overpowered or lame.  The boards are smaller and if you know the maps, you know where they will be set-up, you can usually get to them and kill them before they even know what hit them.  Plus, unless you get a headshot kill in normal modes, it takes two shots.  Now, in hardcore mode, I feel overpowered at times, especially when I jump in a TDM game thats already at a score of 55 to 60 (over half over) and I can get into position and rack off kills and go 13-1.  

My disdain for snipers, really isn't limited to snipers only.  I dislike the player attitude of, "hey, I'll hide over here and pick them off."  I'd rather people play the objectives, flank, counter-flank, etc.  Not sit off 400m to the east and pray for a guy to run in front of them.  The player that 'spawn camps', or steals vehicles, etc.  Those players are not of my liking.  I'll take a hit to my quit rating for them.

Take Operation Locker, the eastern outside approach.  I have zero complaints when snipers set up shop and rain death upon the idiots running outside.  That is a main avenue of approach that must be defended.  (plus, I'll rain down death with a mortar to keep them at bay)  There is a tactical counter to their gameplan.  There are some beast snipers out there that pull off ridiculous shots, but even as I am impressed, I'm also rolling my eyes because dude is 1000m away from the fight.

My disdain for snipers, really isn't limited to snipers only.  I dislike the player attitude of, "hey, I'll hide over here and pick them off."  I'd rather people play the objectives, flank, counter-flank, etc.  Not sit off 400m to the east and pray for a guy to run in front of them.  The player that 'spawn camps', or steals vehicles, etc.  Those players are not of my liking.  I'll take a hit to my quit rating for them.

Take Operation Locker, the eastern outside approach.  I have zero complaints when snipers set up shop and rain death upon the idiots running outside.  That is a main avenue of approach that must be defended.  (plus, I'll rain down death with a mortar to keep them at bay)  There is a tactical counter to their gameplan.  There are some beast snipers out there that pull off ridiculous shots, but even as I am impressed, I'm also rolling my eyes because dude is 1000m away from the fight.

I play recon quite a bit actually and feel I'm a huge asset to my team. I may be away from the objective at times but I do help by spotting and setting up spawn beacons close to objectives. IMO you don't have to be all over the objective to be helpful to your team. For me there is nothing more satisfying in BF than getting a headshot. I do play assault and engineer at times but I always come back to recon. 

I play recon quite a bit actually and feel I'm a huge asset to my team. I may be away from the objective at times but I do help by spotting and setting up spawn beacons close to objectives. IMO you don't have to be all over the objective to be helpful to your team. For me there is nothing more satisfying in BF than getting a headshot. I do play assault and engineer at times but I always come back to recon. 

Like you said, you setup your team on the objective.  You dont place a spawn beacon along the out of bounds line and you and 4 other snipers pick off people focused on what is going on in front of them.

Again, this is my personal preference.  The cheese gimmicky sniper looking for youtube highlights paid his/her $60 like I did, so they can do whatever they want.

Just not my cup of tea.

When I play recon, I am counter-sniper.  I look for the glint of a scope, and try to make that player re-think where his campfire is located.

My disdain for snipers, really isn't limited to snipers only.  I dislike the player attitude of, "hey, I'll hide over here and pick them off."  I'd rather people play the objectives, flank, counter-flank, etc.  Not sit off 400m to the east and pray for a guy to run in front of them. 

this, THIS, THIS!

While I don't particularly care for snipers, there's no problem with it.  As I said earlier, snipers are a part of warfare.

But why in God's name are you playing domination or the attacker team or rush, if all you plan to do is camp 500 feet away from the nearest objective and just pick people off randomly.  Like seriously...is that fun?  I pride myself on my "rush them, kill as many people as I can before I die" mentality, even to a fault.  I'm wreckless with my gameplay to a point where its probably not the greatest idea to just constantly sprint towards the nearest objective, cap a flag/plant a bomb, and shoot everybody in the face.  Though its a good idea, rarely to I take the time to run around the outskirts of a map to flank bad guys.  My K/D ratio is barely hovering around 1.00, but my Win/Loss ratio is among the top 15% amongst all PS4 Battlefield players. 

I know everybody paid their $65 for the game, so they can play however they want.  But if you're going to play objective games, my god man...join the fight.  The sniper class has plenty of other weapons besides just sniper rifles with 40x scopes.  ;)

I looked at my Battlelog stats this morning online, I think I have like 29 kills with sniper rifles in BF4 lol. 

What are your guys' thoughts on shotguns?  Do you think they are cheesy?

cheesy?  yes.  cheap?  yes.  Do I use them?  holy crap YES. 

M10 with all the cute attachments is borderline cheating.  I'll take multiple shots in the back, turn on a guy and BLAM one shot him, he's dead.  I try to use all gun types, but shotguns are very powerful in this game.  There's no feeling like coming up from behind on a squad of bad guys with my big black boomstick, and just plowing them all.  :)  (hoping somebody quotes me for the TOC thread)

I'm using the QBS-09, full choke, laser sight, grip.  I have 80 kills with it, mostly because I'll go on a run with it, then when I die switch back to my LMG.

This weekend my K/D went up from .6 to .96.  Pretty happy with that.  I think that has more to do with being more aware of choke points, sniper campfires, and general game awareness.  That and winning 20 some in a row this weekend.  Great teamwork = win a majoity of the time.

geez lousie man, that's quite an improvement.  props to you.  B)

with shotties, i never use full choke, I use the duckbill choke, so it widens your range of fire.  that way if you're off a tad, you still blow 'em away. 

awareness is huge in this game.  once you get that down pat, you're golden.  be careful going around corners, and watch your 6. 

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/27/next-major-battlefield-4-update-due-for-release-by-early-februar/

Next major Battlefield 4 update due for release by early February

I don't ever usually complain about games. As I don't really take it to seriously and just use it for some bored time but this game is in need of a fix.

Good, it's still really buggy. I just error out of it randomly sometimes in the middle of a game. 

that moment when you flank an entire squad and there's 4 guys right in front of you with their backs turned.....your eyes light up with joy.

then you hit a claymore.  :(

Oh man. The other night I had 4 guys trying to defuse an mcom my squad mate set. 4 guys all laying at the mcom, and I equip my C4 grinning ear to ear. About 15 feet away, one...more...enemy comes around the corner and picks me off. I let out a pretty loud "****!" at 2:30 AM. lol

Ok, I started using shotguns last night and I love it.  Even the starter one.  I tried the duckbill and its odd running around with a stretched oval shape lol.  I just use the regular iron sights.  In Bad Company II, I almost strictly used shotguns and combat knife, I was a tag junky (collected over 2000 dog tags).  When the Vietnam content came out, I used sniper rifles mostly.  That was my favorite battlefield game of all time.  

This one is second best, regardless of the multiplayer party/group neglect.  They fix that, it might jump to #1.

Archived