Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Assault!

Yeah man, thats what Ive been running with the past two weeks.  I'm starting to have really good games (at least for me) where I'm going 13-5, 11-4, etc.  I'm still better with recon (on certain maps), but as I learn the other maps, Assault seems more balanced.  Trying hard to unlock the ACE23, its supposed to be a beast and almost unfair to play with lol.  

I used to play CoD mostly but for the last few months I can't get on their servers from Guam.  So I switched to BF3 and haven't had any issues.  I've been reading reviews (on here) about CoD Ghosts and don't really sound interested.  Everyone makes it sound like there is way to much camping or run and gun and not enough objective play.  I also am not sure how the servers will handle Guam for Ghosts.  Anyways, that was just some background for my actual question:

Is it worth buying a PS4 just for BF4?  There really aren't that many other games out yet.  Is the difference between BF3 and BF4 enough to justify it?  Just looking for some thoughts on if I should upgrade now or wait and keep playing BF3.  Thanks.

I used to play CoD mostly but for the last few months I can't get on their servers from Guam.  So I switched to BF3 and haven't had any issues.  I've been reading reviews (on here) about CoD Ghosts and don't really sound interested.  Everyone makes it sound like there is way to much camping or run and gun and not enough objective play.  I also am not sure how the servers will handle Guam for Ghosts.  Anyways, that was just some background for my actual question:

Is it worth buying a PS4 just for BF4?  There really aren't that many other games out yet.  Is the difference between BF3 and BF4 enough to justify it?  Just looking for some thoughts on if I should upgrade now or wait and keep playing BF3.  Thanks.

Thats a tough question bro.  I mean, I usually only play a handful of games (Madden, CoD, BF) maybe add a couple here and there.  I like BF4 better than BF3.  CoD ghosts was ok/fun on the PS3, but I got bored with it pretty fast.  I mean, if you're going to buy a console based on one game, its really up to you to decide if you want to spend $400 to play BF4.  

I thought BF4 was fine on PS3 to be honest, but I bought the the PS3 version that allowed me to purchase the PS4 digital download for $10.  But I had full intentions of buying a PS4 when I purchased both BF4 and Ghosts and doing the digital upgrades.  You have till the end of March to take advantage of that deal, should you go that route, so maybe purchase it for PS3, see how you like it.  

Having an absolute blast leaving slam mines in asshole spots and collecting big point rewards shortly after

Pro tip= hold start for the score board

Me too!

A spot I love to do this is the boat spawn point on A flag on Paracel Stom - they just spawn in it and boom.

Same here !

Paracell storm @A another good spot I love is the bridges on the damn .

I also just put slams on light post along any road . No one even thinks about looking there.

Yeah, annoying as hell. How in the world did you get to level 54 so fast?

Was level 40 before this weekend. I play about 1-2 hrs a day. Double XP weekend got me to level 60.

Hell I saw a clan last night and they were already gold eagles levels 1 and 2

:-0

Me too!

A spot I love to do this is the boat spawn point on A flag on Paracel Stom - they just spawn in it and boom.

Same here ! Also the cars on the bridges on the damn

I like putting slams in random spots like light post on streets just before the objective .No one looks ther.

Any assault tips on Conquest? I played some last night. Revived/Healed as many people as I could and had some decent K/D ratios that landed me in 15th place on my team with 5400 points or so. Best game so far. (Playing TDM for awhile to get used to it helped ALOT). 

But are there any "secrets" to playing assault?

Aside from that, here's some other questions: As assault, if I run into a tank on the road, I pretty much have no way of damaging said tank, so I'm best of taking off and running like a little girl, correct?

(Once I get good, I'm going to play as an engineer OR assault, but I'm getting used to the game now).

Any tips would be appreciated, especially if we're going to clan up. Haha.

Xbox crew was playing rogue transmission last night on conquest 64. Everyone loves fighting for the D flag as its captor is rewarded with the attack heli. We slammed every approach and watched the other team hilariously fail over and over to get to the D flag. I think I finished 36-8 1st place in the server without ever needing to leave D.

Any assault tips on Conquest? I played some last night. Revived/Healed as many people as I could and had some decent K/D ratios that landed me in 15th place on my team with 5400 points or so. Best game so far. (Playing TDM for awhile to get used to it helped ALOT). 

But are there any "secrets" to playing assault?

Aside from that, here's some other questions: As assault, if I run into a tank on the road, I pretty much have no way of damaging said tank, so I'm best of taking off and running like a little girl, correct?

(Once I get good, I'm going to play as an engineer OR assault, but I'm getting used to the game now).

Any tips would be appreciated, especially if we're going to clan up. Haha.

Yeah K Dawg if you are playing as assault and you encounter a tank just run. There really is nothing you have in your inventory to do any damage to a tank. You could equip the M320 and it will do minor damage but not enough to warrant using it. To be honest, if I were you I would just run as an engineer on Conquest maps that way you can have mines and RPG's to take out the tanks. 

As for the M2 slams, I'm sure most of you know this but you don't always have to plant them. You can run up to a tank, boat or chopper and place them on the vehicle just like C4. The moment they start moving BOOM!

Oh, and lets get this clan thing started PS4 crew. May as well have it set up. Who wants to take the reigns and get this bad boy going? Haha

This needs to happen.  I looked last night and have no idea how to start one.  Someone start one and throw out invites.  We can get a good thing going.

Question - does the clan span cross platform like ghosts?  We can have an ALL ES clan, regardless of platform.

Epic sauce.

I would ask to join the XBOX crew but I like suck so bad, I am lucky to have more kills than deaths. That being said I can be the guy that run out and make alot of noise to get the attention of the other team and then you guys pick them off one by one lol. I can take one for the team.

Sneaking into the enemy's flags and loading up their vehicles with slam mines is great fun.

Assault on conquest should be played a little differently. In competition the assault guy is usually the squad "Leader". Your main job is to put your squad in a good position to win by always being in the right place at the right time. Pubs aren't very serious, but it's a good thing to do anyways. I always try and stay alive as a medic and give my team mates good spawning opportunities. If a tank is contesting the flag I want I'll ask my team mates to spawn in engineer and take him out while evading him. Reviving when it's smart. If the team is getting crushed and we only have one flag I'll be the first to be at an enemy flag and I'll stay alive as long as it takes to get people to spawn in on me and help capture and eliminate the other team.

If you don't have a good squad that all have mics, this strategy will only frustrate you. I tend to run engineer most of the time because of this. It's an all purpose class that you can't go wrong with on conquest.

On squad DM and regular death match it's ASsault all of the time. If you are running any other load out (unless the other team is absolutely terrible and you know you will win anyways) you're dumb. 5 assault guys in a squad in death match running together can not be beat. MAYBE run one support guy, but good players tend to pick up kits if they're low on ammo.

No recon

No engineer

You're only hurting your team running that in DM.

Also, if you're running medic with no Paddles, please return your game and never play BF again.

Soulja- add me TT Viper TT

We don't care if you're bad as long as you have a mic and attempt to play with team work. One thing is for sure if you stick with me you will be revived a lot and learning a game like this is much less frustrating if you know you're going to have a second chance at the fight due to team mates actually reviving.

Oh, and lets get this clan thing started PS4 crew. May as well have it set up. Who wants to take the reigns and get this bad boy going? Haha

That would be awesome.  I am going to start being online a lot more now that I'm done with school.

I'm drunk most of the time, so my speech might be a little sloppy.  But I'm all in for going hard and slamming some gump ass noobs. 

I was reading where they have pretty much eliminated working on the DLC to fix the base game.  Which sucks for PS4 users, we're a DLC behind already.

I know a LOT of customers, me included, are not happy with removing the party (squad) pregame setups.  Server instabilities, browsing said servers is hit or miss, etc.  Now I find out (Thanks Coach) that platoons aren't online yet?

Some serious work needs to be put in.  You are THE fps authority and you are failing miserably.  Even through these failings, its still the most enjoyable shooter out (haven't played KZ) atm.

Ghosts, you just plain SUCK.

Can you quote this?  I cannot access at work.

Please and Thanks!

By now, many of you may have noticed that Battlefield 4 lacks any sort of option to allow console players to create Squads before attempting to enter into games with fellow friends and teammates.

While the Squad up feature was included as a part of Battlefield 3′s friends system on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation s, it was mysteriously excluded from Battlefield 4 on both current- and next-gen versions without an explanation from developers DICE as to why.

That is until recently, when a statement from DICE was spotted in the comment section of a Facebook post, detailing why the decision was made.

We have a new feature in Battlefield where a new squad is created when a friend joins your game. You can toggle this option on or off by going into the options menu. We’re not offering the old squad join feature because we didn’t feel that the feature in Battlefield 3 was on par with the quality that we wanted to offer our players. We have no plans to add it in the future.

Unfortunately, as stated above, being able to create a Squad in the main menu will not be implemented in Battlefield 4, despite a number of users awaiting to see its return in a future update. That said, maybe you find the new system is working out for you regardless.

No problem man. 

Archived