Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

That feature sounds alright to me, to be honest.

Wish we did have clan access now, though.

Yeah it's not hard to join up with a squad now. You just have to wait until you are in the game and create a squad. It's really not a big deal. 

Honestly, the squad join feature in BF3 SUCKED, it's the main reason the 360 crew stayed away from bf3 for over a year. This current system on the xbox one is better once you get used to it. You join the xbox party, and once one member joins a game everyone in the party is invited.

CoD makes playing with your friends much easier and it's a better experience in that aspect. I don't see BF ever implementing a similar pre-game squad setup because they are first and foremost a PC game developer, and they don't give a **** about making it easier for console noobs to party up, especially when so much other crap in the battlefield series is always broken in every new installment of the game.

Hardest part would be syncing up to join the same game, but that's doable.

yeah, that's pretty much what we've been doing.  everybody gets into multiplayer, then we all join a party chat in the PS4 menu.  one person looks for a game on the servers for enough room, and joins.  then everybody joins his game.  usually takes 2-3 minutes to get everybody on the same team and squad, but once you're up and running, its hours of good times. 

Of all the popular FPS games out there, Battlefield might be one where it's most critical to have decent squad members.  especially in objective modes like conquest or Rush.  Your squad mates can make or break your experience. 

Honestly, the squad join feature in BF3 SUCKED, it's the main reason the 360 crew stayed away from bf3 for over a year. This current system on the xbox one is better once you get used to it. You join the xbox party, and once one member joins a game everyone in the party is invited.

CoD makes playing with your friends much easier and it's a better experience in that aspect. I don't see BF ever implementing a similar pre-game squad setup because they are first and foremost a PC game developer, and they don't give a **** about making it easier for console noobs to party up, especially when so much other crap in the battlefield series is always broken in every new installment of the game.

Viper question, I get the smart match and its just brillant when it works most of the time but my main thing is how to make sure you are on the same team with your friends? Me and my brother play alot and alot of the times we are on opposite teams.

I thought Smart Match was stupid and wanted the old invite system back but I am kinda digging smart match.

The old system would also put you on different teams at times, BF try's to balance the teams and that's why it happens. There's nothing you can do about it, but once you are in the game you can change teams. We always try to join a server that has plenty of room, say for 6-10 people (if we have 4 guys trying to join) so once we are all in we can easily switch to the same team.

At worst, we have to wait until the end of the round for people to leave the server so we can switch and get on the same team.

The old system would also put you on different teams at times, BF try's to balance the teams and that's why it happens. There's nothing you can do about it, but once you are in the game you can change teams. We always try to join a server that has plenty of room, say for 6-10 people (if we have 4 guys trying to join) so once we are all in we can easily switch to the same team.

At worst, we have to wait until the end of the round for people to leave the server so we can switch and get on the same team.

how to switch teams?

Press start, go to Team Setup (I think that's what it's called)

Once you are in the team menu (it will show all of the available squads) you press in the right stick (or maybe the left) to switch teams.

Sometimes you can't switch, because it would make the teams unbalanced, or teams are full.

You can also get to it from the load out screen. Press Y.

I played three conquest games last night. I finished second on my team in one of them. I was 5-22 in K/D, but I was running around reviving and healing teammates with reckless abandon. Helped us capture a few objectives.

I always do worse in total score when I have a decent KD. If I'm anywhere around 1 I'm usually 2000 points less than I normally would be. *shrug*

I played three conquest games last night. I finished second on my team in one of them. I was 5-22 in K/D, but I was running around reviving and healing teammates with reckless abandon. Helped us capture a few objectives.

I always do worse in total score when I have a decent KD. If I'm anywhere around 1 I'm usually 2000 points less than I normally would be. *shrug*

Now just work on doing it all at the same time and you're golden.

I absolutely love SRAWing the mini-gunners right off the side of those big attack boats while also doing damage to the boat itself.  Fish in a barrel.

Also sooooo glad they brought the SRAW back from BF2, makes Engineer so much more fun.

Now just work on doing it all at the same time and you're golden.

I absolutely love SRAWing the mini-gunners right off the side of those big attack boats while also doing damage to the boat itself.  Fish in a barrel.

Also sooooo glad they brought the SRAW back from BF2, makes Engineer so much more fun.

I tried engineer last night in two games. I like having a weapon I can fire at vehicles, but every time I tried to repair a vehicle I was killed. And I was god awful with the starter gun. Thing kicks all over the place. Went back to assault and felt much more comfortable.

I'm having a lot of fun with BF4.

I'm also TERRIBLE at BF4.  :lol:

Hey man, the first part is all that matters.  ;)

Not sure if you're new to the game or not, but you'll get better as time goes on. 

PS4 folks, I'll be on all weekend starting Friday.

Had some great fun last night.  Just wish people would pay attention and stop shooting their own team.  Nothing like going on a couple kill streak only to be sniped by some blueberry chilling 300 meters away.

ACW-R for carbine is broken.  QBB for the support class is epic.  Was rocking dudes on TDM last night.

Hey man, the first part is all that matters.  ;)

Not sure if you're new to the game or not, but you'll get better as time goes on. 

PS4 folks, I'll be on all weekend starting Friday.

I am pretty new to Battlefield specifically, but not inexperienced with shooters at all.  I just need more practice, but I don't have the time to sink into it like I used to.   I'll get there. :)

Support is only good if you're playing with people you know. The only real explosives are the C4 and mortar which you unlock pretty far down the line. It doesn't have the benefits of engineer or medic if you're running solo. Can't heal yourself or blow up tanks initially.

Support is only good if you're playing with people you know. The only real explosives are the C4 and mortar which you unlock pretty far down the line. It doesn't have the benefits of engineer or medic if you're running solo. Can't heal yourself or blow up tanks initially.

Yeah. I had high hopes for engineer before I tried it and hated it, too. But I figure the worst case is that I try it, it sucks, and I go right back to assault. At least I verify that assault is the best class for my style.

I tried engineer last night in two games. I like having a weapon I can fire at vehicles, but every time I tried to repair a vehicle I was killed. And I was god awful with the starter gun. Thing kicks all over the place. Went back to assault and felt much more comfortable.

Yep, engineer weapons are so weak at start up.  This is when you want to spam TDM and SDM to unlock carbines, then roll with the carbines on the engineer.

I love busting snipers with my rpg.  Sweet, sweet revenge :ph34r:

tell me about it.  I SMAW'd a sniper from 100+ yards last night on Parcel Storm, it gave me goosebumps.  I wish Battlefield had a "kill mic" like call of duty does.  oh the hilarity. 

Archived