Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Ok  , I finally pulled the trigger and I am now on PS4 with this game. The  frick'n graphics are incredible and the 32 or 64 per team is insane. I love it !!! I can go back and forth with either platform . Whatever progress I make when playing on PS3 or PS4 will not carry over.When switching back I will have to repeat levels , currently level 61 on PS4 and level 64 on the PS3 but hey I don't  care what level I am. I just love playing this game. Time to go do a little  BF4 on PS4 . gotta get 3 levels up ;-)

had some solid runs today. Mark was crushing people with the amphibian tank.  He's probably one of the best tank drivers I've ever played with.  I was just along for the ride as his gunner, getting multiple vehicle assists per minute :)

im really digging hardcore domination and conquest.

What's the difference between hardcore and standard in BF4?

Limited HUD (no ammo count in bottom right), targets don't stay spotted very long on minimap - also no red arrow over their heads, no killcam, and you have minimal amount of health.  Snipers rarely get one hit kills in standard unless it's a headshot, in hardcore a torso shot kills.

In short, the only way to play this game!

Played some domination last night - that is craziness right there.  Dudes are EVERYWHERE and it's not like there are 64 players, its 32 max.

yeah, basically what goonie said.  The snipers are pretty annoying in hardcore, as there's no killcam so you can't hunt them down.  and unlike call of duty, it could take 5 minutes to find a sniper in battlefield, searching multiple buildings and ****.  So if a sniper picks me off from 500 feet away, i just respawn and find another route to an objective. 

I'm actually addicted to hardcore now, which is unusual for me.  sucks when there's chaos inside a building and you toss a grenade down the hallway towards bad guys, only to see multiple teammates enter the room from another doorway LOL.

I tend to get smashed by my own guys all the time because I am too aggressive at times.  Nades, RPGs, etc.

The ones that crack me up are the over anxious snipers who don't identify friend or foe and pull the trigger.  700 meters away, and I crumple to the ground and the name of the killer is blue.  LOL

I don't get worked up over it.

My buddy went 40-1 in the little bird, attacking.

I was along for the ride and got mad xp towards my chopper, also tons of engineer repairs.

Great job ST, I have only hit 40+ kills once (Operation Locker, defending).

I'm jealous, snipers usually eat my lunch on that map.  (again - overly aggressive)

Whats the best map for getting marksman ribbons (headshot at 250m)?  I've gotten 20 so far in TDM, but most of the maps don't allow me to snipe that far.  I'm trying to unlock the final sniper rifle.

Edit - nevermind, I wasn't thinking, forgot, and need to lay off the beer.  You look at the ribbon requirements and it says 250m headshot, but in reality it can be five 50m headshots in a round, you get the five marksman bonus and it gives you a marksman ribbon.  Or you can shoot someone in the head at 250m.

A-91 carbine with holo, red laser sight, muzzle break, stubby grip.i feel like im cheating. k/d is over 3.0 with that setup, which is unheard of for me.

overall k/d for the game is 0.93, but win/loss has skyrocketed to nearly 4.0

#team tryhard

Whats the best map for getting marksman ribbons (headshot at 250m)?  I've gotten 20 so far in TDM, but most of the maps don't allow me to snipe that far.  I'm trying to unlock the final sniper rifle.

Edit - nevermind, I wasn't thinking, forgot, and need to lay off the beer.  You look at the ribbon requirements and it says 250m headshot, but in reality it can be five 50m headshots in a round, you get the five marksman bonus and it gives you a marksman ribbon.  Or you can shoot someone in the head at 250m.

If you are looking to get long headshots you need to play either Rush or Conquest. As you said the TDM maps are way too small to achieve any long distance shots.

I love sniping in this game. My longest headshot is 974 meters so far. I use the SRR-61 wit the 20x zoom hunter scope and the flash hider. 

Time to rant  about my weekend and this game.  3 things

1 )  Whats with the 0 health survival  on a guy that I just went toe to toe with . I'm dead and you can see him running away after he kills you. Happened to many times to count this weekend. One in particular incident that happened today was in team death match    . I am in a building on the  2nd floor, claymore set  and I hear him coming . I position myself in the back corner aiming at the stairway . The enemy triggers the claymore  clearly damaging him, (I see the blood splatter) and I fire at minimum 15 rounds at him getting hit markers from 10 feet away, more blood flying . He shoots me and I die  , he  runs  away. 

2)  lag especially on  PS4 . Did not encounter any on PS3 and I played a lot of both

3)  I think they have totally given the sniper way to much power in the game anymore. All weekend I have been sniped with 20x and the 40x scoped semi automatic sniper rifles from clear across the map . The big issue I have is  that these , ( how should I say this )  WUSSIES are on a high vantage point in their own spawn area using the sniper rifle as a sort of  machine gun. They don't hit you with  the first round  because they are not that frick'n good. Pop Pop,  Pop , Pop , Pop , Pop , I'm dead . These are the guys that clearly are not worried about the objective. I despise them !!!   I don't mind if they are in the  game areas between A and  E  , Hell I snipe sometime  but I'm doing it from the objective I'm trying to take , not  from our home spawn point . 

Come out and play with the real men you Wussies so I can take  your  Dogtags

Yeah Mark, that's my ONLY beef with hardcore.  Snipers get one hit kills and of course no kill cam, giving them a ton more incentive to keep hiding on the side of a hill somewhere 400 feet from the action.  Pretty annoying, but instead of getting trolled and trying to hunt them down only to get picked off again, I just call them filthy names and go the other way.

Don't get me wrong here...I know long-range combat is part of warfare...but snipers are probably the worst thing that ever happened to FPS games.  Seriously man...think about it.  Imagine call of duty, Battlefield, etc....without snipers.   :wub:   

Though it failed miserably, Homefront (an FPS from maybe 2009-2010ish) got it right.  Though it's not very realistic, sniper rifles took two, sometimes even three shots to kill.  There was hardly anybody that sniped.   B)

Sniping is just too easy in the game.   There's a reason we send men away for months to learn the art.  It takes patience and a ridiculous amount of skill to shoot like you can in the game 3 minutes after buying it.

Play the objective, and I don't get upset at playstyles.  Sit off up on a rooftop picking off people running between objectives, I have a problem with that.  Sure, I have every ability to stop you, but really? The game is so serious that you gotta be a poor sport about it?

Snipers very rarely bother me, although I suspect its much worse in hardcore where most of the bad kids tend to hang out.  I've been a firm believer for a long time that Semi Auto snipers don't belong in FPS games.  Bolts, with a slow reload rate, really are the only way to promote skill and discourage bad kids who are afraid to leave spawn.

removing the high zoom scopes would also help, but I really enjoy seeing players run around trying to use them within 400ish meters.  It's a completel waste of your FOV and it only makes it easier for me to take you out.

The kids who sit in the AA in their Main really piss me off as well, but the AA range is pretty OP.  You can snipe infantry with those main guns from insane distances.

Archived