Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Let's talk maps.  Favorite ones, best ones for sniping, ****ty ones, etc.  I've been playing primarily Flood Zone, Dawnbreaker, Parcel Storm and the one with the crane you can climb up (can't remember that name).  I only play TDM and Squad DM at the moment.

My favorite is Flood Zone.  Controlling the back building/rooftop is so money.  I plant a spawn beacon under the ramp up one rooftop at the back of the map (where there is ground entrance at the back), then C4 to the only way into that location.  Then I climb up both ladders, jump in the plants, crouch and start picking people off.  You have line of sight to almost every location on the map, except behind you.  I have my best games on this map, twice going 19-9, a few 11-1, 8/9-0 (depends what the score is when I join).

My second favorite is Dawnbreaker, It's just pure chaos.  I try to get to one of two spots.  First, the bus that is upright near the one guard tower.  I enter the bus, lay down a spawn beacon, C4 into the entrance of the bus.  Hop in the tower and try to pick peeps off, you are vulnerable in the tower, but it's still fun.  Other spot is straight across from the tower, at the other end of the map.  There is the destroyed bus on its side, and to the left of that, a ramp you can walk up and go prone on thats right on the edge of the map boundary.  

I place the squad beacon inside the destroyed bus, people run by it all the time and miss it.  They only see it if they see me spawn.  I can usually pick people off from that ramp.  Now lately, I have had major problems getting kills on this map.  I used to be able to rack up points.  But for some reason, its not registering hits when I shoot people from the distance.

For example, they will only be say 60m away.  At the first guard tower I spoke of, Im prone on that ramp.  I will line them up, bullet never hits.  Then I'll go for the chest and the projectile path will go dead center, but no hit.  Then they kill me from the same distance with a pistol or assault rifle (max zoom of 3-4x).  It doesn't matter what sniper rifle I use, what zoom (8x, 14x, 20x or 40x).  

Anyone else have this problem?  I don't adjust the distance/meters by pressing the down button on the direction pad.  And I never have the problem on other maps, hitting moving targets further away than the ones on this map.  It is driving me nuts.

Ok I really love the bf series . Bf3 was a beast and bf4 I love the maps but there are so many issues with this game that it frustrates me to no end. Hit markers are high on my list. A lot of times they just don't register . At first I figured it was on my end but that is not the case. I am direct wired running 35/35 mbs with 24/15 on my ps3 . I don't think I can get much better then that. So what's the problem ? Is this a Dice issue ?

Soldiers loadout you can only change during a game , really Dice ?

Server accessibility how about some US servers ? I have yet to play on one always location says unavailable. Really Dice ??

These are just a few issues that have yet to be addressed and this game has been out almost 2 months!!!

My understanding is that ps4 is no different. Why should I upgrade when my son opens his ps4 x-mas morning.

Sorry , little ranting there but honestly this is the only game series I play anymore and I'm a little disappointed

We posted at the same time almost lol.  I am having issues with the hitmarkers on one or two maps it seems.  Like you, I'm direct connected with cable internet speeds of 34mbs down/5-6mbs up.  I think its just the servers.  I'm playing on PS4 btw.  Its frustrating to say the least.  I've been just playing the maps I seem to have no problem with lol.  

I set my filters to only US East and US West servers and there are always games available, so not sure what the issue is for you.  

Mark,

I feel you - I sometimes have similar issues and like you I have boss internet with a wired connection. I think its clear to everyone at this point that EA rushed DIce to rush the game out and this is what you get. That being said I actually have decent faith in Dice as a whole. They've shown me over time that they listen to the community and eventually get most issues fixed. People forget that bf3 at launch through 6 months was a hot mess as well. With the recent updates we now have server queue finally and I haven't had a dashboard crash since last week. The only thing I worry about them not fixing long term is the squad setup system like bf3. 

DontTazeMeBr0 -

It's funny that that maps we love are almost the opposite. Flood Zone and Dawnbreaker are low on my list. I love paracel storm now with 64 players - also feel like rogue transmission and gulmod highway are much better and different experiences now than 360 as well. Overall though I'm really enjoying the Second Assault maps right now, China Rising not so much. Also I'm a spawn beacon fiend( love playing aggressive recon ) so thanks for sharing those spots. I have quite a few jeezy beacon locations as well & love getting behind enemy lines.

As far as my server setup goes I have it set on USeast and USwest. Selected all maps hardcore conquest/rush 1-10 players open slots , ranked and unranked. Hit search and only get unavailable locstions . Is there something else I need to do?

As for my favorite map I really don't have one. I do however have a least favorite, operation locker I hate that one. For some reason I do extremely terrible on that map all the time just like metro on bf3 .I sucked on that one as well.

I am by no means a beast in these games . I just enjoy playing and always play the objective. So i rarely snipe. Seems as though that's all everyone does now so I don't.

I just wish Dice and EA would get these issues fixed a lot sooner then later.

Are you setting map specifics? like only checking x,y, and z maps? Sometimes I get more success leaving them all open and not specifying a map - also I have both "ranked" and "official" checked off in the options too. To your point though I tend to get more Euro servers at night which play fine for me.

I know Battlefield built their style of play around Conquest, but I still think it's just as rewarding on TDM (which I usually spend my time).  I don't think there's a single map I don't like; Flood Zone is probably my favorite, too.  Numerous stairwells/levels, and all types of weapons can be utilized.  Recon or Assault.

China Rising kind of left me disappointed.  Most maps feel small and cluttered, where a random rocket launcher or grenade could wipe you out.  A good team incl medics make or break you.  If your team is filled with Run N Gun players you're probably going to have a bad time.

Anyone using Battlelog on their phone?  After this last patch my only disappointments is the lack of ability to change your loadouts - unless I'm confused - except in game, and also not being able to join games with friends as easy as you can with COD

I'm on PS3, and hopefully PS4 soon.  Same handle if you send an invite: PSUHeckler  - in bar biz so usually on late night

This is just my opinion but China Rising maps remind me of Armored Kill maps from battlefield 3. The action is a little more spread out on CQ and the maps are more vehicle driven. Guilan Peaks is the best of the group to me, the others are just "Ok" but if your a big vehicle guy you might like them a lot - the redo of the second assault maps though are a class above this DLC though, but again I'm more of a ground-n-pound player.

What is the best weapon in the game, non-sniper rifle?  I am usually horrible with a controller, with the exception of playing with the sniper rifle, running/gunning while trying to aim with my thumb usually results in death lol.  With that said, practice makes perfect and I find myself getting a lot better now with Assault and Support.  

With Recon, I have my best games going 19-9, 18-4, 15-1, etc.  Assault, I do well with because of the med packs and the fact I can use the 4x ACOG scopes, so I can sit back and pick off my prey as well.  Support, with the light machine guns, I'm doing pretty good too.  Very steady and while the scopes are not as great, best I've seen so far is 2x I think, I can still pick off people at great distances if needed.

I completely suck balls with the Engineer starting weapon.  I am trying to unlock the Carbine sub-category (have the first DMR and Shotgun) so if a weapon is really good, I can play it on all classes.  But I have to score 15000 in the Engineer class and those guns feel so weak, even at point blank.  Anyhow, I'll unlock it.

So, in everyone's opinion, what is the best weapon in the game outside of the sniper rifles?  Overpowered, or not, I dont care lol.  

Also, is there any 3-4x scopes that can be used with LMGs?  My guess is no, but that would be awful sweet.

The carbines are really good. I run the aku12. Gun is practically cheating in this game. So bloody accurate and good at long range. The engineer class is worth struggling with initially.

The best guns I've found for each setup:

Assault: m416, sar21 and ace 23

Engineer: I only use carbines

Support: M240b is a monster. Ive found it to be the best out of Lmg guns in terms of damage accuracy and range. I kind of liked the PKP but the accuracy is just too ****ty long range. It's deadly short and medium range. I unlocked the m60 last night and I've heard it's a beast as well.

I run mostly support. Love spamming C4s on tanks and ground vehicles.

The carbines are really good. I run the aku12. Gun is practically cheating in this game. So bloody accurate and good at long range. The engineer class is worth struggling with initially.

The best guns I've found for each setup:

Assault: m416, sar21 and ace 23

Engineer: I only use carbines

Support: M240b is a monster. Ive found it to be the best out of Lmg guns in terms of damage accuracy and range. I kind of liked the PKP but the accuracy is just too ****ty long range. It's deadly short and medium range. I unlocked the m60 last night and I've heard it's a beast as well.

I run mostly support. Love spamming C4s on tanks and ground vehicles.

Thanks for the info man.  Looking at the carbines, I was thinking they might have some of the best weapons in the game.  I'm halfway to unlocking them.  I was able to use the first DMR with the engineer class, its single shot, but I just unlocked the 4x ACOG scope for it and now I can sit back and get some kills and rank up till I unlock carbine, then play carbine on any class.  

Have you seen any scopes 4x for LMGs?  

Thanks for the info man. Looking at the carbines, I was thinking they might have some of the best weapons in the game. I'm halfway to unlocking them. I was able to use the first DMR with the engineer class, its single shot, but I just unlocked the 4x ACOG scope for it and now I can sit back and get some kills and rank up till I unlock carbine, then play carbine on any class.

Have you seen any scopes 4x for LMGs?

4x scopes are no good for LMGs. There is an upward kid to all of them which makes aiming with long distance scopes nearly impossible.

The best set ups are the M60 with a red dot or M240b with a 2x thermal. The thermal is ****ing sick. Been wrecking people with it both long and short range.

Necessary attachments are stubby grip and muzzle brake. I'm dirty with the support class now.

anybody reached the A-91 yet? it was my go to gun in BF3, wondering how good it is in 4.

I thought it was pretty terrible compared to the one in bf3. A lot of recoil on the first shot.

Also red dot> ACOG. You don't want to use anything that limits your field of view while sighted-in. The extra zoom the ACOG provides only puts you at a disadvantage.

I love the carbines the most this year, I have been rocking the Ace 21 and 52 and love them. I also love the UMP just like in BF3. I will have to check out the ACE 23 now. What is up with the semi auto sniper guns this year? You start out with no scope and the best scope I see you can get is a 4X that sucks. I am not much of a sniper and don't use it much but that seems really lame. Also can you unlock the amazing auto 50 cal sniper gun that you can pick up on random maps, that gun is a beast. Does anyone know when perimeter def will be available for support class? I love using support but I want my 3 claymores instead of just 1, I am a beast with claymores. I am on PS3 if that makes a difference. My PSN name is Reeseman if anyone is around usually late night.

I've unlocked all the sniper rifles except the last two (Recon Expert unlock and the mission unlock) and all the attachments for each.  The scopes get better up to 40x.  I typically run with SRR-61 with straight pull, the attachment that hides muzzle flash, the 8x rifle scope with the 14x magnifying zoom lenses.  I shred peeps with that gun (on certain maps).  

The only downside is sometimes it will take two shots to kill if you don't get the headshot.  But, I have my best games with that gun than any other class/weapon in the game.  I have read that its the best sniper rifle as far as stability for long range shots, it lines up pretty much at zero, so I never have to adjust the range.  

Now, I only play TDM and Squad DM.  I find the 20x and 40x zoom scopes annoying and overkill for those maps.  Although, I will say, its nice zooming in 40x and their head becomes enormous on my screen, very nice for head shots if you have trouble with that.  Messes me up though sometimes cause its such a zoom.  

I play on Xbox1. Horrible time getting on over the last few days. I've been reading that it's because the christmas time and everyone and their brother having the new console that they couldn't hold the large amount of traffic. I'll go search servers and then sit in a queue just waiting to get on. The games been glitching and acting weird to of late.

Archived