Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Kids who snipe in this game are such losers. I have yet to play with someone who sniped and was remotely helpful in helping his squad.

I disagree with this.  Snipers job is to kill the enemy at long ranges.  They fit in every aspect of any game mode on here.  A strategically placed squad beacon is extremely useful, especially if your trying to hold down a certain area of the map for the advantage, or if its located behind enemy lines or near where they are setting up.  It allows your team to spawn behind them and flank, etc.  Or continue to hold your ground.  

Same thing with the radar beacons that show enemies on the mini-map.  If you run team deathmatch or squad deathmatch, their job is to kill the enemy, thats it, so if they are doing it, shouldn't be a problem.  If the game is conquest, rush, etc. and they take to high ground/bushes/etc. and start picking off the enemy approaching while you are defending along with well placed beacons, how are they not valuable?  

If you are rushing and on offense, and they are sitting back, picking off the enemy and creating holes for you to go through to get closer to the objective, and happen to get a spawn beacon tucked somewhere behind enemy lines where the enemy doesn't see it (at least for a while, until they discover it), how are they not an asset?  

If you want to say they are cheap in hardcore cause a shot to the foot 400m away kills you, then yeah, you win that argument.  Gotta take the good with the bad though.  All classes are valuable and of asset, if the player plays the class like its meant to be played.  My favorite class is recon, I have no shame dropping you across the map.  Just like I have no shame taking one out with the UTS-15 with any class.  

I know your post was general, not attacking anyone on here.  :)  

And snipers are extremely vulnerable once you know where they are.  You can respawn as one, pick them off across the map.  Or you can sneak around the outskirts and get behind them and knife or blast them.  While we are looking around for prey to pick off, we zoom in and out repeatedly, and if we are zoomed in, we don't see anything behind us and our peripheral vision is limited too.

What you are describing is the ideal way they should play. However, I'd say about 99% of the kids who snipe in this game are selfish jerks.

Yeah, but so are 99% of the people that play assault and never revive you.  Or the support guy beside you that won't drop an ammo box.  The engineer is worthless unless you're playing with vehicles.  

yeah man, I'm not a fan of snipers at all.  As my man Taze said, the 1% of snipers who play aggressively and/or advance towards objectives and help the mission, I'm all for.

But most snipers are lone wolves who zoom in from 500 meters away with their 12x scope and contribute nothing to the cause.  As a diehard tryhard, these people annoy the hech out of me. 

Yeah, but so are 99% of the people that play assault and never revive you. Or the support guy beside you that won't drop an ammo box. The engineer is worthless unless you're playing with vehicles.

Everything you have said is spot on . Can't argue it, but I still hate snipers ! ;-)

I love snipers.

They taste like chicken.

For real, though, sniping is probably the least important thing Recon does. There's virtually no instance where sitting still and scoping in is helpful to yourself or the team. A recon with any weapon besides a sniper rifle can be a game-changer in any mode. It is *extremely* rare, however, that a recon who only snipes the entire map has an appreciable outcome on the game.

There are a couple of maps where I'll switch to a sniper rifle to clean off the rooftops in TDM, but I immediately switch back to my Assault DMR loadout. If they'd bring back the BFBC2 mortar strike, I might snipe more in Rush, at least when attacking.

hell yeah

A recon with any weapon besides a sniper rifle can be a game-changer in any mode. 

hell yeah, man.  anytime I play as recon (which is rare), its nothing but a shotgun, spawn beacon, and motion sensor.  rush the enemies, kill them all.

I think I have three kills total with all the sniper rifles LOL.  And those were for weapon unlock challenges

You have any luck ST? I downloaded it last night but was unable to play it. Whenever i will try to join a server it would say i needed to download the DLC...Just like what happened when SA was released.

I had no trouble. Got in fine on my first try. A little lag here and there, but not too bad at all. Amd carrier assaulf is an awesome game mode. So much fun.

Carrier assault Is a good game type idea. It was good fun playing last night. Why must 98% of the battlefield community be absolutely terrible at the game?

Sniper rifles are near useless and a terrible idea when in comes to actually winning. 99.9% of the time there is something more useful you could be doing than trying to snipe kids.

The only good thing about that class is the spawn beacon. You pretty much NEVER see any of the pros using a sniper rifle in any competitive battlefield match.

^^^

My biggest issue with BF as well. Clueless morons. Seems like the bigger the game got, the more idiots it attracted. And it seems like i always get stuck on the same team lol.

For real, I could live with the techinical issues thats wrong with the game, just get rid of the idiots. Id be happy.

Finally got all the multiplayer unlocks done. All the weapons, vehicle unlocks, and gadgets/kits unlocks. 

Unlocked most of them just playing regularly, but have been using the things I normally don't just to unlock everything. Those xp boosts you unlock from battlepacks helped alot. Especially for the PDWs, those things are pieces of ****!

• 3 weeks later...

Been spamming smoke lately, its a blast.  Running both smoke grenades, and the smoke grenade launcher.  support class and I toss myself ammo every time I'm stationary.  makes domination on Operation Locker pretty wild. 

Archived