Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

Really Dice?  Seriously, bro?

I busted my ass for that Support challenge:  200 LMG kills, 50 ammo ribbons, 50 LMG ribbons.  and you reward me with the POS RPK-74?  Myyyyyyy god that gun sucks, possibly the worst LMG.  ugh.

Back to my PKP Pecheneg, ol' faithful.  I unlocked the M240 last night too, but that bugger kicks like a mule!

I unlocked the M240 last night too, but that bugger kicks like a mule!

so I took some time to unlock a lot of attachments, and this thing has become a squad obliterator.  coyote red dot, muzzle break, red laser sight, stubby grip...holy mother of mary.  I run and gun a lot with Assault and Engineer.  But with Support, I'm learning to ease off the gas, and instead of blindly running around corners, I'm taking my time and moving slowly from cover to cover, like a responsible little battlefield player. 

The range on the M1014 with holo/dart/full choke/red laser is ridiculous

so I took some time to unlock a lot of attachments, and this thing has become a squad obliterator.  coyote red dot, muzzle break, red laser sight, stubby grip...holy mother of mary.  I run and gun a lot with Assault and Engineer.  But with Support, I'm learning to ease off the gas, and instead of blindly running around corners, I'm taking my time and moving slowly from cover to cover, like a responsible little battlefield player. 

The range on the M1014 with holo/dart/full choke/red laser is ridiculous

Whenever i play as anything other than Engineer i run into a million tanks and choppers. Always forces me back.

Been running support myself the last couple days using the mortar and claymore. People are so dumb. I put a claymore right next to the mortar and after I take out several enemies they come looking for the mortar. Claymore takes them out. It so funny. Rinse and repeat.
If they happened to get the mortar. I'm close enough to pick them off with my DMR but never to close that they fine me  :-)
That when I get the hate messages

I have found the easy button.

Hawk - Darts + Full Choke

Or...

QBU88

Or...

PKP.

Run with airburst grenades (aka the squad obliterator).

There is no hiding. Good lord.

I typically run with the UTS-15, laser dot, grip, buckshot.  I never seem to have good success using darts w/full choke.  I must try the PKP and those airburst grenades.  

I actually ran through the shottys to get to the UTS 15 because of how much everyone likes it.

It is very good, but in the course of doing research, I saw something else...

The Hawk has 4 more pellets/darts per shot. That's a potential 44 extra damage with darts *per shot* (60 extra damage with buckshot). With the full choke, it's 2-shot kill from any reasonable distance and 1-hit kill for farther than you'd think. Up close, you only need to hit with 10/14 darts (7/14 buckshot). The clip reload more than makes up for the 6-round clip for me (i seldom ran the UTS down to 9 rounds or fewer as I'm a chronic reloader). UTS is my second fav though :)

Now, the PKP...man, it's a different animal. 4hk from anywhere, but you gotta treat her well. She's got a lot of spank to 'er. Think BFBC2 tapping and you're golden.

Airburst...I didn't understand until two days ago how powerful it is. Every time I fire I just go through the whole clip as it usually takes 3-5 bursts to take someone out, but there is *no hiding* from it. No more wounding people, watching them take cover, then having to wait them out or move on. Heck, it's even an effective semi-primary weapon if you're in an open map where you don't have to worry about close encounters. I use it for all long-range engagements from rooftops over the pkp, although on those maps, it's nice to use the DMRs too.

***edit***: Forgot to mention that every shotty with the full choke is finnicky with hip fire. ADS, though, makes them more than nasty enough to make up for it. If you feel inclined, put in the time to get used to the weirdness. I promise you'll be converted :)

Chew, what's the best guns right now in each class? I need to start playing again, it's been way too long dawg!

Sup bud?

There's a great video I watched yesterday of the best guns in each class. Level cap gaming, one of the best battlefield players on the planet, out together a really in depth video about the best assault rifles, carbines, shotties, smgs, dmrs, etc. I'll post it when I get home

Chew, what's the best guns right now in each class?  

My man LevelCap breaks it down pretty well.  I started using the AK-5C after watching this video, its a friggin' beast.

My man LevelCap breaks it down pretty well.  I started using the AK-5C after watching this video, its a friggin' beast.

Awesome vid dawg!  I'm definitely gonna try some of those set-ups, particularly the AK-5C and ACE-23.  I might mix up my shotty set-up, but I still think the UTS-15 is better than the QBS-09, of course, I didn't have his set-up going.  

i'm

Awesome vid dawg!  I'm definitely gonna try some of those set-ups, particularly the AK-5C and ACE-23.  I might mix up my shotty set-up, but I still think the UTS-15 is better than the QBS-09, of course, I didn't have his set-up going.  

yeah bro, that AK-5C is really accurace, decent rate of fire, and not much recoil.  Especially once you've unlocked some decent attachments.

And I'm with you on the pumpers.  UTS all the way, man.  full choke, red laser, angled grip, buckshot...unfair.  Remington, Schmemington....

And for semi-autos, gimme that M10.  full choke, red laser, folding grip, dart.  the range with darts and full choke is godlike.  plus i love the BLAM of the 1014. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally played a little as support and unlocked the shotgun....not  a big fan. Just started using the slams instead of mines...freakin awesome. lol

you must unlock the UTS 15.  it takes a while, but its worth it.  ultimate spam/troll shotty.  full choke, red laser, coyote sight = hate messages.  :)

I've found a 32 vs 32 domination on Operation Locker server on the PS4, that's all I've played the last two weeks.  Within 30 seconds, the entire map becomes a standoff at main choke points with 8-10 people shooting around corners.  I'll pop out, toss a C4 around the corner, and kaboom.  5 kill!  so friggin' awesome.

Been rocking the PKP with IRNV x 2, heavy barrel, and folding stock or whatever the 1st shot recoil reduction is called.

Not. Fair. It's like a DMR with fully auto capability and only slightly worse accuracy (as long as you're standing still). You can hold down any choke point pretty much solo with that thing, and it's a headshot beast (the kick is basically vertical, so the second bullet has about 25% chance of hitting the head if you're centered on the chest).

Been rocking the PKP with IRNV x 2, heavy barrel, and folding stock or whatever the 1st shot recoil reduction is called.

Not. Fair. It's like a DMR with fully auto capability and only slightly worse accuracy (as long as you're standing still). You can hold down any choke point pretty much solo with that thing, and it's a headshot beast (the kick is basically vertical, so the second bullet has about 25% chance of hitting the head if you're centered on the chest).

Been a while since I've rocked the PKP, picked it up last night.  I forgot how hard that thing hits.  It feels so heavy when firing.  Low rate of fire but easy to control.  i was putting in some serious work last night.

When running LMGs, the M240B and the MG4 are my main babes, but that PKP chick worked herself back into rotation last night.  thansk for posting about it.  :)

NP! Glad you're enjoying it. It's so rare to see someone else play with it, and TBH I hate running across enemies that have learned its power lol. Got into a mini-pissing match with another PKP guy the other night. We ended up dead even in kills (9-9).

I'm thinking about spending some time with the AWS. It feels like it could wreck with a proper setup. Feels like the LMG version of the F2000 waterhose (recoil feels so dang light with it, and super high rate of fire).

Archived