Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will Make The Playoffs

ballin2041

QB play has been poor ... initially timing, accuracy, game "readiness" etc. ... some of that is better but there's been unforced mental errors ... the interception today ... not covering up on the dive that was a fumble.

the OC has been poor ... top tier running back and a decent enough O Line ... 3 passes from the 4 yard line and a FG while trailing ... really? as in REALLY?!  Granted the first 2 games the OC was denied anything like a chance to get into a plan but today there was time.

The DC ... well I honestly don't know if its the DC or the players.  I hear the any team but the Redskins 'homer' announcers (back to that apparently) dumping on the rookies ... but there's last years starting safety deep on the bench (Pugh) so the rookie is either not that bad or the DC is that bad.  I liked what I saw when the DBs were allowed to bump the WRs at the line instead of giving that huge cushion but ... seriously ... the defense is playing 2X as much football per game as it should be ... and the opponent is never in a predictable position since they are almost always playing with the lead 

Seriously ... how did this team win games last year and what the heck happened to slide ... no sprint into the depths of horrid?

Well we could be technically in it even if we start 0-7. Of course, sweeping Dallas again would make up the difference between us right now.

Dallas just annihilated a team down in Jerry World.  When was the last time the 'skins actually curb-stomped anyone?  Instead, we just gave up a home loss to a team who has NEVER won in our house.  And we're going to sweep the Cowboys?  As much as I'd LOVE to see it, I'm not betting the mortgage on it happening. 

Griffins on pace to throw for over 5k yards and the offense they used today was more of the old shanny bootleg roll out, play action etc; the problem was our line wasn't blocking good.

The teams getting better but our defense is bad still. We need a good safety. Its a shame Thomas got hurt. Man imagine if we had Sean Taylor still, :(

Right, but that didn't fit in with the upward trend I was looking for so I ignored it. :)

My point is we never make the playoffs until we're pinned into a corner

Griffins on pace to throw for over 5k yards and the offense they used today was more of the old shanny bootleg roll out, play action etc; the problem was our line wasn't blocking good.

The teams getting better but our defense is bad still. We need a good safety. Its a shame Thomas got hurt. Man imagine if we had Sean Taylor still, :(

If we had ST still, do you think he'd still be a Redskins in 2013? Im thinking he would have signed somewhere else

Or if we'd drafted Darrelle Revis instead of Landry.

I'm not ready to give in yet either as long as they best the raiders. They HAVE to get a win going into the bye. Then we play Dallas. We can still be hanging around them going into that game. A loss to the Raiders though with the defense getting shredded again.... I hope Haslett is gone after that. Dallas is at the chargers then has Denver.

What is the OPer smoking? 0-3 and this team will make the playoffs. The same team that is setting the NFL record for most yardage given up in the first three games of any NFL season The same team that can't tackle, cover receivers, gives up 100 yard days to two of the opposing teams WR's in all three games, and commits personal foul penalties like they were candy? RGIII is the least of the problems with this team. The defense is being led by a brainless, lost, and utterly helpless DC. He move from the sidelines to the booth this year because he wanted to be able to see what the offenses are doing to his swiss cheese defense so he can communicate to them faster. Well it hasn't helped one bit. They still look like swiss cheese, he is still has that clueless "deer in the hedalights" look he always has. If they don't fire him they are going to continue to lose. Not even having the bye week before the cowboy game is going to improve his defense or his ability to scheme. Jeff Fisher, HC of the St. Louis Rams said it perfectly last year when he said that "they knew exactly what type of defense Haslett called because he so predictable." That says volumes about his reputation around the league. Get rid of him and make it known to those who tackle poorly are on notice and that fines will soon be following. Hell Lovie Smith is still available.

Well, if you have the Superbowl or bust mentality, it doesn't really matter whether we make the playoffs this year...I think most of us knew that with RG3 coming off the injury, obvious deficiencies in the Secondary, and lack of cap space, that we were very unlikely to win the Bowl this year anyway...so whatever happens, we should use this year to develop Robert, do our scouting for all the free agent upgrades we can afford next year, and find out whether the Shanny's are our coaches of the future

As much as I love OP's optimism, this season may not amount to much.  It won't be Marty's 0-5 to 8-8 and we totally forget about last year's 3-6 to where that ended up.  The defense doesn't stop anybody and worse than that, RG3 is a TURNOVER MACHINE this year.  The INTs that weren't there last year are finally showing up.  Poor throws and bad decision making.  After yesterday, add fumbling to the list.  Like the Nats in 2012, the Skins overachieved last year and playing badly with high expectations.  I hope I'm wrong, but probably won't be.

How does this team go from winning 7 straight to win the division last year with all the injuries we had and is pretty much the same defense as last year to a bad defense. We got Orakpo back, we still have the same starting CB's, We have Merriweather back, and yet we still look like some high school team. Yes the offense is playing poorly but the defense is play worst. I thought that this team had turned the corner and was back on a winning path but I was wrong. Poor defensive play is the direct result of bad coaching. Coaches coach and players play but if you coach badly and put them in bad positions then your players will look bad.

5 teams. 

5 teams in history have made the paloffs from an 0-3 start. 

3 tems since the expended format of today. 

Good luck with that belief. 

Hail. 

This right here.

Dear OP, the numbers don't lie kid but I appreciate your optimism. The team may be able to get to .500 but not any further. But hey, the good thing about football is, there's always next year.

Well we started 0-5 in 2001, and nearly came back to make the playoffs that season

"Nearly" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades my friend.

Paloffs?  What do you mean Paloffs?

9/29- @ Raiders-  I say we lose this one.  0-4.

Bye Week-   There will be pressure to fire Hasslet but Shanny will refuse and I will say this will be the starting point in the fissure in Danny and Shanny's relationship that leads to Shanny's eventually firing.

10/13- @ Dallas on SNF.  I expect a blowout loss on national TV. We fall to 0-5.

10/20- Bears- A close loss but a loss.  WE fall to 0-6.

10/27- @ Broncos.  Another ugly blowout loss.  We fall to 0-7.

11/3-  Chargers.  A tie.  Yes, we play the Chargers to a tie.  0-7-1.

11/7-  @Vikings.  We finally win our first game. 1-7-1.

11/17-  @Eagles.  We get revenge for the opener. 2-7-1.

11/25- 49ers.  A MNF game.  I fully expect to hear that Snyder has had secrets talks with Jon Gruden.  We lose.  2-8-1.

12/1-  Giants.  This currently scheduled SNF game will be flexed out.  We have our best game of the season against the equally bad Giants.   We win.  3-8-1.

12/8- Chiefs-  Chiefs win easily.  3-9-1.

12/15- Falcons-  We beat the disappointing Falcons to improve to 4-9-1.

12/22- Boys-  We win the rematch against the division winning Boys. 5-9-1.

12/29. Giants-  Giants win the rematch.  5-10-1.

Snyder has a long meeting with Shanny on 12/30.  Shanny still refuses to make the changes that Danny asked for during the bye week.    Snyder announces at the end of the day that Shanny has been fired and will not return as coach.   Shanny also announces that Kyle  has been fired and Hasslet has been fired.   He announces that  Bruce Allen will remain and be in charge of the coaching search.   So we head into the new year watching wear Snyder One goes.

Everyone will thinks that Jon Gruden will be our next coach but something tells me Bruce convinces Dan to go with a young coordinator.    Jon will be interviewed though.

Believe me as I post this. I'm not whining. In fact, I'm beyond whining.

But I have to ask. Why is it that we are always looking for this team to improve? When is it our time to be one of the better teams? When do we as fans have to stop being patient for this team to give us a consistent winner? I mean don't we get tired of hearing the same excuses year after year? Aside from wins and losses, when do they put a team on the field that we can be proud of no matter the score? I am nothing but embarrassed to say I'm a Redskins fan at this point.

I know it stinks. It really does, I totally agree. It's absolutely heart breaking. It almost seems like we just can't have any sustained success no matter what.

But, then I think about how far this franchise has come under Shanahan. I know our roster is deeper. I know our roster is younger. I know our roster has a franchise QB on it who can become one of the best ever. I know he's coming off a major knee reconstruction. I know that our team has the capability of playing with anyone, they proved that last year. I know the NFC East is on the decline and our future looks immensely brighter than any of theirs except, maybe, the Eagles.

Those are things I know. Is this start to the season devastating? Absolutely. Can we come back from it? Maybe it's unlikely, but yes, we can. Does it stink that we have to "come back" in the first place and aren't just one of the better teams in the league to start off? Yup... but what can we do?

Everything is happening like I thought before the year. I said then that RG3 wont look like RG3 until the 2nd half of the Raiders game and we wont look back after that. I said hopefully we can still win some in the process but it doesnt matter. I felt that this game would come down to the end and we will either lose or we will get a win in OT.

Dont hold your head. You can see RG3 and the O slowly starting to creep up and get more into game speed. Its just still a half second off but you see the flashes of brilliance. He's right there. We will win the Raiders game. Im not sure how the 1st half will play out but we will be dominant in the 2nd half and will be hard as hell to beat after that.

RG3 gets the bye and we get more troops back after the 4 games suspension. The division is bad but even if it wasnt bad, we would make the playoffs. We will easily go 10-3 and I wouldnt be shocked if we do even better. We will look like SB contenders and by time we get to games like Denver that you think are losses, everyone's opinion will have changed and alot of you will feel like we can beat them.

Dont lose hope, atleast not until after the Raiders game. If we look bad then you can worry but I dont think we will look bad and RG3 will be so dominant in that 2nd half. We will score atleast 3 TDs and he will look great running & throwing. Bookmark this thread for then

This season is far from over! We can win this division and it starts Sunday against the Raiders. 

Archived