Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will Make The Playoffs

ballin2041

ballin2041,

I appreciate your hope in the offense, but did you do know the Redskins defense has given up more yards in the first three games than any team in NFL history?

The Redskins have a historically bad defense, putrid special teams, an offense that can't get out of its own way, and a killer schedule. 

On the other hand, anything is possible.  So I definitely hope they can go 10-3 the rest of the year.

I look at it like with have 6 "get out of jail free" cards a season, possibly 7 depending on the performance of the rest of the division and conference.   We've already burned 3 of them.  I keep hoping that the "next" game will be the good game that gets a little run going.  We need to scratch and claw our way to a win next week against the Raiders.  If we can get a win against the Raiders, hopefully we can use the bye week to make adjustments and come out strong against Dallas.  If we win the next two games, the Skins will get back into the mix.  We can't afford any more losses anytime soon.  I do think we will start getting some wins and get something rolling, but if we lose against the Raiders and/or Cowboys, the hole will probably be too deep to craw out, even if a winning streak occurs later in the season. 

Meh, Dallas was 2-1 in both of Garrett's past two seasons and finished 8-8. Still a lot of football left to be played.

But its better than 0-3......and I certainly wouldn't be beating my chest if the Skins won the East at 8-8.

I don't think 10-6 in the East is all that impressive or anything, but Dallas seems to at least take care of business. Home against the Rams? They win in dominating fashion. I'll put it this way, they seem like the only team in the division with a realistic chance at 9+ wins. When you factor in that they could very well beat up on the other 3 teams...10 or 11 wins is in reach for them.

im a man of little faith now. Let's start talking off season because this team has yet again played us for FOOLS!!! They made us believe in the hype. We "thought" the defense would look at least somewhat manageable. We were convinced that the O will be reminiscent of the 2012 season. ALL OF IT. BLOW IT UP!!! RGIII will not regain his previous form.

Hail to RG0-3

I don't think 10-6 in the East is all that impressive or anything, but Dallas seems to at least take care of business. Home against the Rams? They win in dominating fashion. I'll put it this way, they seem like the only team in the division with a realistic chance at 9+ wins. When you factor in that they could very well beat up on the other 3 teams...10 or 11 wins is in reach for them.

That's true. Dallas is fortunate in that they get to play the NFC East 6 times.

Through 3 weeks, the four NFC East teams have won a combined 3 games, two of which were within the division. In other words, the NFCE is 1-7 outside the division. It's just...hideous.

I want to believe that things are just going to get better but to be 100% truthfully, this team still has not put together 60 minutes of complete football.

The defense makes a play for TD early but eventually surrenders two backbreaking scoring drives late.

Offense starts looking somewhat competent then our QB that was amazing at protecting the ball now has six TOs in three games. 2012 was just that...2012.

The 2013 Redskins have all the makings of a bad team. Hopefully things change Sunday but I'm still signing every Raiders WR and obscure RB to my FF team this week. 

im a man of little faith now. Let's start talking off season because this team has yet again played us for FOOLS!!! They made us believe in the hype. We "thought" the defense would look at least somewhat manageable. We were convinced that the O will be reminiscent of the 2012 season. ALL OF IT. BLOW IT UP!!! RGIII will not regain his previous form.

Hail to RG0-3

what fun did you get out of posting that? 

Everything is happening like I thought before the year. I said then that RG3 wont look like RG3 until the 2nd half of the Raiders game and we wont look back after that. I said hopefully we can still win some in the process but it doesnt matter. I felt that this game would come down to the end and we will either lose or we will get a win in OT.

Dont hold your head. You can see RG3 and the O slowly starting to creep up and get more into game speed. Its just still a half second off but you see the flashes of brilliance. He's right there. We will win the Raiders game. Im not sure how the 1st half will play out but we will be dominant in the 2nd half and will be hard as hell to beat after that.

RG3 gets the bye and we get more troops back after the 4 games suspension. The division is bad but even if it wasnt bad, we would make the playoffs. We will easily go 10-3 and I wouldnt be shocked if we do even better. We will look like SB contenders and by time we get to games like Denver that you think are losses, everyone's opinion will have changed and alot of you will feel like we can beat them.

Dont lose hope, atleast not until after the Raiders game. If we look bad then you can worry but I dont think we will look bad and RG3 will be so dominant in that 2nd half. We will score atleast 3 TDs and he will look great running & throwing. Bookmark this thread for then

I love you for this post.  Bless you and your whole...everything.

HTTR!!!

I am so tired of hearing about stats, and 0-3 starts, and the likely hood of making the playoffs. Here is what I am focusing on:

1) Even though we lost vs. the Lions we improved. The turnovers were dumb but such is life

2) 3 games under 500 is where we were last year and our season ended were? Oh yeah in the playoffs

3) the NFC East sucks this year so 9 wins will probably get us in and we have 13 more games to get 9 wins

relax people the skins will be fine. Did you think that we would go 16-0 this year?

Griffin is fine, I like Cousins but he is not getting the job. We are chopping away, very slowly I will admit, but we will get there

I am so tired of hearing about stats, and 0-3 starts, and the likely hood of making the playoffs. Here is what I am focusing on:

1) Even though we lost vs. the Lions we improved. The turnovers were dumb but such is life

2) 3 games under 500 is where we were last year and our season ended were? Oh yeah in the playoffs

3) the NFC East sucks this year so 9 wins will probably get us in and we have 13 more games to get 9 wins

relax people the skins will be fine. Did you think that we would go 16-0 this year?

Griffin is fine, I like Cousins but he is not getting the job. We are chopping away, very slowly I will admit, but we will get there

Agreed.

I get a bit tired of the "sky is falling" mentality of the fan base BUT I understand it. I definitely witnessed great improvement with RG3 with the offense in this past game. 

I know he lost the ball on that run but it had to really give him confidence - it was a great run with burst and speed.  The fumble and the bobbled pass was regrettable, **** luck but that is football.  But I thought he played a very solid game.  I think the "magic" of last year will return.  This team has to stay together that is all.  The talent is there on Offense.

I get that the D looked poor in the first two games but I saw only a few missed assignments in this game, and few missed tackles but not a bad game overall for the D.

The way this division looks - we have a great chance of being in it at the end.  And Dallas?  Someone posted they would win 10.  Tony Romo sits to pee's issues are mental in nature IMO and I have no doubt he will collapse again, fall on his sword, because "mentally" he does that. At this point the division is up for grabs. 

With our schedule, it doesn't look great.  Even if we beat Oakland next week (which is not a given), we then have to travel to Dallas, play Chicago at home, then go to Denver.  It gets a little easier after that with San Diego, Minnesota, and Philadelphia.  Anything is possible I guess.  This team hasn't shown me anything to think we will make the playoffs thoguh.

While I commend the enthusiasm *raises a glass*, the stats are the stats.  We're staring down the barrel of a 2.6% chance of making that oh so coveted playoff run.  It would take a miracle at this point and I'm going with we spent that "miracle-in-reserve" on last years division championship.  :)

While I commend the enthusiasm *raises a glass*, the stats are the stats.  We're staring down the barrel of a 2.6% chance of making that oh so coveted playoff run.  It would take a miracle at this point and I'm going with we spent that "miracle-in-reserve" on last years division championship.  :)

what are the chances of making the playoffs or getting to 10-6 after a 3-6 start? I venture to say that its probably easier to do that but I actually feel better right now then I did last year. 1st off last year you have no margin for error. This year we can still lose 3 more and get to 10-6. Not only that but the funny thing is that we made our run last year when we became 3 games under .500

Thats what we are right now. 3 games under. Infact, we can go 3-3 over the next 6 and still be right where we were last year. I think we will do better over these next 6 than that. On top of that we have guys who know they can do it. Most of all I just feel like this is a good team. Even with the Skins making the playoffs twice in the 2nd Gibbs era, I never felt great. Like if we started off bad the next year, I wouldnt be shocked or think that we could turn it around. This team is better, mostly because of the QB

5 teams. 

5 teams in history have made the paloffs from an 0-3 start. 

3 tems since the expended format of today. 

Good luck with that belief. 

Hail. 

I see you're pissing on some poor guy's corn flakes again. :P

I actually agree that we will make the paloffs this year. I don't know if I agree that we will go 10-3, especially when 9-7 in the NFC-E will probably win it. But I think we will make the paloffs, and just might still win the division. I too didn't expect us to be a good offense until week 5 or 6. The only thing that HAS surprised me is how god awful the defense is, but I think they're showing signs of improvement.

I am the optimist of optimist, but something tells me the Defense determines whether this team sniffs a playoff run.

they will have a big say but I just think that when RG3 and the O clicks then the D will start to look alot better also. Not to mention adding Jackson & Jenkins after the bye

If you don't think this team can turn it around, if you don't want this team to turn it around, if you are going to bring up 5,000 facts of why we are done, keep it to yourself, or turn your fan card in.  When we are mathmatically out, you can piss and moan all you want.

Until then, I am a believer that things will change for the better.  Cheer for the damn team and hope for the best.  Some of you people are miserable, and to be blatantly honest, the crud that is spewed on this website is a lot easier typed into a forum than said in real life.  You guys sit here and attack everything and spawn negativity, when the bottom line is we should all be hoping for the best.

Again, when we are mathmatically out, go ahead with the sky is falling routine.  We have looked like hell as a team, but we aren't out.     

Archived