Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will Make The Playoffs

ballin2041

8-8 would be great from here.  Don't think that will get us in the playoffs though.

You honestly believe this defense is only going to lose 5 more games this year? Denver, Chicago, San Fran and Atlanta are loses. Figure we end up 500 in the division. Thats 7 losses right there. And the Chiefs and Chargers are both playing decent ball this year. It's OVER man. I dont think we win 6 games this season.

I still have faith.  If we can dominate the rest of the division games we will be okay.   San Fran is 1-2 and so is Green Bay.....I see both of those teams making the playoffs.  It isn't out of reach yet, Dallas is only 2-1 and a very tough schedule especially in December.  I won't rule anything out at this point, but we do need to play better than this.

Believe me as I post this. I'm not whining. In fact, I'm beyond whining.

But I have to ask. Why is it that we are always looking for this team to improve? When is it our time to be one of the better teams? When do we as fans have to stop being patient for this team to give us a consistent winner? I mean don't we get tired of hearing the same excuses year after year? Aside from wins and losses, when do they put a team on the field that we can be proud of no matter the score? I am nothing but embarrassed to say I'm a Redskins fan at this point.

exactly where I'm at.

I can count the times that this team has been legit in my lifetime on one hand. 

This is probably a topic for another thread, but will folks really be happy with the Redskins getting a playoff berth at 8-8 or, heaven forbid, worse?I've decried the four division per conference format for a while and don't want the Redskins to be "that" team which wins the lousy East at .500 or below and gets to host a game against a 10- or 11-win wild-card team like, say, the Saints or Falcons. What's the point of the regular season then?Yes, I know this team rattled off seven straight last season, and I think Garcon coming back helped us a lot on that stretch. But right now this is a team that is relatively healthy but just doesn't seem to have the answers. The $18 million cap hit is being felt, and Robert is looking how we probably should've expected him to look as a pocket passser in his first season.To say we are "easily" going to go 10-3 based on what we've seen so far is laughable. To even say that we are definitely going to beat the Raiders is laughable. Next week's game is a toss-up, IMO.

I would be happy with it yes. It would be disappointing considering the offseason and what we had envisioned but realizing through these first three games just how much Griffin has had to overcome and how outmatched we are defensively, if we were to rebound and get in the playoffs it would be a huge success.

Once you are in, anything can happen.

If we're 4-4 by the time the 49ers game comes, we're gonna win the division. 

LMAO What?

We had 2 defensive TDs in the first 3 weeks last year and were also on pace for a historically bad defensive season

Well then I guess we are going to win the super bowl

Even if we lose the 1st 4 games there are still 9-10 games to be won after the bye week. Anything is possible at the moment. And to say that we will be in the playoff is no different than people saying we won't.

Today's game was lost to two offensive players not holding on to the ball. The D didn't play well and with all the miss tackles but they still did enough and the O dropped the ball on them. Once this is corrected and it will be we should be ok.

No! Not this year.

The way our offense and defense is playing, we just aren't good enough to win 8-9 games to be considered a wild card playoff team.

RGIII is playing at a subpar level. He and his dad need to get on the same page... and, that is to do whatever it takes to win! They are being paid big bucks to do just that.

Let this also be a lesson to our think tank, front office, and draft gurus... don't bank on someone who has already had a serious injury. As more likely than not, it may re-occur. If you have banked the house on that player, you may not get the dividends you expected in the long run.

I will say this. THE best defender on the field today was...the field, itself. It caused a fumble by our scrambling QB at the most opportune time (for our opponent) and then later shifted momentum by causing a TD catch to pop out after the apparent catch was made in the end-zone for the go ahead score in the 4th qtr.

Hey, our team played better today than they did the first couple games. Hell, it was a GAME in the second half! They just didn't play well enough to win vs a decent team at home. This team is likely (and statistically) done for the year as far as the playoffs are concerned. What I am looking for from here on out is improved confidence by our QB and inspired play by this defense. ANY improvement or even the occasional big play by the Special teams would be considered, well, special. Damn. I miss Danny Smith. Never thought Id say that.

I have always thought that this team played on a magic carpet ride last year and this year would be a slog as teams wised up to the Schemes that worked last year and having to overcome recoveries to some serious injuries. But there is talent on this team and I truly feel like it will be fully realized next year, provided a competent draft. There is too much talent on this team and at the QB position for me to assume that this team is not on the verge of great things over the next few years. JMHO

Archived