Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will Make The Playoffs

ballin2041

While I commend the enthusiasm *raises a glass*, the stats are the stats.  We're staring down the barrel of a 2.6% chance of making that oh so coveted playoff run.  It would take a miracle at this point and I'm going with we spent that "miracle-in-reserve" on last years division championship.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is going to get more tragically funny every week.  But as a fan, I want to look on the bright side, and every loss gets us closer to the firing of that overrated bum, Mike Shanahan.  To be in this league as long as he has, and he still can't manage the clock?!?!  I won't miss him when he's gone. 

^^ Not sure what's funny about a Redskin fan believing in his team? I mean, if he's wrong aren't we all? Who wants to be right here or point and laugh? 

I mean, damnit, he posted this on a Redskins board. A REDSKINS BOARD. He didn't go and put it on some NFC East rival's board. He put it here, where he should feel like he's got support. He shouldn't be ridiculed. We should all hope he's right and that's it, even if it seems unlikely. There are a hundred other threads where the negatives of the team can be pointed out. 

Seriously? This helps people vent? I swear so many posters here prove time and time again after a loss that they're... never mind, forget it. 

We are 1-4 with the Bears and @Broncos next 2 weeks. Best case, we are 2-5. That means we have to finish 7-2 to have a realistic shot at winning the division. Luckily, our toughest games are at home (KC, Dallas, San Fran). We have to sweep the remaining Div games (@Philly, NYG, Dallas, @NYG). We have to beat Chicago, @Minn, SD, @Philly, NYG, @Atlanta, Dallas, @NYG. Losses to @Denver, KC, San Fran. 

So, um, yeah...

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start a new thread and I know this title is pretty ridiculous, but so is this post ... 

I realize the situation now is totally different from a scenario standpoint but also a team/personnel stand point when compared to last year ... But I guess my question, if we win out and get to 9-7 are our chances still almost nil since we don't play as many NFC East teams?

Try to keep this positive please ... 

There are plenty of threads for you to post the ... 

Why bother, this team will not win more than 3 games this year ... 

Or the witty picture ... 

Or the obvious crap like we had an easier schedule during  last year's run ... 

I didn't want to start a new thread and I know this title is pretty ridiculous, but so is this post ... 

I realize the situation now is totally different from a scenario standpoint but also a team/personnel stand point when compared to last year ... But I guess my question, if we win out and get to 9-7 are our chances still almost nil since we don't play as many NFC East teams?

Try to keep this positive please ... 

There are plenty of threads for you to post the ... 

Why bother, this team will not win more than 3 games this year ... 

Or the witty picture ... 

Or the obvious crap like we had an easier schedule during  last year's run ... 

We'd only be 3-3 in the division and would lose most tiebreakers to Philly and Dallas I believe. Unless they both fall of a cliff and finish 8-8 to our 9-7 I think it's wrap.

Sadly, the dream has died for this season.

We'd only be 3-3 in the division and would lose most tiebreakers to Philly and Dallas I believe. Unless they both fall of a cliff and finish 8-8 to our 9-7 I think it's wrap.

Sadly, the dream has died for this season.

yeah, we all talk a lot  of "must win" but I guess Philly really was the real McCoy ... we won't have tie breakers in a division where 9-7 will win it. 

Were the Giants as out of it at 0-6 as we are at 3-7?

yeah, we all talk a lot  of "must win" but I guess Philly really was the real McCoy ... we won't have tie breakers in a division where 9-7 will win it. 

Were the Giants as out of it at 0-6 as we are at 3-7?

I don't think so because even at 0-6 I think they were only 3 games back in the division with 4 division games still to play. 

Our playoffs are 'Keep Robert Griffin upright and healthy the last 6 weeks' and 'Try like hell to keep the Rams out of the top 10 with the pick we traded them.' Nothing else to really play for.

Agree on the first part but I don't care where the Rams pick. it makes all of our picks better in the other rounds. 

I'd also completely abandon the RO. We know Griffin can run it. No reason for him to take these kind of shots. I'd spread it out multi wide and run a spread option quick strike passing attack sort of like how we do in the hurry up situations. Let him develop like that for the rest of the year seeing the defense and making quick reads then he can go into the offense with some momentum and can work on improving whether with this staff or hopefully, a new one. 

I'll play along.... If we win out....

--We are guaranteed to finish ahead of the Giants

--Dallas would have to go 4-1 in their non-Redskins games to finish ahead of us

So, if we win out, the chances of us finishing at least second in the East are quite good.

--We need Philly to finish 2-3 or worse. The most likely scenerio would be for them to split with the Lions, Bears, Cardinals, and Vikings and then go into Dallas and lose week 17.

I'd say if we win our next five there is a pretty good chance we'd enter week 17 still alive for the division.

because they have our 1st round pick, so if we finish with a bad record, we would be giving them a top ten draft pick.

Who cares? It's not our pick anymore it doesn't matter. Be glad we smited them out of a top 10 pick and then when the player we want goes 3 picks ahead of in the 2nd and 4th rounds remember it. 

Who cares? It's not our pick anymore it doesn't matter. Be glad we smited them out of a top 10 pick and then when the player we want goes 3 picks ahead of in the 2nd and 4th rounds remember it. 

yeah, but it would mean that our sucking means a potentially great player (QB even) will be going to st louis. i guess its not that bad, just wish we have a 1st round pick this year to get a good wide reciever or o-line..also, what do u mean we smited them out of a top 10 pick? u mean the year we drafted RG3? and which player are we wanting that will go 3 picks ahead of them? im confused :(

I meant rooting for us to keep winning to keep them from a top 10 pick will only harm us in the long run when we are further back in each round we do have picks in. I am not suggesting tanking I just don't like the notion that a goal of ours is to prevent the Rams from getting a high pick. It's irrelevant to us except to look back and say well what could have been. I've seen it several times on the board and it doesn't make sense to me. 

I meant rooting for us to keep winning to keep them from a top 10 pick will only harm us in the long run when we are further back in each round we do have picks in. I am not suggesting tanking I just don't like the notion that a goal of ours is to prevent the Rams from getting a high pick. It's irrelevant to us except to look back and say well what could have been. I've seen it several times on the board and it doesn't make sense to me. 

yeah that is a good point, it makes no sense to win games just to make their 1st round pick lower (higher?).

Archived