Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will Make The Playoffs

ballin2041

Optimistic and delusional are 2 different things. Whats my reply of his post to you? I'm guessing the same...

Your reply, to me, was taking out your frustrations on a guy who isn't down in the dumps like you are and you want everyone else to be.

So there's my answer.

Again, what's it to you? Even if he's delusional (which you have NO WAY OF PROVING, anything can still happen), why are you so bothered by his hope? You worried he can't handle it if things don't go well? How do you know?

Look right now our D is no where.  RGIII basically is playing like a rookie, making rookie mistakes.  Our coaching staff is clueless how to fix things.  Next week is Oakland, we should beat them, and then we have the bye.  The thing is right now the Giants are worse than us, they don't even have a clue what they are doing.  If we turn it around in Oakland, the game with the Boys will tell us if we have a chance this season or not.

Obviously you never watched Animal House.

nope never seen it

I'm liking all this garbage division talk when the Cowboys are sitting at 2-1. They're not competing for a wild card, people. It doesn't do the Skins any good that the other 2 teams are about as pathetic right now.

I don't understand, one team with a winning record means this isn't a garbage division?  So far the NFC East has won one game outside the division. This is easily the worst division in football, and everything is still up for grabs.

I don't understand, one team with a winning record means this isn't a garbage division?  So far the NFC East has won one game outside the division. This is easily the worst division in football, and everything is still up for grabs.

I guess it's the up for grabs part I disagree with. The Cowboys don't look like absolute crap, unlike the rest of the teams.

Your reply, to me, was taking out your frustrations on a guy who isn't down in the dumps like you are and you want everyone else to be.

So there's my answer.

Again, what's it to you? Even if he's delusional (which you have NO WAY OF PROVING, anything can still happen), why are you so bothered by his hope? You worried he can't handle it if things don't go well? How do you know?

You could find the good in Charles Manson, couldn't you? lol

So there's my answer.

Actually, i'm not so much bothered at the loss as much as HOW we lost. I'm not down in the dumps, never have been and never will be,

And yes, I have no way of proving he's delusional or not; I doubt he is, and never accused him of being it either, I merely replied to a comment, in which others seem to be more frustrated than others about the loss than I am, and decided to attempt to take their frustrations out on them.

Relax Francis...

You could find the good in Charles Manson, couldn't you? lol

Nope, that would be tough.

But I'm not even finding much good in the Skins. Didn't even mention them, here. I'm making another point, really. :)

Relax Francis...

lol, me relax?

Ok, I guess.

I'm sorry, this team has zero chance at making the playoffs. Zilch. None.

Last year even at 3-6 we had a chance, mainly because we had five division games down the stretch and an offense that was capable of putting up 30 every week. The D was also somehow not as bad last year as it is this year.

This year we've got a QB who has SIGNIFICANTLY regressed. As has the D. And the schedule looks much tougher. I mean, where are the wins? We aren't winning in Atlanta or Denver. Not beating the 9ers. Maybe we split the Cowboys and Giants, maybe we beat the Raiders and Vikings, and maybe we win the second Eagles game. That's four wins. Being generous you can push it to six, that's still 6-10.

I would be as happy as anyone for a huge turnaround and a return to the paloffs but there has been nothing, and I mean NOTHING to indicate that is going to happen.

We have the historically worst defense in NFL history when it comes to yards given up, our offense is below average, and our coaching staff has no idea how to fix it.

I predicted 9-7 10-6 depending on how we played for our season record now I think we will be lucky to win 3 games. I still think we can beat the Raiders but it would not surprise me if we lost...then we have the Broncos coming up that's a loss already and we don't even have to play....Peyton Manning puts up at least 350 with 4td passes on us 1-4 is where we are gonna be very very soon if not 0-5.

Hope I am wrong but I just do not think I am.

I just gave myself 2 weeks to decide if I want to cancel Sunday Ticket. I'm going on vacation during the bye week and will make a decision when I get back. I'm tired of wasting my money and time on Sundays watching a team that can't get out of its own way. As a 9 year subscriber to Sunday Ticket, this will be an important decision.

Last year even at 3-6 we had a chance, mainly because we had five division games down the stretch and an offense that was capable of putting up 30 every week. The D was also somehow not as bad last year as it is this year.

Maybe, maybe not. But you know what I find hilarious?

THE EXACT SAME THINGS WERE BEING SAID WHEN WE WERE 3-6. Shall I find some of those posts? ;)

Actually, it wasn't only being said that there's no way we'd make the playoffs, but we were already talking about Chip Kelly and an entire re-organization of the franchise. And when anyone expressed ANY semblance of optimism by, for instance, pointing to our 5 game winning streak in 2005 or the other one in 2007, they got laughed at and said "this team is awful in every way, unlike those teams". Remember, our offense was sputtering when we were 3-6 as well. Pretty much the EXACT same stuff.

Lol. Just, lol. We'll never learn. I know we're all emotional right now, and that's fine. I'll bow out now. Everyone can go back to the flipping out stuff. :)

Nope, that would be tough.

But I'm not even finding much good in the Skins. Didn't even mention them, here. I'm making another point, really. :)

lol, me relax?

Ok, I guess.

We'll both be much better after a good nite sleep.

Nothing but love for ya...

And I will go ahead and apologize if it offended the OP; my sarcasm meter gets stuck sometimes, and I just have no control over my fingers...

This year we've got a QB who has SIGNIFICANTLY regressed. As has the D. And the schedule looks much tougher. I mean, where are the wins? We aren't winning in Atlanta or Denver. Not beating the 9ers. Maybe we split the Cowboys and Giants, maybe we beat the Raiders and Vikings, and maybe we win the second Eagles game. That's four wins. Being generous you can push it to six, that's still 6-10.

We'll get blown out by the Raiders and somehow beat the Broncos by 20 points. That's what the Redskins do.

I'm just impressed that the OP has it nailed down to exactly when RG3 will break out his Cape and transform into the "Real RG3". Ok, so it's gonna be the 2nd half of the Raiders game.

My only question is should we expect this right after halftime or will it be in garbage time?

How many teams made the playoffs form 3-6? I'm guessing less than the number of teams that went 0-3.

Not saying they will or won't. But they are 3 games blow .500, same place they were last year. This year, though, they don't have to win 7 in a row.

We'll see. I honestly don't care about the record. I want to see them play better first, before thinking about record.

This year though, they do have to contest with two additional first place teams instead of 4th place teams, stronger NFC division opponents (this years north vs last years south), an early bye, and an away game for the final division game of the season.

My worries about last year and this year is that our offense looked significantly better during that 3-6 stretch then it does this year. So there was at least hope that if the Defense improved some we could actually win some games. Right now we need BOTH sides to improve to have any shot.

We're still a bad team right now, no one is arguing that.

That being said, did we not improve in every single facet this week compared to the last two games? I mean, honestly? Can someone argue against that?

I know the improvement isn't enough to win many, if any, games in the NFL... however, we got to actually see the team improve. That's kind of a big step considering just how awful they've looked. Who is here to argue that they simply can't improve more? Didn't they just prove they're getting better, albeit slightly?

These early ball games don't mean much right now for any team. The Eagle loss hurts the most but the division being weak helps a lot

This isn't baseball. Every game is big and counts heavily. The redskins can lose no more than 3 more games all season if they are to reach 10 wins. Other than 5 division games, mostly away, they still have to deal with the 49ers, broncos, falcons, bears, and the suddenly good chiefs.

Archived