Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Four games in and Murray has yet to eclipse 100 yards on the SEASON. In fact he's not even halfway there yet with 47 yards. That's is mind numbingly anemic. Heck 30 of those yards came on one play vs us today.

i drafted him in my fantasy football league. worst decision ever. though it doesn't bother me ;)

From the Philadelphia Daily News: 

“LANDOVER, Md. - There is almost nothing you can say at this point that is too hyperbolic, no rant that is too far over the top. We haven't even raked up any leaves yet, and we're raking the Eagles' season toward the curb, at 1-3, 0-2 in the NFC East, 0-3 in the conference after yesterday's wrenching, 23-20 loss to the Washington Redskins….

They lost because for the third time in four games, the opponent came out from the opening kickoff with a sharp, well-focused attack, and the Eagles came out like they'd been studying the wrong film all week.

(And yes, it still boggles the mind that after seeing pretty much this exact group labor painfully last season, the Eagles' answer to strengthening their o-line in the offseason was to not draft anybody and cut Evan Mathis.)”

And finally, this (my highlight): 

“Cousins' 31 completions in 46 attempts were a career high and the most completions ever by a Redskins quarterback against the Eagles, which is really no big deal, because the teams have only played 161 times.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20151005_Anger_reigns_as_Eagles__season_unravels.html

At this point...it's a bit humorous.  Kind of like when your car breaks down 3 times in a week.  Or you drop your phone into the toilet type of humorous.

I do think their defense is improved overall.  But, Kelly screwed up the offensive line so bad, it is beyond repair, and the reason they will be lucky to go 6-10.  It's ok not to draft an OL, but you can't cut two starters, not sign a decent free agent AND eschew the OL in the draft.  Especially because the OL was bad last year as well.  2.25 years has been enough for me, I'm ready to "sell" Kelly.

Congrats to skins fans especially those that got to be at the game.  Must have been fun to watch John Elway on The Drive!  :)  I was coaching a soccer game and got in the car just in time to listen to that 6+ minutes of pain. 

"On track for Hack"?  Even though he looks like crap this year, that's the only college QB I know.

At this point...it's a bit humorous.  Kind of like when your car breaks down 3 times in a week.  Or you drop your phone into the toilet type of humorous.

hilarious... i see exactly what you mean, we skins fans have been there. more so during Zorn's 2nd year ... 

I don't know how any Eagles fan in their right mind could say with any confidence that they think they will beat the jets at this point.  Chip was gonna look like a genius or a complete retard with all of the moves he made.  Right now at this point it looks like choice B until he proves otherwise.

And it still looks like choice B

I do think their defense is improved overall.  But, Kelly screwed up the offensive line so bad, it is beyond repair, and the reason they will be lucky to go 6-10.  It's ok not to draft an OL, but you can't cut two starters, not sign a decent free agent AND eschew the OL in the draft.  Especially because the OL was bad last year as well.  2.25 years has been enough for me, I'm ready to "sell" Kelly.

Congrats to skins fans especially those that got to be at the game.  Must have been fun to watch John Elway on The Drive!  :)  I was coaching a soccer game and got in the car just in time to listen to that 6+ minutes of pain. 

"On track for Hack"?  Even though he looks like crap this year, that's the only college QB I know.

I still stick with my thought that I doubt he quits after one bad season, and it looks like a bad season at this point.  He was 3-5 his first year though and everybody was saying he just wouldnt cut it in the NFL.  Like I said I'll wait.  The Veruca Salt/Social media generation want everything now though lol.

But, Kelly screwed up the offensive line so bad, it is beyond repair, and the reason they will be lucky to go 6-10. It's ok not to draft an OL, but you can't cut two starters, not sign a decent free agent AND eschew the OL in the draft. Especially because the OL was bad last year as well. 2.25 years has been enough for me, I'm ready to "sell" Kelly.

So do Eagles fans still see no resemblance to Spurrier?

Implode on, Iggleland.  B)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25330726/ex-nfl-coach-eagles-players-dont-like-the-way-chip-kelly-does-things?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

Ex-NFL coach: Eagles players don't like the way Chip Kelly does things

When the Eagles hired Chip Kelly in 2013, they knew exactly what they were getting: an innovative college coach with zero experience at the NFL level.

In just over two years with the Eagles, Kelly has brought to Philadelphia the madness that made him a successful coach at Oregon: He makes his players drink daily protein shakes, he has each player chart their sleeping habits and his practices move at a frenetic pace.

Kelly's ways worked when he was a college coach, but they might be wearing thin in the NFL. At least that what's former Ravens head coach Brian Billick thinks.

During a podcast interview with two former scouts this week, Billick said that he's talked to several Eagles players and those players revealed to him that they're not "real fond" of the way Kelly does things.

"This thing is a powder keg ready to blow up, because as you guys know, you talk to the players, I've done their games, even when they're 10-6 the last two years, the players aren't real fond of the way they do business and the way they practice," Billick said on the Move the Sticks podcast. "They feel like they're being treated like college players."

more at link

Like I said before, all that other stuff(making smoothies, monitoring sleep)is great when you're winning. When you're losing you just look like an idiot.

That stuff is the funniest part of all of this to me. Like every NFL team was feeding their players rocks for dinner before Chip showed up and revolutionized "sports science." 

They were healthy last year and we got 5 million BS articles all using "revolutionized" at least once. Now they're struggling with injuries and I guess the smoothies have lost their power. 

Nope, other than they were both college coaches.  7-9 and 5-11 don't really compare to two 10-6 seasons, but you may see a 5-11 season this year.  THEN I may start to see it.

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS/VIDS/LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT>

The difference is that Spurrier came in with little talent on the roster and immediately brought in "his" guys.  Chipper had a great talent pool on his roster and just went to his guys this year.  So, Kelly is starting this year where Spurrier was his first year, with the exception that Spurrier didn't throw away all the talent that Chipper did.  So, yeah, now we get to see Chipper in more of a true Spurrier situation, and I'm sure the results will prove to be very similar.

Yep the NFCE is still wide open lol.

It is. And as bad as the division is top to bottom, there's no team in it as bad as the Saints, Niners or Lions are right now.

It's going to be a rather entertaining race to the finish. Although, I could see the Cowboys fading away in the next couple of weeks.

Archived