Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

I have to believe Chip Kelly is already guaranteed to be with the Eagles next year. He did make the playoffs two years in a row. He also had enough good will with the owner to gain more GM power this year.

Also, because he's done such a wonderful job with the Eagles that I want him to be signed to a lifetime contract.

He did not make the playoffs last year.  We actually knocked them out of contention.  So, he made the playoffs his first year only.

Yeah I guess that was just a little over some heads lol.

Even if it goes south he doesn't get fired after this season.  That may be great for the homers here, or it may suck for Eagle fans, but it's week 2.  I'll wait.

as long as chip is picking the players, youre going to have a redskins-type situation on your hands- lots of bad players, cuz the guy picking them thinks that because he knows schemes. he knows personnel. we've been dealing with this for awhile here, so enjoy.we just cut one of shannys second round picks last night.

They lost to Arizona, who went 11-5, so even if the iggles beat us, they still would've missed the playoffs.

The Eagles were officially eliminated the day we beat them, because the cowboys beat the Colts that day.

Can't recall the numbers and records, but I think we (and DeSean Jackson) had a part in it.

Edit- here it is

http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Help-Wanted-Eagles-Playoff-Scenarios/af1a8d28-36b3-473c-a417-a35bb8fa1fe1

If the playoffs started today, the Eagles would not be in the postseason. But don't worry Eagles fans. There are still two weeks left in the regular season. If the Eagles handle their business, the odds are still in their favor that they will make the playoffs.

The Eagles are on the road in the final two weeks of the regular season as they play at Washington this Saturday before heading up the New Jersey Turnpike to face the Giants. With wins in the two final games, the Eagles will conclude the regular season with an 11-5 record - one more win than last season when they won the NFC East.

According to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there are only two teams since the NFL expanded to a 16-game schedule in 1978 that finished 11-5 and missed the playoffs - the 1985 Denver Broncos and the 2008 New England Patriots.

With that in mind, here's the help the Eagles will need to make the postseason if they defeat Washington and the Giants.

To Win The NFC East

The Cowboys currently have a one-game lead in the NFC East after Sunday night's victory. Dallas' two games remaining are home against Indianapolis and at Washington. If the Cowboys lose either game, the Eagles will win the NFC East based on division record - Philadelphia has just one loss vs. the NFC East while the Cowboys already have two.

If he loses to the Jets this week... Could get real ugly real quick.

Losing is one thing getting totally embarassed is something else. If they lose but play decent on offense the situation will be still somewhat under control. If they play like they did against Dallas again then watch out. That Jets defense is very very good as well, not what a struggling offense wants to see next up on its schedule.

As much fun as it is to watch the Eagles melt down happening there is always the possibility of course that they come out and smoke the Jets and get back on track. 

Losing is one thing getting totally embarassed is something else. If they lose but play decent on offense the situation will be still somewhat under control. If they play like they did against Dallas again then watch out. That Jets defense is very very good as well, not what a struggling offense wants to see next up on its schedule.

As much fun as it is to watch the Eagles melt down happening there is always the possibility of course that they come out and smoke the Jets and get back on track. 

I really can't see them moving the ball against the Jets defense.  For the Eagles to have any hope to win they will have to have a great day from their Special Teams and also the Jets would have to turn the ball over a lot.  I think that the Jets win big.   

I really can't see them moving the ball against the Jets defense.  For the Eagles to have any hope to win they will have to have a great day from their Special Teams and also the Jets would have to turn the ball over a lot.  I think that the Jets win big.   

I cant see them smoking the Jets thats for sure. I can see them looking like an actual NFL offense though - well potentially. I agree with you, if I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd take the Jets in a heartbeat. 

Still some fans on philly sports radio blaming the D coordinator.

You scored 3 total points in the first half of the last two games. Your qb looks like hot garbage. Your o line can't block for ****. Your 40 million dollar RB has rushed for 11 yards on the season......

Ya, blame Billy Davis.

Hilarious.

C'mon man...it's sports talk radio. Do you not remember the number of people defending RG3 when it was obvious he was the primary reason the O looked like crap?  What do fans know?

Oh....and Davis sucks too.  :)

I'm pushing my $6 in chips (pun intended) that I have left, into the middle on the Iggles this weekend!  What do they say?  Never bet on a loser "that is due"?  :)

I cant see them smoking the Jets thats for sure. I can see them looking like an actual NFL offense though - well potentially. I agree with you, if I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd take the Jets in a heartbeat. 

I don't know how any Eagles fan in their right mind could say with any confidence that they think they will beat the jets at this point.  Chip was gonna look like a genius or a complete retard with all of the moves he made.  Right now at this point it looks like choice B until he proves otherwise.

I agree here but hopefully the offense clicks and we are able to get a miracle today against the Jets, because that  defense is something else

I agree here but hopefully the offense clicks and we are able to get a miracle today against the Jets, because that  defense is something else

Your defense and special teams sparked that win. Evidence again why I dont bet by the way  :)

Your offense looked better - running game much more so when you went North/South. Still a lot of tackles for a loss when runs went East/West and the passing game was still inconsistent. Signs of life though ... just in time to spark into full beast mode when we play you no doubt.

Your defense and special teams sparked that win. Evidence again why I dont bet by the way  :)

Your offense looked better - running game much more so when you went North/South. Still a lot of tackles for a loss when runs went East/West and the passing game was still inconsistent. Signs of life though ... just in time to spark into full beast mode when we play you no doubt.

Yes so long as the run game is on,the defense and special teams do their job and bradford throws a few completions,we have a chance.

Now with the Redskins is a totally different thing. They should have won the game. it was like the Giants were giving the Skins time to come back when they(Giants) should have just closed up the game, and the Skins didnt take advantage of that. 

I'm still wavering on Bradford. Had some good moments and then had some terribad moments. Had two touchdowns dropped by RBs and he made a couple of very nice throws. On the other hand, his accuracy was off at times and he still looks unsettled to me.  This offense clearly isn't close to being where it should be, there's no excuse for a delay of game penalty with this offense, but it looks like the execution is coming along.

I'm still wavering on Bradford. Had some good moments and then had some terribad moments. Had two touchdowns dropped by RBs and he made a couple of very nice throws. On the other hand, his accuracy was off at times and he still looks unsettled to me.  This offense clearly isn't close to being where it should be, there's no excuse for a delay of game penalty with this offense, but it looks like the execution is coming along.

Tiny Darren was big on Sunday.

I think that this is Chip Kelly's biggest game in his NFL career.  Which generally doesn't bode well for the 'Skins.  But if he loses this game, at 1-3, the entire city might burn down.

Though they could get healthy against the Saints the next week, who are just putrid.  But then they've got the Giants and Panthers. The Giants are probably the best team in the division right now (They completely blew a game they should have won against Dallas, and they had a 10 point lead on the Falcons, a 3-0 team, in the 4th quarter.  They're not anywhere near as bad as people thought), and the Panthers are a pretty good team overall.  They lose this game, they're staring at 2-5 right in the face...

Hopefully the 'Skins can do what they couldn't do the week prior, which is put their foot on a division team's throat and force them into a terrible situation.  

Yep. Because ifvyheyvlosecthis game, it's season over, and the fans in Philly will turn on him, and he'll be done.

Trust me, for him, most important game.

He lost the Saints game and nothing really happened.

Good or bad I doubt he'll be fired after one subpar year.  People here keep comparing him to Spurrier for whatever reason which is pretty funny.  He pretty much sucked his entire tenure.  Not saying Kelly will be good/great at all, but it is amusing.  I will say giving him full control was a huge mistake though.  The HC should be just that, a HC, and let others worry about the other moving parts of the team.

Archived