Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

The Crossing Broad (Philly) blog had a post that republished the numbers from the ESPN Five Thirty Eight Blog that had the Eagles chances at winning the division at 40 pct, compared to the Giants' 42 percent chance. The Philly blog entry says "the Redskins SOMEHOW have a 17 percent chance of winning the division."  What the heck is that supposed to mean?  Skins fans are often accused of living in the 80s, but I think Eagles fans are still living in 2004........you guys are hardly God's gift to football.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/11/the-nfc-east-is-a-total-toss-up-between-the-eagles-and-giants-according-to-numbers-nerds.html

The Crossing Broad (Philly) blog had a post that republished the numbers from the ESPN Five Thirty Eight Blog that had the Eagles chances at winning the division at 40 pct, compared to the Giants' 42 percent chance. The Philly blog entry says "the Redskins SOMEHOW have a 17 percent chance of winning the division."  What the heck is that supposed to mean?  Skins fans are often accused of living in the 80s, but I think Eagles fans are still living in 2004........you guys are hardly God's gift to football.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/11/the-nfc-east-is-a-total-toss-up-between-the-eagles-and-giants-according-to-numbers-nerds.html

I think 2 weeks ago the Redskins chances were 1/2 that and the Eagles chances were >60% (a joke IMO).  Win by Skins and losses by rest of NFCE obviously brought things tighter.  Skins' issue is they can't win on the road.  Eagles issue is their OL sucks and Sanchez is back in the saddle.  Giants issue is their defense is atrocious.  And, the Cowboys are done.  Although, either the Skins or Cowboys are going to beat the Panthers in the next two weeks. 

Remaining opponents (with my expert picks):

Skins: Panthers(L), Giants(W), Cowboys(L), Bears(W), Bills(L), Eagles(L), Cowboys(W)..... (3-4)

Giants: Skins(L), Jets(W), Dolphins(W), Panthers(W), Vikings(L), Eagles(L)..... (3-3)

Eagles: Bucs(L), Lions(W), Patriots(L), Bills(W), Cardinals(L), Skins(W), Giants(W).....(4-3)

Boys: Dolphins(W), Panthers(W), Skins(W), Packers(L), Jets, Bills(W), Skins(L) (4-3)

I suppose one of the three could finish 9-7, but looking at those games, can't see how.  Seems to me it will be a tie with East record deciding it...which is fitting.  Doesn't matter...whoever wins the NFCE is going to probably lose a home game. 

They are delusional and half of them still think as soon as everything "gels" they're going to win out. Beating Matt Cassel = we're heading to the Super Bowl.

Nobody, media included, can accept that their preseason narrative about the Eagles being dominant was simply wrong. So it's the kicker's fault they're not undefeated, or whatever BS makes them feel better. (This conveniently ignores that if the kicker is deciding games for you, you probably aren't significantly better than these teams you're losing to). 

HA! got beat as bad as us. Iggles have the Mastermind wen have the ex-arena league coach.

I'd say they got beat worse.  Letting a rookie QB throw for 5 TDs?  Can kind of understand not being very good offensively, missing your starting QB and best RB, but the "D".... atrocious. 

If I'm Lurie, this season requires significant change at the end, and I'm not sure CK is going to be ok with the change that has to happen (real Player personnel guy).  Would not be surprised to see Kelly gone, given the way this went down.  And, to be honest, I truly think the ignoring of the OL is the "final straw" for why he will have been fired.  OK that McCoy/Maclin/Foles left, but then you better have a stalwart line, until new WR corps gets settled, and allow your RBs to have some running room. 

I'd say they got beat worse.  Letting a rookie QB throw for 5 TDs? 

I'd also add that they were playing at home against that rookie QB and TB isn't a juggernaut by any stretch of the imagination.  We were on the road playing one of only two teams that are undefeated in week 10 of the season, whose QB is in contention for league MVP to this point.  I would definitely say the Philly loss is much worse. 

Philly was a 7 pt favorite yesterday.

WIP has been very entertaining today. They are DONE with Chip in Philly.They are KILLING him today. 

Was talking about this with some redskin and eagle fans yesterday.  In Philly, if the Eagles came from behind to beat TB the way the skins did, the fans would have bashed the team for it being so close.  When they get crushed the way they did yesterday....blood in the water.

Report: Many Eagles players dislike Chip Kelly

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_many_eagles_players_dislike_chip_kelly/s1_127_19936951

On Monday’s edition of “First Take,” Stephen A. Smith claimed he has spoken to people who cover the NFL and heard the same thing several times — many of Kelly’s players don’t like him.

“Talk to any of these guys covering the league and they will tell you this type of stuff going on in Philadelphia — they haven’t seen this,” Smith said, according to SportsGrid. “I’m telling you, there’s a whole bunch of dudes in that locker room who do not like Chip Kelly.”

-----

And just to remind everyone,the Fecals are on the hook for $17 million dollars thanks to the Bradford move. 

Archived