Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

It is. And as bad as the division is top to bottom, there's no team in it as bad as the Saints, Niners or Lions are right now.

It's going to be a rather entertaining race to the finish. Although, I could see the Cowboys fading away in the next couple of weeks.

If we can go into the bye week at 4-3, I think we have a chance to make some noise.  The Patriots may be the toughest team (pretty much an automatic loss) we have to face in the final 8 weeks.  I'm not sold on the Bills (boy are they streaky) and Carolina hasn't really played anyone yet.  Call me crazy, but I could see us going 6-3 or better, if the defense can play like they did today, over the second half of the season.  I could see the Patriots as the only definite loss (but we have an entire week to prepare for them and maybe we can get DJax back and be fully healthy *fingers crossed*).  The rest are absolute toss ups or in our favor.    

Someone has to win, but as it looks now, it will be a short postseason. Eagles racked up stats yesterday, but until they can be consistent, and against some decent competition (saints are awful), it just delays the slide. Beats the alternative though.

Yeah the Saints suck, so I'm not putting to much stock in the win.  Next week vs NYG should be interesting.  I thought they would destroy the Niners.

Do we still think the D is holding back that scary chip kelly O?

The last two years it did.  This year, they are playing much better.  Run D is consistently good, and despite a poor first half performance against Atlanta, otherwise they've been good.  It's obvious Bradford is holding the O back.  All three of those picks last night were piss-poor. 

Kelly also makes some boneheaded decisions.  He knows Bradford is a C QB last night, yet he calls for him to make throws he doesn't need to.  Case in point:  The Eagles are ramming it down the Giants throat.  Giants DL is totally worn out and Demarco scores that 12 yd TD.  Giants go 3 and out, Eagles come back out on offense (near midfield!!!!!) and start pounding the ball on the ground again.  But wait...they didn't....CK calls for a bomb that actually looked like an uncovered line-drive punt.  Interception brings the Giants to their own 40.  CK fail there.  But otherwise, I think his O is doing the best it can with Bradford's obvious limitations.

Great to see the Eagles DL dominate though...seems like 15 years since I've seen them play defense like that.

Didn't the Eagles give the Rams a first rounder for Bradford?

Thats almost as bad as our draft picks trade with them to select Rg3, at least we didn't already know that Rg3 couldn't run an NFL offense.

No a second and that is nowhere near as bad as what the Skins gave up for RG3.  Try again lol.  I'll wait to see how the whole experiment turns out, but right now it isn't looking good.  If it doesn't they should transition tag him and move on though.

No a second and that is nowhere near as bad as what the Skins gave up for RG3. Try again lol. I'll wait to see how the whole experiment turns out, but right now it isn't looking good. If it doesn't they should transition tag him and move on though.

Well you could argue that it was as bad... Considering RG3 was a prospect that you expected to be good (and was, pre-injury). Risky, hell yes. Stupid, yeah probably still.

But Chip gave up an ok QB AND a 2nd for an injury prone QB who has spent years in the NFL and never amounted to anything special. That is DEFINITELY stupid.

Well you could argue that it was as bad... Considering RG3 was a prospect that you expected to be good (and was, pre-injury). Risky, hell yes. Stupid, yeah probably still.

But Chip gave up an ok QB AND a 2nd for an injury prone QB who has spent years in the NFL and never amounted to anything special. That is DEFINITELY stupid.

No argument from me about that trade and I've said as much in this thread.  I've hated watching him in a way I can't remember doing for any other Eagles QB in a long time. Part of that has to be the expectation, though, and what we gave up to get him, and the fact that our coach/gm/genius made that trade. I just don't think what he's doing is any worse than what we'd get with Sanchez. And that despite how frustrating it's been, there's still the possibility of an upside. Maybe even a miracle and he turns out to be everything Kelly said he could be. If not, we're in the same place at the end of this season that we will be in going to Sanchez: Looking for a new QB.

No argument from me about that trade and I've said as much in this thread.  I've hated watching him in a way I can't remember doing for any other Eagles QB in a long time. Part of that has to be the expectation, though, and what we gave up to get him, and the fact that our coach/gm/genius made that trade. I just don't think what he's doing is any worse than what we'd get with Sanchez. And that despite how frustrating it's been, there's still the possibility of an upside. Maybe even a miracle and he turns out to be everything Kelly said he could be. If not, we're in the same place at the end of this season that we will be in going to Sanchez: Looking for a new QB.

but without Foles, who was more than serviceable.  And without a 2nd round pick.

The WR corps was always going to be bad. All of us said as much over the offseason. Eagles fans plugged their ears and put their faith in Chip and I guess they had no choice.

The OL is even worse. I can't believe Chip could be so ****ing arrogant as to think a timing-based offense would run properly without fantastic blocking. Without Jason Peters, they're just another crappy NFC East team getting far too much media attention relative to their mediocre on-field product.

Without Jason Peters, they're just another crappy NFC East team getting far too much media attention relative to their mediocre on-field product.

I heard kevin sheehan today talk about how the Eagles are about to get on a roll and win a bunch of games, partly cuz of the schedule and partly cuz he sees them getting better.

I dunno. Their D is actually nice. But the O is still struggling and Peters going down doesn't help.

Looking at the Eagles schedule, Sheehan does have a bit of a point.  They have five home games left (Arizona is one of them; rest are teams currently .500 or below) and get to play at Detroit.  Their game at Dallas in two weeks looms pretty big.

Seems like you could have a battle to 8-8 in the NFC East, with every team including the Cowboys being in it. I hope the Skins are at least 7-7 heading into the final two games (@Philly and @Dallas).

Looking at the Eagles schedule, Sheehan does have a bit of a point.  They have five home games left (Arizona is one of them; rest are teams currently .500 or below) and get to play at Detroit.  Their game at Dallas in two weeks looms pretty big.

Seems like you could have a battle to 8-8 in the NFC East, with every team including the Cowboys being in it. I hope the Skins are at least 7-7 heading into the final two games (@Philly and @Dallas).

At this point nothing shocks me anymore about the NFC East.  I don't think the Eagles could make a deep playoff run anyway unless the offense decides to flip some switch and turn it around.  Which isn't likely to happen.

16. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4, LW: 12)

The Eagles would run outside. Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis would beat everyone to the perimeter and shut it down. The Eagles would run outside. Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis would beat everyone to the perimeter and shut it down. The Eagles would run outside. Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis ... you get the point. Chip Kelly did not.

:lol: 

Archived