Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hbo’S "true Detective" Series Matthew Mcconaughey And Woody Harrelson Track A Killer Over The Years.(Merged)

steveo21

I don't know how they're going to be able to wrap it all up next week. I honestly feel like there's so much to cover.

Same here. I have this uneasy feeling the finale will be disappointing because they try and tie up too many loose ends in too little time. I really feel like they should've edited the first 3 episodes down to 2, and something tells me I'm gonna wish they'd stretched the last 2 episodes out to 3.

Anyone think there is any significance to the fishing boat in the final scene. I mean, with this show, that had to signify something, right? To pan from the lawn mower guy to the boat trollying in ... had to mean something,

They did say something about family property (Childress? tuttle?) had a lot of coves that pirates used to use.

~Bang

They did say something about family property (Childress? tuttle?) had a lot of coves that pirates used to use.

~Bang

Interesting. All it reminded me of was the guy they interviewed (was it his daughter who had run off with some guy?) earlier in the season. He was on his shrimp boat or something ... didn't strike me as suspicious and didn't think much of it til they showed the trollying boat there at the end.

Anyone think there is any significance to the fishing boat in the final scene. I mean, with this show, that had to signify something, right? To pan from the lawn mower guy to the boat trollying in ... had to mean something,

I was thinking maybe scars dude lives on a boat and that's why it's been hard to pinpoint/locate him

Anyone else thinks the dude has green ears from mowing the grass all day?

Someone pointed out to me that the folks who mow grass often wear earmuffs and those earmuffs are often green

How did they miss him before? Were they unaware of the scarred man before they went to the school the first time when he was out there cutting the grass?

If I remember correctly he had a big scraggly beard covering up some of his face. That and the fact that Marty was honking the horn to get Cohle back to the car probably made them miss more than they usually would.

Yeah they had already visited the tent church.  He was the "Giant" from them.

I won the office pool, I had it as him.  I thought it was too ironic.

Chew,

I agree.  The Wire is my benchmark and this is owning the Wire.

This show is one of the best I've ever seen.  But lets not get carried away saying it blows away the Wire just yet :)  Maybe this particular story in the series, we have yet to see what season 2 and beyond provides us.  The Wire provided us with 5 seasons of awesomeness, 60 episodes.  

So Marty has delayed them solving the case twice.  The first is obviously when he kills Reggie Ledoux but he also pulled Rust away from interviewing the lawnmower man.  I checked and the season finale is listed as one hour, gonna be jam packed.

One hour?  All the episodes are 1 hour.  

I think it is very possible and now even likely that Maggie is involved. Everyone is pointing to her Dad, and he fits the rough profile, and I think he could also be involved and maybe Maggie is used as a Shepard type who goes and finds the women?  It would explain how her daughter saw a ritual, drew a picture of the spiral etc etc.....also in an earlier episode did you notice her dolls were arranged just like the ritual on the VHS tape?  A naked female doll laying down surrounded by male dolls.  They are definitely telling us that the daughter witnessed a ritual.

Also, what seemed like a throwaway line at the time, when Marty was telling her that he was helping out Cole again because of being convinced by what he had to present, Maggie asked Marty if he thought Cole had "done something bad" (or something along those lines) Marty said No, but Maggie quickly retorted that she did.  The fact that she threw that out there when there seemed to be no reason for her character to think that up to that point makes me think she was trying to plant a seed of doubt in Marty to maybe get him to drop the renewed interest in solving the case?

you know what would be totally rad??  What is this Sunday's episode ended with an enormous cliffhanger, somewhat like the Sopranos, and everybody is like "wtffffffff," but then after the credits roll, the screen lights up and says "next week, on TD."  HBO mind-****s us with a 9th episode!

Don't mind me, I'm sober. 

you know what would be totally rad??  What is this Sunday's episode ended with an enormous cliffhanger, somewhat like the Sopranos, and everybody is like "wtffffffff," but then after the credits roll, the screen lights up and says "next week, on TD."  HBO mind-****s us with a 9th episode!

HAHAHA what a swerve. They even have the extra time before Game of Thrones starts to do it!!

::in my Mama Fratelli voice when she loads a bag full of gold::

"thank you, HBO. thank you."

MOTHER OF GOD. even the wife was like "geez, she has perfect boobs" lololol.

and Lily Simmons, who regularly gets naked on Cinemax's "Banshee," apparently will drop trou on this show as well. she was the trailer park brothel friend.

dude wtf...i sound like a total perv. oh well. ;)

yeah... i just watched episode 2 with my wife.... and wow.  just wow!

I said to my wife, while watching episode2, "have you noticed that during the interrogations, WH spends a lot of time talking about how messed up MM is but MM rarely talks about WH?"

Seems like WH wants the detectives to worry about MM... as if he's trying to divert their attention from him.

i said very little during episode 2!   (trying not to incriminatemyself!)

I was thinking that EXACT same thing. I would not put it past these writers. 

Or the next season keeps on with this Marty/Rustin/Yellow  King universe with new players ..? 

A lot of people speculate that he is the green eared spaghetti monster that chased the girl through the woods. The green ears could be protective ear muffs that people wear when working with loud machinery. He also has facial scars.

He will be appearing the final two episodes

The last name of the sheriff who wrote that the missing Fontenot girl report was made in error and that she was probably with her dad was Childress. One of the guards who was watching the cat who told Rust about the Yellow King and then "killed himself" was named Childress

The third Spoiler link isn't really a spoiler is it??  people should read it. 

I was thinking that EXACT same thing. I would not put it past these writers. 

Or the next season keeps on with this Marty/Rustin/Yellow  King universe with new players ..? 

The third Spoiler link isn't really a spoiler is it??  people should read it. 

It was when I posted it... or maybe it wasn't. It was in the episode but most people didn't catch it. It's out now though.

Time is a flat circle.

Matthew McConaughey will not return after 'finite' first season

Oscar-winning Matthew McConaughey has confirmed that he will not be returning for a second season of True Detective.

McConaughey, who won Best Actor at Sunday's Academy Awards for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, is currently starring as Rustin Cohle in HBO's eight-part TV miniseries.

Asked backstage at the Oscars whether he will be continuing with True Detective, McConaughey said: "No, I won’t be back for season two. Season one was finite."

Matthew McConaughey will not return after 'finite' first season

Oscar-winning Matthew McConaughey has confirmed that he will not be returning for a second season of True Detective.

McConaughey, who won Best Actor at Sunday's Academy Awards for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, is currently starring as Rustin Cohle in HBO's eight-part TV miniseries.

Asked backstage at the Oscars whether he will be continuing with True Detective, McConaughey said: "No, I won’t be back for season two. Season one was finite."

I thought everyone understood this.  I guess not.

This is going to be a series with completely new actors and a completely new case every season.  Like someone mentioned before, it's awesome that this season is setting the bar so high with MM and WH (especially while we're in the middle of the McConassance) that A-list people will want to do next season.

The fact that it's only 8 episodes also means that it's less of a time commitment and they can get people that aren't usually doing TV shows.

Apparently it will be submitted as a mini-series to the Emmy's instead of a regular drama show, so MM is virtually guaranteed to win an Emmy in the same year he won an Oscar, as he won't be competing against Bryan Cranston.

I rewatched Episode 7 today and either they had Maggie wear that yellow shirt when she visited Rust at his bar on purpose as a red herring, or they put it on her as a clue.

I have a feeling that the writers knew ahead of time people would be trying to dissect everything in all the episodes, so maybe they decided to overload it with some clues but a lot of red herrings as well.

How come neither setective is actually talking about Corcosa. Rust had it written on the wall of storage shed, elderly woman mentioned in her trance. Everybody watching show has made connection. Does the novel have relevance in the reality of the show. I don't recall either actually discussing it

How come neither setective is actually talking about Corcosa. Rust had it written on the wall of storage shed, elderly woman mentioned in her trance. Everybody watching show has made connection. Does the novel have relevance in the reality of the show. I don't recall either actually discussing it

I believe they are going into "carcosa" next week. But my understanding is that the King in Yellow is similar to satan (so not a real person they will find). And Carcosa would be like "hell". Meaning carcosa can exist in many different places, including where they will end up next week. But Carcosa isn't one concrete place they can just find.

But I'm no expert, I only read one article on the history of the use of Yellow King and Carcosa and now I can't even find it  :huh:

Archived