Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hbo’S "true Detective" Series Matthew Mcconaughey And Woody Harrelson Track A Killer Over The Years.(Merged)

steveo21

Could have sworn Cohle asked the same question to the bartender last night when he was sitting there w/ Ginger while waiting for Ledoux's cooking partner. 

I am watching the episode right now On Demand and it certainly doesn't seem that way. The bartender doesnt look like pizzolato as far as I know, unless he shaved his head. I think you may have your scenes mixed up. It just some bald guy. He doesn't say anything before they go to the table to meet Reggie's brother.

One question I keep asking myself ... why do Marty and Rusty still seem to be so protective of each other 17 years later. Is it the fact they both are tied to the "shoot" out with Ledeux? Did something happen that bonded them that we don't know about, despite their fallignout that we don't know the details about? 

I think we can only assume at this point that they have to protect each other because they covered up the real story of the farm raid. Anything more will have to be revealed in upcoming episodes.

I am watching the episode right now On Demand and it certainly doesn't seem that way. The bartender doesnt look like pizzolato as far as I know, unless he shaved his head. I think you may have your scenes mixed up. It just some bald guy. He doesn't say anything before they go to the table to meet Reggie's brother.

yea...I think I got my episodes mixed up.  Pizzolato was the bartender at the strip club when Marty was there. 

I'm liking the idea of Marty & Rust still working the case, or if this goes existential-which the story of Carcosa is-then I could see Cohle drifting off into that other dimension for 10 years. I hope it doesn't go that way but it could.

I've sort of given up on predicting where this show will go, time to just buckle up and enjoy the ride. If I had to guess though, Marty's daughter, father in law, the governor, his pastor brother, the angry sherriff & the tent church people all tie into.....something.

Oh, almost forgot: to Bang, that Tom Jackson looking detective is Micheal Potts, he played a small but very interesting character called Brother Mouzone on The Wire. His character hasn't shown much yet, but I would not be surprised to see something awesome that Potts brings out in that charachter in the last 3 episodes. They guy is a stage actor, hasn't been on TV in ten years, something in this role must have got him excited.

I wonder if that groundskeeper that Rust talked to once will have a role to play going forward.

A lot of people speculate that he is the green eared spaghetti monster that chased the girl through the woods. The green ears could be protective ear muffs that people wear when working with loud machinery. He also has facial scars.

He will be appearing the final two episodes

The last name of the sheriff who wrote that the missing Fontenot girl report was made in error and that she was probably with her dad was Childress. One of the guards who was watching the cat who told Rust about the Yellow King and then "killed himself" was named Childress

cool theory on Reddit is that Rusty is actually, during the present day interview/now interrogation, undercover and is just trying to learn more about the case. His drinking, the wild talk, all a show. 

The key is the whisky flask ... when Rusty went deep UC to get inside the biker gang he opened up that chest and inside was the flask. All the items in that chest serve as a trigger if you will to get him prepped for UC work and now its out in present day 2012.  Doesn't really answer a lot but it's a cool observation. 

But, I think he's still on the case with out any help from Marty, because if remember Marty made some comment  to the detectives like,  "you think you are questioning him, he's figuring you out." 

This site has some good questions and insight on last episode ... 

- In another video HBO put out last night, Pizzolatto points out something that previously didn’t occur to me in regards to Cohle requesting beer during his interrogation: drinking during his questioning makes everything he says inadmissible in court.

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/true-detective-discussion/#ixzz2tnPSY6Ha 
Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook

cool theory on Reddit is that Rusty is actually, during the present day interview/now interrogation, undercover and is just trying to learn more about the case. His drinking, the wild talk, all a show. 

The key is the whisky flask ... when Rusty went deep UC to get inside the biker gang he opened up that chest and inside was the flask. All the items in that chest serve as a trigger if you will to get him prepped for UC work and now its out in present day 2012.  Doesn't really answer a lot but it's a cool observation. 

But, I think he's still on the case with out any help from Marty, because if remember Marty made some comment  to the detectives like,  "you think you are questioning him, he's figuring you out." 

This site has some good questions and insight on last episode ... 

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/true-detective-discussion/#ixzz2tnPSY6Ha 

Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook

This is what I've been thinking, especially since Woody's character also said that Rusty doesn't drink anymore and since Rusty doesn't want them looking in his storage bin and pictures show him among the onlookers at the crime scene, plus he really wanted a look at what the detectives had on the case so far. Woody even said Rusty was reading them the whole time to find out what they know. He's definitely still on the case IMO, plus they do throw out that Katrina damaged everything, so that and no resources due to department likely not wanting to open case back up (stats and/or cover-up) is probably why it's taken Rusty so long to find Yellow King.

If Woody is still involved or not I don't know. Fight could've been real but they still have each others' backs in a sense because they faked a crime scene and report and lied to everyone about what went down.

Good catch on the flask being a trigger. I think also that maybe there is some covering up going on with the commission formed hence Rusty is under cover and away from police. 

Good catch on the flask being a trigger. I think also that maybe there is some covering up going on with the commission formed hence Rusty is under cover and away from police. 

Hell yeah, I would've never caught that.  Wow. 

Might explain his rough appearence as well, with the raggedy beard and messed up hair.  No more clean shaven "pretty Matthew." 

Oh wow,, had no idea that was Brother Mouzone. nice pull. that character was interesting, i wish they'd have pursued him a bit more.

~BAng

And the new department head for the police department this episode was the main business partner of The Greek.

The women are fine in this show. Need some sfw gifs in here

The rest of the show is amazing too

yeah that girl tonight, holy cow!

Great episode. McCounaghey interrogating the mother who killed her kids was incredibly well-acted. Him telling her to kill herself, wow.

Sucks there's only 2 episodes left but I'm looking forward to how this all concludes.

One of the interesting things I took away from tonights episode was the fact that Billy Tuttle was wearing a yellow tie with a yellow handkerchief in his pocket. The room also had a yellowish hue. Unless they are pulling the wool over our eyes its pretty obvious he's high up in the Carcosa organization if he isn't the Yellow King himself.

Another thing I picked up in the preview for episode 7 was pretty telling. Remember how in the episode the retired alcoholic tent preacher said he quit because he found naked pictures of children hidden in a book? Well in the preview it's pretty obvious that Rust has gathered a lot of evidence on his own over the years and Rust brings Cohle to his home or warehouse and shows him something that makes Marty go crazy and get this wild look in his eyes and says something like "No! I won't believe it!". My theory is that Cohle uncovered further evidence by breaking into Tuttle's home (also shown in the preview although not stated explicitly which home they are in) and uncovers pictures or other evidence that shows Marty's daughter Aubrey was sexually exploited. 

It certainly could explain his daughter's dark turn in personality and her acting out sexually. I can't wait to see the conclusion to this series.

My theory is that Cohle uncovered further evidence by breaking into Tuttle's home (also shown in the preview although not stated explicitly which home they are in) and uncovers pictures or other evidence that shows Marty's daughter Aubrey was sexually exploited.

this has been doing the rounds on various forums too. I would go a step further and say that the younger daughter is the one who was exploited.

I like the yellow theory as well with regards to Tuttle.

Also, Rust never fixed the tail light on the truck from the fight. He still feels bad about what he did.

Archived