Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hbo’S "true Detective" Series Matthew Mcconaughey And Woody Harrelson Track A Killer Over The Years.(Merged)

steveo21

I had been trying to convince a friend of mine who does not watch tv beyond sports and news to check this series out. He caught up on the first 3 episodes over the weekend and enjoyed it but wasn't sure he was on board for the season. 

After last night's episode he sent me a text that simply read, "Wow!! Thank you!!"   :)

This show is amazeballs.

Does anyone know why Rust went into the bar last night. He looked like a total rube/cop. Didn't seem to make any sense.

Really?   :)

J/K- The 2nd interrogation of the prison inmate (forget his name but Dora's ex-husband) led them to a biker gang called the Iron Crusaders that LeDoux (their suspect) had been cooking meth for. Rusty had some dealings with that gang earlier in his undercover career so he decided to go back undercover to find someone who could lead them to LeDoux. The leader of that gang said he'd start doing business with Rusty again IF he helped them with a stash house raid that very night.

Edit- And yes, I also thought both Rusty and Marty looked horribly out-of-place. I guess the short notice and the delicacy of their standing in the case prevented a lot of preparation.

I've been reading a lot about this different theories and while this article doesnt definitively disprove some of them, it offers a lot of insight into the future direction of the show http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/x-best-crackpot-theories-true-detective-theyre-probably-wrong/

Also included is a behind the scenes making of season 1 video that I had not previously seen that answers A LOT of questions I had

Really?   :)

J/K- The 2nd interrogation of the prison inmate (forget his name but Dora's ex-husband) led them to a biker gang called the Iron Crusaders that LeDoux (their suspect) had been cooking meth for. Rusty had some dealings with that gang earlier in his undercover career so he decided to go back undercover to find someone who could lead them to LeDoux. The leader of that gang said he'd start doing business with Rusty again IF he helped them with a stash house raid that very night.

Edit- And yes, I also thought both Rusty and Marty looked horribly out-of-place. I guess the short notice and the delicacy of their standing in the case prevented a lot of preparation.

Shoot, I meant Marty. Sorry for making you sum up episode in one paragraph ;)

I just look at them like Woody and McConaghy- Forgot names. But thanks Bang, Seems pretty silly to walk into a hornets nest like that to check on partner. Especially with the line 'hes drinking again'. Further, he's wearing colors, so if he does find him what the hell is the gang gonna think. Just didn't seem to make a whole lotta sense there.

Man between this and GOT around the corner, HBO is earning my dollar. Credit where its do.

Very quick thinking. Honestly when I saw Marty get out of the car I was like "Oh boy, he's going to **** it up. They're going to find out he's a cop and he's going to blow Cohle's cover."

This is exactly what I thought. I mean damn, with the baseball hat and all. And what if he did happen to bump into Cohle... oh hey, your drinking again?!?!? 'Screw you pal I'm a Iron Crusader who was hiding out in Mexico for last 2 years'. Than what, just looked like disaster brewing, but that happen later. WOW, what a finish.

Very quick thinking. Honestly when I saw Marty get out of the car I was like "Oh boy, he's going to **** it up. They're going to find out he's a cop and he's going to blow Cohle's cover."

What impressed me was his knowing where Cohle was and position himself to get there in 90 seconds to pick him up. He was fortunate to get a glimpse of Cohle on the boat and a general sense of direction east. I still don't know how he knew where Kohle was going to be.

What impressed me was his knowing where Cohle was and position himself to get there in 90 seconds to pick him up. He was fortunate to get a glimpse of Cohle on the boat and a general sense of direction east. I still don't know how he knew where Kohle was going to be.

I re-watched the episode last night and before going into the bar Cohle tells him to keep the phone charged and on incase he calls him. Then there is another line about "something something Beaumont". I'm not sure if he explicitly tells him to go there or to listen to the radio chatter there or what, but there was definitely a line about it. Then Woody confirms that Cohle is leaving the bar and he heads out and goes towards Beaumont.

I didn't love this past episode when I first watched it based on the fact that I thought they were speeding off towards LeDouix at the end of episode 3. Based on this I was pretty let down when they weren't going after LeDouix this week(and it appears they might not see him next week either) but after rewatching the episode I appreciated it a lot more. It was pretty awesome and obviously the last 8 or so minutes stole the show.

he told him something like if i'm not back in X time, listen to the police band.

I figure it meant he figured there would be something like the robbery they went on, and Marty could hear about it through there and get a general direction... or he was going to cause some sort of disturbance to bring the cops coming.

I thought Cohle did call him as he was exiting the house.

I don't know for sure, and i think that is as good as it gets,, the scene of the robbery was brilliantly shot, very chaotic and confusing and dangerous feeling.

REALLY diggin' this show.

~Bang

he told him something like if i'm not back in X time, listen to the police band.

I figure it meant he figured there would be something like the robbery they went on, and Marty could hear about it through there and get a general direction... or he was going to cause some sort of disturbance to bring the cops coming.

I thought Cohle did call him as he was exiting the house.

I don't know for sure, and i think that is as good as it gets,, the scene of the robbery was brilliantly shot, very chaotic and confusing and dangerous feeling.

REALLY diggin' this show.

~Bang

Yeah Cohle did call him and give him an exact address. If he told him to listen to the police chatter in Beaumont, then gave him an exact address from the house ,knowing that he was already near Beaumont, it would explain how he got there so fast.

As usual, CAN'T wait for Sunday night.

Yeah Cohle did call him and give him an exact address. If he told him to listen to the police chatter in Beaumont, then gave him an exact address from the house ,knowing that he was already near Beaumont, it would explain how he got there so fast.

As usual, CAN'T wait for Sunday night.

Thanks all...

Getting ready to watch it again in a couple of hours

Do you remember he called Marty after **** went crazy and he said "be at the corner of beaumont and XXX in 90 seconds. 90 seconds!!!!!!" He had told marty to wait in a specific area in case something went down. Marty was on point though he really did come through. 

Has this show changed anyone else's opinion of McConaughey entirely? I had never thought of him as a particularly good actor but man this is one of the best characters in television history IMO.

Has this show changed anyone else's opinion of McConaughey entirely? I had never thought of him as a particularly good actor but man this is one of the best characters in television history IMO.

He's an amazing actor that's been on a crazy run the past few years. Between Mud, Killer Joe, Dallas Buyer's Club and now True Detective you can see how good he is.

Just a warning, Killer Joe is NC-17 for basically one scene, which is one of the crazier things I've seen in a while.

He's an amazing actor that's been on a crazy run the past few years. Between Mud, Killer Joe, Dallas Buyer's Club and now True Detective you can see how good he is.

Just a warning, Killer Joe is NC-17 for basically one scene, which is one of the crazier things I've seen in a while.

I thought he was excellent in Magic Mike as well

Yeah McConaughey is definitely a great actor now. Crazy because for a while his acting/roles were a running joke and really his role on Dazed and Confused was his 1 good thing, and also A Time to Kill he was good in. Maybe it was him not taking acting seriously and just doing roles to get cash, maybe it was him not being given good roles, or some combination. But looking at IMDB, there's a long stint of chick flicks and bad movies from '96 to '06.

Then he did We Are Marshall and was good, Lincoln Lawyer he was really good, and since then he's only been taking on good roles/projects and delivering in each of them. Kudos to him, because his turnaround has been incredible, going from a joke to a great actor and Oscar nominee who could win (though it's going to be very difficult to win over Ejofor).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000190/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I don't know how Emmy's work for each category-based on single episode or full season-but if it's based on one episode, that last one should win for pretty much everything. From acting, directing, writing, cinematography, music, editing you name it. That scene was so intense, I didn't realize it was one shot, because you where so sucked in. Felt like a mission in grand Theft Auto, I almost forgot to breathe.

That scene is something that truly needs to be experienced once by everyone. Even watching it again is still tense even though I know what happens, but nothing compares to the build up starting with the drive to the projects & watching that scene the first time through not knowing where it will end up.

The Director & writer just got a green light to do whatever the heck they want for the next 5 years. This is their Queen's Boulevard & Aquaman, but they better be careful because their Medellin will come & humble them soon. For now film & tv people are going to be tripping over themselves throwing offers at these guys.

Archived