Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Knee Brace..... Deception Or Reality?: Lies Either Way.

MWAI

I've sprained/broken/slightly fractured both of my ankles like 10 times. My ankles have no pain in them and feel at 100% right now, but any time I go play basketball, soccer, or whatever with my friends I put ankle braces on both ankles.

After injuring a certain part of your body, you just like to know that you have extra support than needed to minimize the risk of further injury. It's really that simple.

Rough, play tennis or something? I think I'd give up sports if I ripped one joint so much. I sprained my knee years ago and 7 months later it still hurt a tiny bit to go up stairs, let alone run full speed on. Probably took at least a year before I felt fully comfortable twisting the knee with any speed.

Maybe people who have never had these injuries don't understand that a large amount of the recovery is mental. You literally become afraid of popping ligaments again, so you're afraid of making certain cuts or running full speed. The brace helps alleviate some of that fear, gets you more comfortable getting back to the function you used to have. His knee could be 100% healthy, but if he doesn't mentally trust it then he won't use it to its full extent. That brace, if anything, may improve his performance simply because he won't be as worried about his knee failing again.

Rough, play tennis or something? I think I'd give up sports if I ripped one joint so much. I sprained my knee years ago and 7 months later it still hurt a tiny bit to go up stairs, let alone run full speed on. Probably took at least a year before I felt fully comfortable twisting the knee with any speed.

Maybe people who have never had these injuries don't understand that a large amount of the recovery is mental. You literally become afraid of popping ligaments again, so you're afraid of making certain cuts or running full speed. The brace helps alleviate some of that fear, gets you more comfortable getting back to the function you used to have. His knee could be 100% healthy, but if he doesn't mentally trust it then he won't use it to its full extent. That brace, if anything, may improve his performance simply because he won't be as worried about his knee failing again.

No, just basketball mainly and a little soccer on the side. I'm über competitive, though, so I go all out. My ankles have been sprained more than anything else. One was broken and another slightly fractured on different occasions. After the last injury I decided never to do anything athletic without them and, fortunately, I've had no issues since then.

But, yeah, a lot of it is mental. Having those braces on make me feel like I can cut as fast as I want and not worry about harming them. I totally go all out and feel as fast as I always feel, and completely forget I'm wearing them once we get into the game. It's really that simple. Without the braces, I'm actually thinking about my ankles while I do anything even remotely athletic during the day.

That's absolutely not why we drafted him. We drafted him because we needed a guy who was good at throwing the football. Which he is. And he was the best passer available to us. He just happens to be extremely fast.

The dual threat is nice. It clearly gives the offense a boost. But if RG3 had Tom Brady's speed, he would still be a promising player.

HUGE diff between 4.3 and 4.5 speed in terms of explosive ability to run for TDs at will.

At some point during the "all in for Week 1" phase, I heard Shanahan mention that whenever RGIII was cleared to play, he was gonna wear a brace all year. That closed the book on it for me. I honestly don't understand the beef; if he's been medically cleared to play, then let's Win some ballgames!

[side observation: How's about we accept our mutual self interest in this? As long as the players on the field play & are successful, we fans are happy. Of course I want RGIII to be healthy - so when he says he's good to go, cool. Now Win us some ballgames. That's our part in this, period. I know some will take issue with this, but football (especially at the Pro level) is an inherently violent game. 'Healthy' is a subjective term in this context. None of us are prepared to accept that our insatiable appetite for football plays a role in players going to extremes to be out there competing....but obviously no one knows what I'm talkin' about. Let's keep this simple & just cheer the games. Shall we?]

That clown is obviously representing Robert and the guy with the strings is Shanahan. It just goes to prove that Shanny is a manipulative liar who only has his own interests in mind. Look at the clown (Robert). He is sad. Obviously that means Robert is sick of being manipulated by this monster. Also, the strings prove that Robert isn't 100% as he can't even move his limbs properly without a large amount of assistance. This is a disaster. Where's my klonopin?

That clown is obviously representing Robert and the guy with the strings is Shanahan. It just goes to prove that Shanny is a manipulative liar who only has his own interests in mind. Look at the clown (Robert). He is sad. 

First Sunday. B)

Are we having fun yet?   :D

Of course it matters.  4.3 speed means he can take it to the house in a pinch, like the Vikings game.

I still don't think you're completely following his point. He is saying that if Robert can't run a 4.3 right now it doesn't necessarily mean he can't be just as effective. He is such a good passer that if he just stayed in the pocket ala Brady, Manning, etc he would still be able to pick teams apart with his arm and brain.

Sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen. Seriously, who gives a **** if Shanny is lying. If he's lying, he is lying so that Philthy has a harder time preparing for us. The brace could be nothing more than peace of mind for RG3. Who cares? All I care about is that RG3 stays healthy and wins us some games (whether that be through the air or on the ground). 

Archived