Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Knee Brace..... Deception Or Reality?: Lies Either Way.

MWAI

This thread is based on the false assumption that being "100%" and wearing a knee brace are mutually exclusive.

so if you wear a brace then you are 100 percent? ha ha ho ho hee hee hee. That's a good one. So how come EVERYBODY in the NFL doesn't just wear a brace? You have deluded yourself.  You probably think to yourself "Oh..let me see...RG3 just wants to wear one. It makes him feel good. Its just the Fun thing to do."  ha ha hee hee ho ho.

so if you wear a brace then you are 100 percent? ha ha ho ho hee hee hee. That's a good one. So how come EVERYBODY in the NFL doesn't just wear a brace? You have deluded yourself.  You probably think to yourself "Oh..let me see...RG3 just wants to wear one. It makes him feel good. Its just the Fun thing to do."  ha ha hee hee ho ho.

There are NUMEROUS players that wear braces well after injuries. 

There are NUMEROUS players that wear braces well after injuries. 

I don't know if you read the original thread topic but it is not about whether or not injured players wear braces. It is about WHY he is wearing the brace. Players that are 100 percent do not wear braces and RG3 keeps saying that he is 100 percent. It ain't a big deal like some people are making this topic out to be, but too many of you are deluding yourself into believing that he is 100 percent and he is just wearing a brace to be safe.

There is no SAFE if you are hit by a 300 pound lineman. That little plastic brace will not protect him. He is wearing that brace to support his NON 100 percent healed knee. That is what this topic is about. I hope he runs for 100 yards Monday but I doubt it because he is limited. Ya know how I know? Because he has a restrictive brace on. He can move but he cannot move as well as he could if he were 100 percent like he says he is.

The Chris Canty facemask comment wasn't just satire, it was relevant satire. Why does Canty get a specialized facemask? To protect him from getting a detached retina again. Is his retina 100%? Yes. Why does he need a specialized facemask if his retina isn't detached? Because it helps prevent future detached retinae. You could say the same thing about knee pads or any protective equipment.

Why does every player wear a helmet to prevent concussions if his head is 100% right now? Oh, because helmets greatly reduce the chances of getting concussed. That makes sense. That brace may not help him against Ngata barreling directly into his knee, just like a helmet won't do much for you against a celebratory headbutt into a wall, but the brace prevents many of the minor twists and strains from cutting or even getting tackled awkwardly.

He obviously feels like the brace is necessary. Who are we to question. Like others have said, he wore the brace after his initial knee injury in college for the whole year and did just fine.   Last year he looked uncomfortable wearing the brace because it happened at the end of the year. He's been wearing the brace now the entire offseason/training camp. He said it himself, he's gotten comfortable wearing it

Whe are you guys killing the OP!?  Perhaps his idea was a bit misguided but not completely crazy. 

I think the special brace built for RG3 is simply for support an extra protection.  Lets not look too much into it.

For the same reason that your post is is unnecessary:  When you're new, you read.  You don't make threads, you don't post many responses, you read.  You get the feel for the community.

Making dumbass threads like this, which there seems to be an epidemic of right now, shows ignorance towards the community, is completely superfluous, and makes one look like an idiot.  ESPECIALLY when that OP has cried about other threads.  Concerning this topic.

I don't know if you read the original thread topic but it is not about whether or not injured players wear braces. It is about WHY he is wearing the brace. Players that are 100 percent do not wear braces and RG3 keeps saying that he is 100 percent. It ain't a big deal like some people are making this topic out to be, but too many of you are deluding yourself into believing that he is 100 percent and he is just wearing a brace to be safe.

There is no SAFE if you are hit by a 300 pound lineman. That little plastic brace will not protect him. He is wearing that brace to support his NON 100 percent healed knee. That is what this topic is about. I hope he runs for 100 yards Monday but I doubt it because he is limited. Ya know how I know? Because he has a restrictive brace on. He can move but he cannot move as well as he could if he were 100 percent like he says he is.

Do you even read what you write?  You wrote in the first and second sentences that the knee brace won't help against 300-pound lineman, and that seems to be your concern.  Your third sentence says that he's wearing this brace, which YOU have said doesn't do anything, because he's injured, and that implies that it DOES protect him.

To be honest, I don't even know why I opened the thread, but you really need to stop with this crap.

A couple things...

First of all, the brace might be for HIS benefit. Part of returning from injuries is trusting your body again. If it makes Griffin think less about his knee when he's playing at 100 MPH, then it's serving a valuable purpose. Secondly, I really doubt the Eagles are not preparing for Griffin to run the ball. Any defensive coordinator who dismisses that aspect of the game plan is being negligent.

In short, the brace won't play into the outcome of these games in 2013 unless it falls off and trips a pursuing defender.

Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez, Andrew Luck... just to name a few QBs who wear knee braces, two of which never suffered an injury to their knees. Are these guys not 100% since they wear braces?

The Chris Canty facemask comment wasn't just satire, it was relevant satire. Why does Canty get a specialized facemask? To protect him from getting a detached retina again. Is his retina 100%? Yes. Why does he need a specialized facemask if his retina isn't detached? Because it helps prevent future detached retinae. You could say the same thing about knee pads or any protective equipment.

Yep, that's pretty much my thinking here too.

Take Canty. A detached retina is a bad thing. However, if you have that same injury again the chances of rebounding from it would be lessened. So you take measures to help protect it from happening again IF you're going to keep putting yourself in situations where it could happen.

RG3's had two ACL surgeries. The chances of him rebounding as well if he has a THIRD one are a lot lower. So you take measures, like a knee brace, to help protect it from happening again. If that's "not healthy enough" then he'll never be healthy enough. You can't change the fact he's had two ACL surgeries. That's not going away with rehab or time or rest. He's always going to have that, so do you just stop playing him at all? Or do you take measures to make it less likely, even if those measures are only mildly effective?

Pretty much every player in the nfl gets their ankles taped before a game.  They must not be 100%. 

Excellent point. Also "100%" can have many different meanings. A quick talk with a PT lead to a few good points. He could be 100% healed, no swelling or soreness. The knee could have 100% range of motion. He could have regained 100% of his pre-injury strength. However, the operation does not make his ligaments stronger than what the good Lord designed. How well the knee can withstand significant blows or hold up to the freakish things Robert can do with his legs is currently an unknown.  

I can't believe I'm actually wasting a couple of brain cells on this thread but what the hell, it's still a few hours til kickoff.

Robert has been training and practicing with the brace for a couple months.  Now is not the time to make a significant change such as removing the brace.  He's used to it, leave it alone.

So is there some kind of explanation as to why the NFL was demanding RGIII cover his brace up?  Is it not a league-approved brand or something?

During the Houston game later, JJ Watt had an elbow brace on and it wasn't covered up in any shape or form.

What's the difference?

There is none.

Something tells me the league is scrutinizing Griff on any and all uniform related rules much more closely because of his repeated "offenses" of wearing adidas gear while being photographed.

So is there some kind of explanation as to why the NFL was demanding RGIII cover his brace up?  Is it not a league-approved brand or something?

During the Houston game later, JJ Watt had an elbow brace on and it wasn't covered up in any shape or form.

What's the difference?

I was wondering the same thing. And why was nothing said last year when RG3 wore a brace?

Archived