Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Knee Brace..... Deception Or Reality?: Lies Either Way.

MWAI

So is there some kind of explanation as to why the NFL was demanding RGIII cover his brace up?  Is it not a league-approved brand or something?

During the Houston game later, JJ Watt had an elbow brace on and it wasn't covered up in any shape or form.

What's the difference?

LL said on Twitter that the Iggles were complaining about it being a "safety hazard" According to the rule, if a team feels that way about equipment then it has to be covered up.

Blame philly

at any rate, my original contention that he is not healthy and 100 percent was completely evident by this game. It really doesn't pay to lie. I knew he was lying so either Shanahan was an idiot and could not figure out it out or I am smarter than both Shanahans.

Since Shanahan is not a dummy, that means he risked the franchise player......just like I already knew and that is what this thread was originally intended to point out.

at any rate, my original contention that he is not healthy and 100 percent was completely evident by this game. It really doesn't pay to lie. I knew he was lying so either Shanahan was an idiot and could not figure out it out or I am smarter than both Shanahans.

Since Shanahan is not a dummy, that means he risked the franchise player......just like I already knew and that is what this thread was originally intended to point out.

I 100% agree. There is nothing RG3 did in that game that KC couldn't have done better. RG3 shouldn't be playing until he can play like RG3.

Should have waited until after the by.

Didn't look to me like anybody was lying. He looked fine and healthy he was just rusty and didn't have his timing down. Did you watch the second half? 

You were wrong initially, proven wrong during the game and are still wrong. 

I 100% agree. There is nothing RG3 did in that game that KC couldn't have done better. RG3 shouldn't be playing until he can play like RG3.

Should have waited until after the by.

How can he get better if he doesn't play? If he doesn't play until after the bye, odds are his first half then might have looked a lot like it did in Philly anyway. Because he was rusty from having not played a real game snap with any team members outside of a couple weeks of practice. 

He doesn't look hurt or injured. 

Didn't look to me like anybody was lying. He looked fine and healthy he was just rusty and didn't have his timing down. Did you watch the second half? 

You were wrong initially, proven wrong during the game and are still wrong. 

How can he get better if he doesn't play? If he doesn't play until after the bye, odds are his first half then might have looked a lot like it did in Philly anyway. Because he was rusty from having not played a real game snap with any team members outside of a couple weeks of practice. 

He doesn't look hurt or injured. 

He did not practice in any OTA's or mini camps. He didn't even participate in 11 on 11s until halfway though TC.

He played zero snaps in preseason. Very small total amount of reps overall. Another 5 weeks of practice IMO would have given him more time to let the knee further heal, given him more confidence in the knee and made him more effective in his first game. It was obvious he could not push off that right leg causing his passes to be inaccurate. Whether it was his knee still bothering him a bit or his confidence in it, either way he would have benefitted in another 5 weeks of reps. I am sorry his ego could not afford that plan. I am almost sure that is what Shanny would have preferred but RG3 had to keep pushing the issue throughout the off season in his press conferences. Shanahan had no choice but to give the misbehaving child the candy bar in the grocery store.

Note to RG3: Be careful what you wish for.

The knee isn't a light switch. 

It's not 100% healthy or 100% 'sick'. 

Recovery protocol for ACL is to wear a brace. Having been through knee surgeries myself, it's a gradual long road. At some point you're able to move, run, cut, etc. But it is still vulnerable to shocks, pain. Can't put too much on it. 

After a couple of years, you begin to forget you even had surgery. Until then you're fine most of the time and suddenly, a movement here or there that you've done a hundred times can cause pain and inflammation.

Stuff moves around in the knee as well. Scar tissue, fragments and such break off as the body heals. They can get stuck in pockets in the knee. 

All to say, the brace is a support. Not like a crutch but more like a guard that helps keep the knee aligned. Anything to reduce the likelihood that some movement or freak impact causes damage.

It's standard. And a good idea.

Does it limit mobility? For sure. RG3 isn't going to be able move as freely. But he'll get used to it toward the end of the season.

Rather have a slightly slower RG3 this season than no RG3 for the next 5 seasons, right?

Another 5 weeks of practice IMO would have given him more time to let the knee further heal, given him more confidence in the knee and made him more effective in his first game. It was obvious he could not push off that right leg causing his passes to be inaccurate. Whether it was his knee still bothering him a bit or his confidence in it, either way he would have benefitted in another 5 weeks of reps. 

You have no way of knowing if it would have helped or not though. He doesn't have opposing players in practice sending him looks he's never seen before and trying to kill him. He doesn't get touched in practice. He get's rushed but it isn't the same thing as being in the spotlight in front of millions against a division rival and preparing for those first few hits as well as jitters. 

Odds are just as good an extra five weeks of practice wouldn't have changed the way he started his first game. You can only do so much in practice. Perhaps the rest of the team would have played better after several games under their belts but then again, that isn't really RG3's fault the rest of the team played like garbage too. I guess they all could have used 5 more weeks of practice.

I am sorry his ego could not afford that plan. I am almost sure that is what Shanny would have preferred but RG3 had to keep pushing the issue throughout the off season in his press conferences. Shanahan had no choice but to give the misbehaving child the candy bar in the grocery store.

And here is where you show your true feelings and lose any ounce of credibility and objectivity regarding the matter. 

It's not just physical though.  RGIII looked more decisive last season with the bulkier brace he was wearing to finish the season. That thing was heavier and more restrictive then what he is wearing now, yet he wasn't timid at all the way he is right now.

The brace he is wearing might be slowing his speed a little, but we've seen instances this season of him scrambling and easily out-running defenders. It's the times where he just let instincts take over and didn't have time to think and worry about his knee.

I still think it's the mental part that is holding him back right now and the part that will take getting hit and getting reps, to cure.

It's not just physical though.  RGIII looked more decisive last season with the bulkier brace he was wearing to finish the season. That thing was heavier and more restrictive then what he is wearing now, yet he wasn't timid at all the way he is right now.

The brace he is wearing might be slowing his speed a little, but we've seen instances this season of him scrambling and easily out-running defenders. It's the times where he just let instincts take over and didn't have time to think and worry about his knee.

I still think it's the mental part that is holding him back right now and the part that will take getting hit and getting reps, to cure.

I see your point in that the guy had his leg (with the bulky brace), basically collapse on him on a non-contact play against Seattle.  While he was hurt against Ngata, the knee seemed to be getting better (or at least his ability to play with the MCL sprain), until he tweaked it early in the Seattle game, or I wonder if he tore the ACL at that point, and just gutted it out until his knee just couldn't hurt him up anymore.

Well, I have no idea but it occurred to me that somebody is lying or being deceptive to somebody either way. Either he doesn't really need a brace because he is 100 percent, or he is not 100 percent and he needs that brace to help stabilize his knee during runs. Somebody is not telling it the way it is.

This is an obvious fact that has been staring everybody in the media in the face and I have not heard anybody quiz Robert or the Shanahan's on it. Just food for thought here for Redskins fans.

Why do Redskins(football fans) fans feel as if the organization they support needs to divulge information to them or the media? 

Have you ever thought, maybe they don't feel like telling you "the way it is"?

Archived