Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLVIII Thread (Post Mortem )

Mr. Sinister

The 1985 bears defense wasn't playing against the highest scoring offense in history like Seattle was today. Bears had a weak opponent, Punching Bag Patriots. What Seattle's Defense did tonight was that incredible. 

I thought about that after I posted it.

You do have a point. They chewed up and spit out statistically the greatest offense in history...

No miracle catches.... No clutch int's/fumbles.... Just a straight up Education. Ass Whooping 101, from start to finish. 

I think that still belongs to the '85 Bears, but Seattle has definitely earne their place among defensive elites in the history of the game imo.

I don't like be one of those guys that gives the most recent team. That said, given offensively biased the rules are these days, I have to give to the Seahawks. 

I don't like be one of those guys that gives the most recent team. That said, given offensively biased the rules are these days, I have to give to the Seahawks.

Did the 85 bears play one of the best offenses in NFL history in the Super Bowl and shut them completely down? That's what Seattle just did. The 85 bears were a better defense overall, and I think the 2000 Ravens team was too, but its hard to top what the Seahawks defense just did in the Super Bowl.

did i lie

They didn't ask him to do much of anything. The defense carried that game from start to finish.

I have nothing against Russell Wilson and if they needed him to do more, maybe he could have but let's not act like this was some QB duel where it was a couple mediocre defenses and it came down to which QB could make the big plays. If you swapped QBs in this game then it would have been even more one-sided.

Again, Wilson played fine but they didn't need much out of him at all. You can't compare the QBs because they were in entirely different situations, so much so that it was almost a different sport.

now the media and some of the ignorant old school fans will leave qbs like Kaep, Cam, and RG3 alone and let them get better

wilson just did them a great service

Youre reaching. Wilson is good...hes slippery like Romo sits to pee, but he didn't change anything. #duelthreat isn't anything new

Everybody here wants Robert to become great...who cares what Wilson does

Archived