Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLVIII Thread (Post Mortem )

Mr. Sinister

sherman is NOT a bad guy... neither is lynch or russell wilson.... brady, peyton, and brees are just as a firey and competitive but the media spins it in a positive light to make them look good and classy

Did you get banned from the Seahawks message board or something? All you do is rave about Seatle this or that. I really did not like either team here. Shanney's old team or the team who's fans put ketchup on 21's jersey as a joke. I give props to the Seatle Defense who stepped up and manhandled the Broncos, all you got is Wilson is better than sliced bread? Good enough to win, so was Rypien, do you even know who he is?

They didn't ask him to do much of anything. The defense carried that game from start to finish.

I have nothing against Russell Wilson and if they needed him to do more, maybe he could have but let's not act like this was some QB duel where it was a couple mediocre defenses and it came down to which QB could make the big plays. If you swapped QBs in this game then it would have been even more one-sided.

Again, Wilson played fine but they didn't need much out of him at all. You can't compare the QBs because they were in entirely different situations, so much so that it was almost a different sport.

His argument that apples are superior to oranges is baseless.

You can't really compare the two, pocket passer vs mobile QB

The mental error killed the broncos at the beginning.  Otherwise, this game may have turned out differently.  (maybe not)

Yeah, I don't begrudge Russell Wilson of anything, seems like a great guy, grats on the ring.

His team was up 29-0 and the game was over and he had 108 yards and 0 TDs at that point. He won by watching his defense dominate and not turning it over when he had to trot out on the field and take some snaps.

They didn't ask him to do much of anything. The defense carried that game from start to finish.

I have nothing against Russell Wilson and if they needed him to do more, maybe he could have but let's not act like this was some QB duel where it was a couple mediocre defenses and it came down to which QB could make the big plays. If you swapped QBs in this game then it would have been even more one-sided.

Again, Wilson played fine but they didn't need much out of him at all. You can't compare the QBs because they were in entirely different situations, so much so that it was almost a different sport.

wilson has the stats... if peyton is so great he would have owned the seahawks d

Kapernick did better againist the seahawks, than Payme did

Did you get banned from the Seahawks message board or something? All you do is rave about Seatle this or that. I really did not like either team here. Shanney's old team or the team who's fans put ketchup on 21's jersey as a joke. I give props to the Seatle Defense who stepped up and manhandled the Broncos, all you got is Wilson is better than sliced bread? Good enough to win, so was Rypien, do you even know who he is?

im a fan of the skins

Man I am so jealous of the Seahawks; they are so good from top to bottom. I think the Redskins would've done much better against them than the Broncos though.

lol Im so glad we weren't playing them tonight....at least in our current state

Well that was the worst Super Bowl I've ever seen.

In recent history, yes. Nobody wants to see a blow out like that. But if the Skins had just done that, bliss...lol. Packers have done it more than any, but you know the flip side of that, what have you done lately...lol

wilson has the stats... if peyton is so great he would have owned the seahawks d

Kapernick did better againist the seahawks, than Payme did

And I'll say this again, he was playing basically 1 vs. 11. You do realize this is a team game right? I'm starting to wonder....

Like I keep saying, congrats to Seattle, that was an amazing defensive performance and Denver looked outclassed in that regard.

Just don't get hyped up over the win and make silly comments like that and pretend this game was Russell Wilson vs. Peyton Manning 1v1.

And I'll say this again, he was playing basically 1 vs. 11. You do realize this is a team game right? I'm starting to wonder....

Like I keep saying, congrats to Seattle, that was an amazing defensive performance and Denver looked outclassed in that regard.

Just don't get hyped up over the win and make silly comments like that and pretend this game was Russell Wilson vs. Peyton Manning 1v1.

computer controls the other guys

I don't like be one of those guys that gives the most recent team. That said, given offensively biased the rules are these days, I have to give to the Seahawks. 

Well, hell, if they allow you to take the rules back to 1985, is it really that much of an achievement?

This secondary (I won't speak on the front seven) wouldn't be nearly as good if the refs called the game the way they would if the Skins or almost any other team was playing.

You even saw it tonight, though they at least called it a couple times but missed the TACKLING of Thomas in the end zone (he at least scored.)  It's what the Seahawks do, so pardon me, I won't give them any credit other than they won the SB.

Speaking of overrated, how hilarious is it that Wilson doesn't get MVP and it's not because Lynch went wild (he was lame most of the game) or because a wideout was just flatout dominating...but to a defensive player.  The reality is, Wilson won a SB because the rest of his team has basically carried him to the title.

And to think our Redskins were whooping on these bamas in the 2012 playoffs before the Shanahan's destroyed Rob's knee.

Pissed

Pretty much.

It seems the great QB-led AFC teams have faced their worst possible matchups recently.  If you're NE, you win against anyone BUT the Giants and if you're Broncos, you probably can beat almost anyone, even on their best day because you can score.

Here's the one issue I have:  No defense plays like this anymore consistently.  And it puts me back in mind of what Seattle did against us last year, and against EVERY team they play.  If they're allowed to commit illegal contact, holding and PI all the way through a pass play, they're playing 1970s era rules and if teams are going to compete, they need to know they can do the same thing and that calls will be predictable.  Is any other team allowed to play that way on defense?  And if we suddenly adopted it, does anyone think they'd let it pass?

I feel like our pure pass coverage was better with Taylor, Clark, Springs, Walt Harris and Rogers without the need for violating the spirit and letter of the rules.

I gotta get out of this thread.

Dude can't give Russell credit for nada.

Jealousy is ugly.

Russell didnt make any plays to get the 15-0 lead

Russell Wilson is OK but if you really looked at that game and came away with "Oh wow, Russell Wilson" then I don't know what to say.  I'm not impressed and i wasn't impressed in the playoffs last year (until he played the Falcons, THAT was a truly great performance by Russell.)  Why can't we just say that Wilson is a good QB but is carried BEYOND what other quarterbacks can expect in help game in and game out?   

I mean if Atlanta fielded the Seahawks defense AND special teams, do you think Ryan would be hoisting a trophy right now (and I don't even think Ryan is that good.)  

I'm also angry that poor officiating basically robbed the Niners of the NFC Title game but all we're going to remember now is some lame ass team with piece of **** fans blowing out the "all-time" NFL offense.   I don't like San Fran but I felt like i could respect them if they won the SB.

The bad news is Seattle will probably be around for the next few years. The good news is with a healthy Griffin that runs smart we have what it takes to beat them. When they hold and mug our receivers, griffin just has to take off running like kaepernick did and you can beat their defense.

I gotta get out of this thread.

Dude can't give Russell credit for nada.

Jealousy is ugly.

Russell didnt make any plays to get the 15-0 lead

Russell Wilson played perfectly fine, didn't make many mistakes, didn't turn it over, perfectly fine game.

I'm simply saying that at the point when it was 100% over and the Seahawks were up 29-0 that the Defense and Special teams had scored 16 of those points by themselves and held the Broncos to 0. Also at that point Russell Wilson had 108 yards with no TDs.

Did he have some nice throws and some nice scrambles, get a few good tricky 3rd down conversions? Sure did, looked nice doing it. Did what they asked him to do.

That game was all Seahawks' Defense though, they dominated the entire thing.

Russell Wilson is on the cusp of being a great QB.

They have no top WR talent. Those guys are undrafted players and late round picks, and yet you wont give him credit.

Seattle's defense has to be among the best ever. You arent supposed to be that dominant against a dominant offense in today's NFL, and they did it easily.

Also at that point Russell Wilson had 108 yards with no TDs.

Did he have some nice throws and some nice scrambles, get a few good tricky 3rd down conversions? Sure did, looked nice doing it. Did what they asked him to do.

only when people refuse to look at a situation objectively will you find posts that dismiss 3rd down conversions.

only when people refuse to look at a situation objectively will you find posts that dismiss 3rd down conversions.

Yeah, I actually pointed out his 3rd down conversions just before you replied.

People seem to take what I'm saying as a slight against Russell Wilson and as I keep saying, it's not intended that way at all. It's just that the game was so dominated by the Seattle defense that it dwarfed what anyone else did.

I even said earlier that I thought Wilson could have done more if they needed it but they didn't because of how dominate the defense was, so he went out and did what was needed of him like a good QB.

I hate to say this. This is all my fault. If you would've asked me who I didn't want to win it all in college football, I would've said Florida State. If you would've asked me who i wanted to do good in the nfl this year. ....Redskins. ...if you would've asked me who I didn't want to win the superbowl I would've said cowboys/Seahawks. ...bet your money on Ottawa or Boston winning it all in nhl....what a terrible sports year

Archived