Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News: George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

I_Bleed_B&G

It's my personal opinion that GZ is a goader using words and probably sometimes referring to or pointing at his gun. Then he can claim "innocence" and that he was attacked first and had to defend himself. It's my personal feeling that that is what happened with TM. And how do we know that they both weren't standing up when GZ fired? Did he have blood all over his jacket if TM was on top of him when GZ shot him?

Still too many questions for me in that case.

Those questions were all answered during the trial.

How do you know they weren't standing? Because multiple witnesses testified that they weren't. And are you aware that forensics can tell whether they are standing or not?

Like it or not, but Zimmerman's story checked out with the MA who testified.

Those questions were all answered during the trial.

How do you know they weren't standing? Because multiple witnesses testified that they weren't. And you are aware that forensics can tell whether they are standing or not?

Like it or not, but Zimmerman's story checked out with the MA who testified.

This is accurate, about this minor point.  

However, nothing at the trial could possibly have demonstrated that the dispute originally happened because "Martin wanted to teach Z a lesson."   You have come to that conclusion because you identify with Zimmerman more than Martin, as you have made clear in all of your posts for months and months.   

I recommend that you google and read about social group identification, and how it can affect the way that we view ambiguous events like this one.   If we identify with one of the people in a situation, we tend to assume ambiguities and motivations in their favor and against the other person who is not in one of our social groups.  

We are all susceptible to it.  Black people generally believe that Martin was innocent and Zimmerman started the conflict because he mistrusted Martin due to his race, because they have experienced or know or read about black people like them who have experienced similar events.  Gun owners generally believe that Zimmerman was innocent and Martin started it because they have  read about gun owners who have defended themselves but have been accused of wrongdoing anyway.    And so on.  

It's really interesting, but it is hard to see it in ourselves - but really, really easy to see it on other people.  :)

This is accurate, about this minor point.

However, nothing at the trial could possibly have demonstrated that the dispute originally happened because "Martin wanted to teach Z a lesson." You have come to that conclusion because you identify with Zimmerman more than Martin, as you have made clear in all of your posts for months and months.

I recommend that you google and read about social group identification, and how it can affect the way that we view ambiguous events like this one. If we identify with one of the people in a situation, we tend to assume ambiguities and motivations in their favor and against the other person who is not in one of our social groups.

We are all susceptible to it. Black people generally believe that Martin was innocent and Zimmerman started the conflict because he mistrusted Martin due to his race, because they have experienced or know or read about black people like them who have experienced similar events. Gun owners generally believe that Zimmerman was innocent and Martin started it because they have read about gun owners who have defended themselves but have been accused of wrongdoing anyway. And so on.

It's really interesting, but it is hard to see it in ourselves - but really, really easy to see it on other people. :)

Observing that your concluding statement could be regarded as an example of your point. :)

Some social group identifiers believe based on the laws as written in Florida, he was not guilty.

Put the same scenario in Maryland, for example, and he would have been behind bars.

That's why you can't rule by social group identification.  Unfortunately most people in this thread and others are stuck as SGI's.

Some social group identifiers believe based on the laws as written in Florida, he was not guilty.

Put the same scenario in Maryland, for example, and he would have been behind bars.

That's why you can't rule by social group identification.  Unfortunately most people in this thread and others are stuck as SGI's.

are you saying they are grumpy cause lynching is against the law?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/26/george-zimmermans-estranged-wife-reveals-doubts-about-his-innocence/

George Zimmerman’s estranged wife reveals doubts about his innocence

The estranged wife of George Zimmerman said she’s developed doubts about her husband’s involvement in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Shellie Zimmerman told the Today Show on Thursday that her husband had changed since his acquittal in July on second-degree murder charges.

“He just kind of treated me like I was disposable,” Shellie Zimmerman told host Matt Lauer.

“He went on a victory tour without me.”

She said she never saw a gun during the incident, although she said she felt threatened when her husband gestured toward a holster on his hip and repeatedly told her to “step closer.”Shellie Zimmerman appeared on the NBC program with her attorney and discussed the trial, her divorce and a Sept. 9 domestic dispute.

“I saw him in a stance and a look in his eyes that I’ve never seen before,” Shellie Zimmerman said.

Shellie Zimmerman said she did not press charges because she said police told her she and her husband would each go to jail but she would likely stay there after pleading guilty to perjury related to George Zimmerman’s murder case.

I don't believe her. Well, I should say I don't believe her NOW. I think she either knows his story wasn't accurate or that she doubted it the whole time. NOW she has doubts? Whatever.

Nobody knows for sure what happened. Nobody could prove was wasn't defending himself. Just like if he died, nobody could have proven that he didn't make the 1st attack and was getting his ass kicked before going for the gun. Its over.

He does have a knack for staying in the spotlight though.

Nobody knows for sure what happened. Nobody could prove was wasn't defending himself. Just like if he died, nobody could have proven that he didn't make the 1st attack and was getting his ass kicked before going for the gun. Its over.

Yep.  We just don't know exactly what happened, and we can't ever know for sure, but we all sure as hell think we know.  

That is why it is such an interesting Rorschach test for our society.  You can pretty much predict in advance what someone is going to think about the guilt or innocence of George Zimmerman without even asking them.  Just examine the person's background, ethnicity, political orientation, etc., and make a prediction.   You will be right 90+ percent of the time.   

• 1 month later...

Guess who is in the headlines again.  

Seminole deputies arrest George Zimmerman

He was arrested 1 p.m. today. (Nov 18, 2013)

George Zimmerman was arrested today and was headed for the Seminole County Jail, according to Sheriff Don Eslinger.

It's not clear what happened or what crime he's accused of committing, but just before 1:30 p.m., Eslinger confirmed that Zimmerman had been arrested and was being driven to the county jail in Sanford.

He said more information would be available shortly.

WESH-Channel 2 reported that Zimmerman was accused of domestic violence by a girlfriend.

The Sheriff's Office, in a short news release, reported that the agency had arrested Zimmerman after being called to a disturbance on Topfield Court in western Seminole County near Apopka about 1 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-20131118,0,1837318.story

update 

George Zimmerman was arrested on domestic violence charges Monday after pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, breaking a table and pushing her out of her Seminole County home, deputies said.

Zimmerman is being held without bail at the Seminole County Jail, charged with aggravated assault with a weapon — a felony — domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.

Deputies received a call from 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe around 12:30 p.m. Monday and when they responded to the home three minutes later, Zimmerman was there and was not armed.

Zimmerman was arrested and booked, said Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

Lemma said Scheibe told deputies that Zimmerman pointed a shotgun at her Scheibe. He also broke a table, pushed her out of the home and barricaded the door with furniture.

Zimmerman offered no resistance when he was taken into custody, Lemma said. Scheibe did not suffer any injuries, he said.

"She was concerned for her safety, certainly from having the weapon pointed at her," Lemma said.

If it turns out that his girlfriend made it all up then the only conclusion is that Zimmerman has angered the universe and the universe is determined to see him jailed wrongly.  

Please let this guy go, I seriously couldn't care less about him anymore. He was acquitted whether it was right or wrong, and nothing will ever change that.

I think it continues to be interesting to examine how people's attitudes toward the Trayvon Martin trial were influenced by their assumptions about the relative "goodness" of Martin and Zimmerman and which "side" of the dispute they identified with.  Because none of us could be absolutely sure what actually happened that night, the case was a societal rorschact test.  

I think it will be interesting to see if those assumptions hold true as more insight into Zimmerman's character come out.   I don't think it is useful to completely put a case like this behind us too easily - or we will end up with the exact same swirling, resentful controversy and fingerpointing that we had last time. 

I think it continues to be interesting to examine how people's attitudes toward the Trayvon Martin trial were influenced by their assumptions about the relative "goodness" of Martin and Zimmerman and which "side" of the dispute they identified with.  Because none of us could be absolutely sure what actually happened that night, the case was a societal rorschact test.  

I think it will be interesting to see if those assumptions hold true as more insight into Zimmerman's character come out.   I don't think it is useful to completely put a case like this behind us too easily - or we will end up with the exact same swirling, resentful controversy and fingerpointing that we had last time. 

well the last two accusations were found to not be supported by the evidence, despite assumptions......it is interesting

if ya want his side of this

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-20131118,0,1837318.story

he calls 911 

Archived