Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News: George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

I_Bleed_B&G

I must have. 

When you said the twisted agendas are my imagination, I took that to mean you didnt think MSNBC and a few very vocal folks here, had an agenda that they were pushing.

No, I meant that it is a big story that everyone is interested in, and that having a different viewpoint than yours isn't a "twisted agenda."  A lot of people genuinely believe that real justice was not reached in the Zimmerman/Martin trial, in the same way that a lot of people believe that justice was not done in the Simpson/Nichole trial.  Others disagree.

No matter what you think, what Zimmerman does now and for next year or so is naturally a big story for everyone.   Not because of their agendas (and yes MSNBC has an agenda), but because of the history that we have just gone through.  That is why the "Zimmerman saves people from crashed truck" story got our interest a couple of months ago, and that is why "Zimmerman threatened his wife's dad" got our interest two days ago.  

I didn't see you complaining about the "twisted agendas" of the media when they reported on that first story, or the posters in this thread to used it to advance their own agenda.  Now does it make sense?  

No, I meant that it is a big story that everyone is interested in, and that having a different viewpoint than yours isn't a "twisted agenda." A lot of people genuinely believe that real justice was not reached in the Zimmerman/Martin trial, in the same way that a lot of people believe that justice was not done in the Simpson/Nichole trial. Others disagree.

No matter what you think, what Zimmerman does now and for next year or so is naturally a big story for everyone. Not because of their agendas (and yes MSNBC has an agenda), but because of the history that we have just gone through. That is why the "Zimmerman saves people from crashed truck" story got our interest a couple of months ago, and that is why "Zimmerman threatened his wife's dad" got our interest two days ago.

I didn't see you complaining about the "twisted agendas" of the media when they reported on that first story, or the posters in this thread to used it to advance their own agenda. Now does it make sense?

Comparing the Zimmerman trial to the OJ one is ridiculous to me. Pretty much everyone in America thought OJ was guilty. Probably half (if that) felt Zimmerman would/should walk.

Anyone that actually watched the trial (and few did), werent surprised he walked. The prosecution couldn't prove their case. While its pretty well known that a racist cop is largely responsible for OJ getting off.

Comparing the Zimmerman trial to the OJ one is ridiculous to me. Pretty much everyone in America thought OJ was guilty. Probably half (if that) felt Zimmerman would/should walk.

Anyone that actually watched the trial (and few did), werent surprised he walked. The prosecution couldn't prove their case. While its pretty well known that a racist cop is largely responsible for OJ getting off.

You are correct that it wasn't surprising Zimmerman walked.   The case was very hard to prove, primarily due to the fact that the only other witness was too dead to testify.  But there is nothing ridiculous about thinking that Zimmerman got away with one here.   

My point is that Zimmerman is big news, and he is going to be big news for a while - no matter what agenda you might have, if any.

I don't know.  I think almost everyone that watched thought that Zimmerman killed Martin.  The question was whether it was self-defense.  Court said it was.  Public Opinion is still mixed.  With OJ, he was declared not guilty of murder by a court and public opinion was mixed.  Seems an apt comparison.

I don't know. I think almost everyone that watched thought that Zimmerman killed Martin. The question was whether it was self-defense. Court said it was. Public Opinion is still mixed. With OJ, he was declared not guilty of murder by a court and public opinion was mixed. Seems an apt comparison.

Dude, hardly anyone watched the Z trial. At least not in the Zimmerman thread. That was QUITE apparent, to say the least. And I work for a very large company and interact with many people every day. NO ONE I know watched ANY of the trial. And sorry, following Nancy Grace doesn't count.

And if you honestly feel that the reaction to the OJ verdict was mixed, then there's no use even continuing this conversation. Everyone knew he did it. C'mon.

So, what you are saying is that everyone believed that oj killed Nicole and everyone believes that Zimmerman killed Martin, however, different communities responded differently to the verdict (remember there were many black communities that celebrated OJ's verdict just as many gun rights advocates celebrated Zimmerman's) but that they are in no way similar.

Dude, hardly anyone watched the Z trial. At least not in the Zimmerman thread. That was QUITE apparent, to say the least. And I work for a very large company and interact with many people every day. NO ONE I know watched ANY of the trial. And sorry, following Nancy Grace doesn't count.

And if you honestly feel that the reaction to the OJ verdict was mixed, then there's no use even continuing this conversation. Everyone knew he did it. C'mon.

Even if everyone "knew" he did it, it couldn't be proven.  And then when your lead investigator perjures himself, there's your reasonable doubt #2.  Epic fail, just like the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial, imo.

Even if everyone "knew" he did it, it couldn't be proven. And then when your lead investigator perjures himself, there's your reasonable doubt #2. Epic fail, just like the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial, imo.

The prosecutors in the Z trial didn't necessarily do a bad job. This was simply a case where a guy was overcharged. Going for a murder charge was assinine. You can't blame them for that.

So, what you are saying is that everyone believed that oj killed Nicole and everyone believes that Zimmerman killed Martin, however, different communities responded differently to the verdict (remember there were many black communities that celebrated OJ's verdict just as many gun rights advocates celebrated Zimmerman's) but that they are in no way similar.

I know a great number of people in the black community celebrated OJ getting off, but, trust me, they knew he did it. They just wouldn't come out and say it. You would have to be a complete idiot to think he was innocent.

I know a great number of people in the black community celebrated OJ getting off, but, trust me, they knew he did it. They just wouldn't come out and say it. You would have to be a complete idiot to think he was innocent.

And the same is true for Zimmerman.  A lot of white folks managed to convince themselves that "Trayvon Martin got what he deserved for being a feral thug just like all those people."  They may not say it to your face, but they certainly say it all over the Yahoo message boards.  You would have to be a complete idiot to think that Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

See how this works?   Tribalism is not a one way street.

And the same is true for Zimmerman. A lot of white folks managed to convince themselves that "Trayvon Martin got what he deserved for being a feral thug just like all those people." They may not say it to your face, but they certainly say it all over the Yahoo message boards. You would have to be a complete idiot to think that Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

See how this works? Tribalism is not a one way street.

Who said Zimmerman did nothing wrong? Not me. And I don't think "Martin got what he deserved" either. Zimmerman clearly should have stayed in his car. But he didn't. And he wasn't doing anything illegal. I believe Martin wanted to teach Z a lesson. He picked the wrong guy. A terrible tragedy all the way around.

I was in college during the OJ thing. Remember the verdict being read on TV while walking through the student union. Lots of kids waiting. Lots of cheering, lots of booing. I would think those booing didn't believe he did it and not that they thought he did but still wanted him free. That would be an amazing occurrence. 

I was in college during the OJ thing. Remember the verdict being read on TV while walking through the student union. Lots of kids waiting. Lots of cheering, lots of booing. I would think those cheering didn't believe he did it and not that they thought he did but still wanted him free. That would be an amazing occurrence. 

I'm of the mindset with this guy that, where there's smoke, there's fire.

My sister in law is habitually having run-ins with the law. on MD case search, there's 2 pages of results for her. Most of them are not prosecuted, for a variety of reasons, but she's a dirty slag who deserves to have far more convictions than she has.

The more Zimmerman has involvement with the law, the dirtier he's getting. Whether or not he's convicted of anything doesn't matter to me.

Who said Zimmerman did nothing wrong? Not me. And I don't think "Martin got what he deserved" either. Zimmerman clearly should have stayed in his car. But he didn't. And he wasn't doing anything illegal. I believe Martin wanted to teach Z a lesson. He picked the wrong guy. A terrible tragedy all the way around.

You soooo didn't come off like that during the trial discussions.  My apologies if you felt that way all along.  I just didn't 'feel it'. ;)

Like I said.  Tribalism.

Word.

I wouldn't want to have a chance run in with the man. I think even the most ardent Z "supporters" wouldn't either.

The guy is trouble. It's not just chance that all of this has happened to him. If you think he's just some guy with a streak of bad luck than I'd have to agree that you are mighty naive.

It's my personal opinion that GZ is a goader using words and probably sometimes referring to or pointing at his gun.  Then he can claim "innocence" and that he was attacked first and had to defend himself.  It's my personal feeling that that is what happened with TM.  And how do we know that they both weren't standing up when GZ fired?  Did he have blood all over his jacket if TM was on top of him when GZ shot him?

Still too many questions for me in that case. 

Archived