Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News: George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

I_Bleed_B&G

Amazing...I had to do a double take after seeing the headline on ES and ABC News.

This actually says a lot about Zimmerman the human; he could've easily ran away with the fear that someone would recognize him then proceed to whoop his ass.

Zimmerman is misunderstood. Guy seems to be a decent human being.

Zimmerman is just a lightning rod for

frustrations that have nothing to do with him.

I actually agree with this. Dude became an icon for racial profiling, largely because of deceptive editing by cable news, and a sensationalized presentation. Bonfire of the Vanities comes to mind. He probably should've been tried and convicted for reckless endangerment for failing to identify himelf as neighborhood watch to potentially diffuse the situation, but that would've caused too much outrage and backlash.

Notices the people on here who are praising Zimmerman all have white sillouette profile pics. They must have donated to his legal team.

What I notice is you must have fallen for the media's original story, that Zimmerman was a white guy that killed an innocent little kid for no reason.

Notices the people on here who are praising Zimmerman all have white sillouette profile pics. They must have donated to his legal team.

What I notice is you must have fallen for the media's original story, that Zimmerman was a white guy that killed an innocent little kid for no reason.

Really?

what i have noticed is:

-- in this thread, most people are just having fun (you, not at all).

-- in the Zim case over all, most people are debating theoreticals, with holes in the data for a complete picture.  (you, have the exact picture.  congratulations)

-- in the Zim case overall, most posters here are also arguing shades of grey on a messy messy case with lots of factors that bring in ambiguity even if the FACTS were clear, which they are not.  (You... not so much.  it is a night and day, good guy versus bad guy, drama straight out of a dime store novel.)

i have to compliment you on your absolute lack of ambiguity.

Are the profiles white with black backgrounds or black with white backgrounds.  I did a mathematical analysis of the profile pictures and they are 52.31% black and 47.69% white, so the posters that you noticed are in fact more black than white, so does this change your feelings now? ^_^

Are the profiles white with black backgrounds or black with white backgrounds.  I did a mathematical analysis of the profile pictures and they are 52.31% black and 47.69% white, so the posters that you noticed are in fact more black than white, so does this change your feelings now? ^_^

Ive noticed that the people with black silohouettes and white backgrounds get banned at a rate almost 3 times as much as those with white silohouettes and black backgrounds.

Really?

what i have noticed is:

-- in this thread, most people are just having fun (you, not at all).

-- in the Zim case over all, most people are debating theoreticals, with holes in the data for a complete picture. (you, have the exact picture. congratulations)

-- in the Zim case overall, most posters here are also arguing shades of grey on a messy messy case with lots of factors that bring in ambiguity even if the FACTS were clear, which they are not. (You... not so much. it is a night and day, good guy versus bad guy, drama straight out of a dime store novel.)

i have to compliment you on your absolute lack of ambiguity.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, based off my last post. But, whatever.

Well, hello and good-bye dupe acct troll  :)

I am getting slower with age....

FTA:  Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of Dana and Mark
Gerstle and their two children, who were trapped inside a blue Ford
Explorer
SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in
Sanford

News Flash:  Alan Mulally, Ford Motor Company CEO, is organizing a mass protest of George Zimmerman this weekend, accusing him of profiling Ford vehicles and following them for no reason other than they are Fords.  More at 11.

• 1 month later...

More zimmerfun.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/09/20406563-police-investigate-incident-between-george-zimmerman-wife?lite

Florida police are investigating a dispute between George Zimmerman and his wife Shellie, who called cops and said he had his hand on his gun, an official said.

Lake Mary Police public information officer Zach Hudson said police were at the home, investigating a "possible domestic battery." George Zimmerman was being detained but had not been arrested, Hudson said.

Police received a call at 2:10 p.m. from Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week — little more than a month after he was acquitted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

She said her husband of five years was in an argument with her and her father and had his hand on his gun, Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told NBC News.

No other details were available. Attempts to reach George Zimmerman's lawyer were not immediately successful.

Shellie Zimmerman told ABC News last week her husband was "selfish" and has been making "reckless decisions."

"In my opinion, he feels more invincible" since his acquittal, she said.

After a trial that transfixed the nation, a jury found George Zimmerman, 29, not guilty in the death of Martin, 17. He argued that he shot Martin, who did not have a gun, in self-defense after being attacked.

The verdict sparked protests and debate on race and guns that stretched all the way to the White House. In the weeks since, George Zimmerman has helped rescue a family after a car wreck and been pulled over for speeding twice.

Archived