Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

That was before D'Antoni, remember Brown was there and he was fired and that's when they hired D'Antoni. But it will all be moot, hence Mitch Kupchak receiving the extension. Should have seen some of his reactions when they gave up over 400 points(that stretch when they lost to the Clips by almost 50). I bet he wanted to fire him right then and there. it's all a mess, and they should have done a sign and trade with Houston last offseason. Its a mess right now, and to be honest, I don't see them winning anytime soon.

They made gambles but they were predictably bad gambles.  I think all of the bad thinking and planning came out of desperation to try and immediately put another contender around Kobe before he totally crapped out.  And I think there was definitely some orgazational arrogance.  We're the Lakers, we don't rebuild like everyone else.  We've got a huge TV deal, we can pay more salary and luxury tax than everyone else.  Our brand is strong enough that we can draw great players on the open market.

The ownership is incompetent now.  Kupchak dug himself an awful hole.  And Kobe's awful extension screwed the team over.  It's illustrative of the difference between him and Duncan and Dirk IMO.  Kobe will never contend again, even if he's healthy.  But both Duncan and Dirk will contend because they'll take much smaller deals.

The Lakers brought all of this on themselves with really bad management.

How?  Yall will be lucky to compete for the 8th seed. 

Maybe he thinks LeBron or Carmelo or coming.  Or that Westbrook and Love are coming the next summer, or whenever they hit the open market.

That was his favorite team.  More than the Cowboys and Rangers.  I don't blame him, the Mavs have been a model franchise since Cuban bought the team.  And Dirk is one of my all time favorite players.  One of my best friends growing up is a Mavs fan.  Became one when they drafted Dirk I think, but he's genuinely die hard.  So I always kept my Spurs and Duncan admiration to myself, and sort of kept up with the ups and downs of the Mavs through my friend.  To go through 2007, and then do what they did in 2011, there couldn't have been anything better for the fans.  Mavs fans deserved it.  The organization is great.  And I love that Dirk cemented himself as an all timer.

I totally disagree.   The NBA is a lot better now, IMO.   The game was more boring and sloppy in the 80s and the talent was too concentrated on a few teams.

Sloppy basketball: If that's your beef, I'm surprised you still watch the NBA today then.

The NBA has always thrived on 2-4 super teams and a bunch of fillers.  But yeah, the 80s...plenty of great individual defensive players but the team defensive schemes are nowhere near where they are now. 

I'd like to find a happy medium between the isolation-rich 80s and the pick and roll obsession of today's NBA.  Somewhere between there is ideal.

Edited by Sticksboi05

The Lakers will compete for the West next season.

I'm just seeing this, but I'm a Laker fan and I can tell you it's going to be a battle for the 6-8 seed next season. If they don't get in the playoffs next season, Phoenix will get a high lottery pick with the Nash trade. Jim Buss has to get out of making the calls, because he's not a basketball person. I can see that from my seat 3000+ miles from LA.

Yeah, No one player is good enough to get it done by themselves. This has been shown for quite a while.

Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Robinson, Wilkins, Paul, etc..

I think the only recent exception to this was Hakeem's first title (before Clyde got there) with just Thorpe and Mad Max to help him out. Both were pretty good, but certainly not a second 'star'.  I dont know how far back you have to go before that to find another 'star' that did it alone.

Its pretty rare.

Bargani shooting a 3 with ten seconds left, shotclock off and UP 2 is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Seriously, all my years watching basketball, I don't think I've ever seen that before. At 2:12 in the vid.

And he was the #1 overall pick 7 seasons ago...LOL

Bargani shooting a 3 with ten seconds left, shotclock off and UP 2 is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Seriously, all my years watching basketball, I don't think I've ever seen that before. At 2:12 in the vid.

Yeah one of the dumbest things I've seen in a game, heck I knew not to do that back when I was playing rec league basketball.

Earlier in the thread, I said this was Lebron's MVP to lose.  Well, he lost it.  KD did his thing during the regular season.  Hopefully we get another OKC/Miami matchup. 

I want San Antonio eviscerating Miami in the Finals to make up for handing it to Miami in Game 6 last year.  One of the great chokes in NBA history.

• Like 1

I want San Antonio eviscerating Miami in the Finals to make up for handing it to Miami in Game 6 last year.  One of the great chokes in NBA history.

Well they(Miami) tried to duck wreck from Brooklyn and look who they may have as a potential 2nd round matchup...

Why is this interesting, the Nets handled Miami this season 4-0....

Handing it? Nah.... I think we just took it from them. :)

Who asked you? Get out!

Lol

Earlier in the thread, I said this was Lebron's MVP to lose. Well, he lost it. KD did his thing during the regular season. Hopefully we get another OKC/Miami matchup.

Can we get a thread title edit for the playoffs?
  • Like 1