Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Scrutiny of CP3 is gonna be crazy if he can't get the Clippers to the WCF at the minimum.  This is gonna be a hell of a series.  I just hope that from here on out, the refs are a little more leinant w. the whistles. 

Yeah the officiating went from extreme to extreme. Down the stretch, I think they let alot go because they felt they called too much early

he says halftime show each year, gets proven wrong, and decides he is right using a different criteria. What scares me is that he really thinks he is the smartest guy on here.

The racial code words, I do not mind too much since its expected with the internet.

How was I proven wrong? Lol You said that the NBA didn't use hip hop acts at the events I said they did. You produce one band that performed that wasn't, I gave you FIVE that did! Some people, I tell ya. You prove them wrong with clear facts and they STILL won't admit they were wrong.

And btw, could you explain how me saying the NBA mostly caters to the younger, hip-hop generation is racial? You're the biggest race baiter on the board, man. You're act is beyond old.

Did you even read the Greg Anthony and Dr Jack Ramsay quotes? Are they racists, too? Sheeesh!

Edited by Bubble Screen

I don't think they're good but having an ice cold assassin like Pierce is dangerous. They are never out of a game because of him

Williams and Johnson are playoff scrubs but having the two vets gives them a psychological advantage against younger squads

Yeah they've got that mental edge on Toronto. I don't think Toronto really realizes that they're better than the Nets. They're too young and "happy to be there." Toronto kind of shocked themselves by winning their division IMO. I think they've still got a bit of an inferiority complex against the older, more storied franchises in the Atlantic.

Experience does matter, but it doesn't have to be everything. A lot of good young teams out there that played mature when they got to the playoffs early in their windows: GS and OKC and even Memphis when they first started making it. But you can't be in awe of your opponent.

I think it's going to be the same story with Charlotte against Miami. Miami whupped their asses four times this season. Charlotte is scared of Miami. They're in the same division!

I hope it's not the same story with the Wizards against Bulls. I actually don't think it will be. This Wizards group isn't scared of teams. They're not scared of Miami or Brooklyn at all, they like going at them. I hope they come ready to play and deal with a grizzled bully of a team like Chicago.

Teague killin IND.

He's killing Vogels job security. If they lose this series he's instantly fired.

That Paul wasn't a superstar, or an elite PG.

Thats strange, I thought skip bayless watched nba basketball? Guess not. Edited by Destino

Yeah they've got that mental edge on Toronto. I don't think Toronto really realizes that they're better than the Nets. They're too young and "happy to be there." Toronto kind of shocked themselves by winning their division IMO. I think they've still got a bit of an inferiority complex against the older, more storied franchises in the Atlantic.

Experience does matter, but it doesn't have to be everything. A lot of good young teams out there that played mature when they got to the playoffs early in their windows: GS and OKC and even Memphis when they first started making it. But you can't be in awe of your opponent.

I think it's going to be the same story with Charlotte against Miami. Miami whupped their asses four times this season. Charlotte is scared of Miami. They're in the same division!

I hope it's not the same story with the Wizards against Bulls. I actually don't think it will be. This Wizards group isn't scared of teams. They're not scared of Miami or Brooklyn at all, they like going at them. I hope they come ready to play and deal with a grizzled bully of a team like Chicago.

Honestly, I don't consider the Wiz a young team. They aren't gonna back down

I don't think I am mentally strong enough to be a Pacers fan right now. What the hell is going on with that team?

Paul George got catfished, Danny Granger was traded, and the whole team imploded.

Edited by Destino

I'm rooting for the Warriors and Blazers hard in the first round. I strongly dislike the Clippers and I hate the Rockets. Plus I like the Warriors and have no problem with the Blazers. I like Portland's broadcast crew. I like their history.

I'm more ambivalent about the other two series. I'm an admirer of both the Spurs and Mavs. I'm just looking for an entertaining series there, but I'm afraid the Spurs are going to embarrass the Mavs. That I don't want to see.

I love Durant but I don't really like watching the rest of OKC all that much TBH. They play a lot of dumb basketball and Westbrook can be kind of tough to take. Also I'm not so secretly hoping Durant doesn't win a championship before he hits FA so the chances of him leaving keep creeping upwards. Memphis is cool, but I don't have strong feelings about them.

In the East, I don't like the Nets. I like Toronto's broadcast crew a lot, but I really don't like their fans. Don't care about Indy or Atlanta. Obviously I want the Wizards to beat Chicago. I don't really care about Charlotte, don't really like Miami but don't really dislike them either. I think they'll kill Charlotte, and really don't want to see them lose to either Toronto or Brooklyn. I would LOVE to see the Wizards shock the world and go on a run and get to play Miami in the conference finals. That would be pretty special.

Honestly, I don't consider the Wiz a young team. They aren't gonna back down

Wall and Beal are green as hell, and they're to two most talented and important players on the team. That's what I'm worried about. They've got swagger, and Beal really seems to thrive under pressure. But I'm worried they'll just be confused by what they see.

Ariza/Nene/Andre Miller/Al Harrington/Drew Goooden/Martell Webster/Marcin Gortat are all well seasoned. Webster and Ariza are the young guys in that AARP group at 27 and 28 respectively. But they're 9 and 10 year vets and Ariza won a championship in 2009. They've been in big games.

Pacers really slumped in the 2nd half and their performance today is disgraceful.

The Pacers of course will still win the overall series (It's the NBA, they'll figure it out) but still, what a poor way to start off a series.

Lol...How in the world can you be so sure of that?

I wouldn't be so sure they'll win. They've been playing bad basketball for a while. And Indy never struck me as the type of powerhouse team that can just flip the switch when they need/want to.

Atlanta is better coached than they are. Budenholzer is damn good. They're a team of overachievers. At the very least, they're going to give Indy a hell of a series. That much is clear already.

Road teams took game one. Let's hope it continues tomorrow!

OKC's bench is dominating Memphis's starters. They've got a totally different caliber of athlete.

I was wondering why the Grizz were so pleased with themselves after earning the 7th seed and a first round match against the Thunder. Maybe they just wanted to get it over with quickly.

Edit: I spoke too soon. The Grizz roared right back into the game.

Edited by Destino

It's the NBa. The favorites nearly always win the series.

Yeah the Pacers probably still win, but this isn't a particularly good matchup for them. The hawks bigs can bang with the Pacers bigs, and neutralize Hibbert on defense with their shooting. And of course Indy's guards are nothing special, Teague is better then hill or Stephenson. This series could go seven.

Edited by skinsfan1523