Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

My God Memphis is trying their damndest to choke this one away.

Great win for Memphis but they almost blew it so many times. Can't normally do that as the 7 seed on the road.

I thought they'd be totally demoralized after getting sent to OT, but ZBo was clutch and they were fantastic defensively.

Relax. It's early. Hell, the Clips lost Game 1 at home. Now look at the complexion of that series.

Agreed, and they might be more talented the roster but Memphis just knows how to take it to OKC. The 2011 3OT Game 6 they played is an all time classic IMO.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

How do OKC lose to Memphis when they clearly have the two(arguably three) best players on the floor?

Brooks seat should be getting pretty warm.

There isn't a team in the entire nba that can easily handle Memphis in the post season. They can be beaten, and likely will be, but they don't make it easy.

Brooks is not a great coach.  OKC still can't play D when push comes to shove.  As for Durant, guy was hitting shots like Larry Bird out there.  Fall away 3's out of bounds.  Unfortunately they were all irrelevant because they can't play defense.

As clutch as Durant was, and as ridiculous as some of the shots he made were, I wouldn't say he had a great game. Too much chucking on offense. But it's probably about as good as you can expect when he's getting guarded like that. The offense they run is so pathetic.

I honestly think Brooks is weaker with play design and calling than Randy Wittman.

Or that could also be because Russell Westbrook still doesn't know how to run a ****ing offense. Of all the great players and scorers in the NBA, Westbrook has one of the worst BBIQs IMO. The guy just plays without any natural feel for the PG position. Bad decision after bad decision. A lot of chucking. Except for the OT period when Mike Conley fell apart, Conley did such a better job point guarding his team. OKC played 2 on 5 most of the night.

Reggie Jackson isn't a good facilitator either. OKC really struggled to run fairly basic half court sets. Another problem was how lousy their screeners were.

But even still, their offensive system is the biggest detriment IMO. It wholly relies on the fact Durant is the greatest scorer since Jordan. When push comes to shove, the only thing OKC can reliably run are isolations for Westbrook and Durant on the perimeter or isos from Durant in the high post.

They really need a coaching upgrade.

But they can play defense. And I thought they did a good job defending last night.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I was going to say this. Such a tough team and they give every team fits as they match up well with anyone.

They don't match up well with San Antonio apparently.

They did a good job last night. But they also made a ton of mistakes that kept OKC in a game they shouldn't have been in at all. Struggling to get the ball inbounded? Chucking up a ridiculous cross court inbounds pass that Westbrook almost stole and dunked for the lead?

They're a great defensive team, but they aren't a great team overall and they struggle to run half decent offense. They successful playing a highly physical, Eastern conference style against soft West teams who are built to run and gun, get easily confused in the half court game, and don't play defense in return. I think it can work if they get a good seed in the early rounds like last year, but then they'll run up against one of two or three legit, well balanced contenders, and don't have the offensive capability to get the final push over the top. Reminds me of Chicago.

So if Houston get eliminated, you think McHale is gone? I say so.

I agree with you... But people should be talking about Harden missing 20 shots in game 1. Missing 20 shots in agame should trigger an automatic fine or something. lol

• Like 1

I agree with you... But people should be talking about Harden missing 20 shots in game 1. Missing 20 shots in agame should trigger an automatic fine or something. lol

Also Harden is a defensive liability too. I didn't think he was that bad, but damn he flat out stinks on the defensive end.

Also Harden is a defensive liability too. I didn't think he was that bad, but damn he flat out stinks on the defensive end.

I wasn't aware of how bad he was either until I watched the Harden defense video that was posted in this thread. I don't understand how he can absolutely fly to the basket on the offensive end and then look like he's trying to run in quicksand on the other end. Wild.