Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Your avatar is the same pic that that Otto man empire guy always puts up in BF threads....hmmm

I have no idea what you're talking about right now.

Ah, Bullets Forever? I was rocking a Vesely avatar for a few years. Then after he got traded, went with a Booker/Seraphin one. But somebody (damn, forgot who, I'm sorry man) posted this Otto pic in the Wiz thread a couple weeks back and just prefect for me. The Wizards and history, my two favorite things in life.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

I'm sure. I just think it's douchey to post in opposing fans' threads.

But good game man.

Didn't know Nene still had all that in him. He gave Jo work all night

Good game. Yeah Nene is good. Really good all around player. His numbers never show his true impact so people overlook him a little bit. The only negative with Nene is his health. When he plays, he's usually good.

Honestly, even if Chicago wins this series, this isn't their year. They just don't have the horses without Rose. They give maximum effort every game but you can have a team of just seven role players no matter how good their chemistry and coaching is. You can have a really good record in the regular season but the 7 game series format, you need a couple guys that can make things happen on offense consistently throughout the game.

Good game. Yeah Nene is good. Really good all around player. His numbers never show his true impact so people overlook him a little bit. The only negative with Nene is his health. When he plays, he's usually good.

Honestly, even if Chicago wins this series, this isn't their year. They just don't have the horses without Rose. They give maximum effort every game but you can have a team of just seven role players no matter how good their chemistry and coaching is. You can have a really good record in the regular season but the 7 game series format, you need a couple guys that can make things happen on offense consistently throughout the game.

yeah, it's a sad reality. But apparently the FO feels very strongly about their Melo chances

IIRC, after the Deng trade, the general consensus was the Bulls were going for the tank job. Maybe they'd be better off, long run anyway, if they did?

Nah...they can re-tool pretty quickly this offseason even without Melo.

Mirotic should be coming over and adding another decent vet could help.

IIRC, after the Deng trade, the general consensus was the Bulls were going for the tank job. Maybe they'd be better off, long run anyway, if they did?

Well their team is mature and ready to compete now though. Tanking is good if you're starting from scratch. But Chicago needs a fully mature star, not a rookie. Boozer, Gibson, Noah, etc. aren't young any more.

Carmelo could be a fit. Lot's of Carmelo talk for Chicago. If they get him and get Rose back near to his old level, that's probably a contender.

Carmelo should play with Rondo. Those two should have figured out how to make that happen.

Terrence Jones is such a bad assignment on Aldridge.

These two teams are so gifted offensively, so flawed defensively. It's amazing. I still don't fully understand how a team with Dwight Howard can be so bad defensively.

I still don't fully understand how a team with Dwight Howard can be so bad defensively.

Did you see the James Harden "defense" video I posted? Couple pages back

I think Rose is done. My opinion he is either fragile, or doesn't have the discipline or conviction to properly get himself a true 100%.

Totally agree. Has there been a single player who's gone through a DRose-type injury situation and come back as anything more than a shadow of his former self?

Wow!  Wife and I just randomly turned on Portland-Houston with ~ 2 minutes left in 4Q.  I was watching Bulls-Wizards and the kids just finished watching "Frozen"... needless to say we were glued to the TV (I HAD NO IDEA SHE ENJOYED BASKETBALL!). 

Ironic is that I thought Portland was getting jobbed by the fouls pretty much most of the 4Q and OT and then Howard fouls out on kind've a ridiculous call.... so it evens out but everyone will probably point to the Howard 6th foul.  That was an amazing game. 

Excited about the way the Wizards played today... but their problem throughout the season was bringing that intensity every day during the regular season.    I hope their playoff attitude is different....

Totally agree. Has there been a single player who's gone through a DRose-type injury situation and come back as anything more than a shadow of his former self?

I don't think so. Kobe and unfortunately RG3 did the same type of stuff rushing back. Kobe has guaranteed money with that hunger to excel , RG3 is going to get a shot based on age and talent alone (don't even have to get into the rest of it). Drives me crazy. They feel that pressure from the fans, media, and the team...makes it worse. That's one of the reasons that I really don't watch any ESPN these days, live events sure, a clip of a show sure.

My buddy always sends me texts about something they said and my response is..."How many times do I have to explain this?"  Did he smoke too much when he was younger ? I wonder.

Noah and Gibson aren't exactly OLD guys though at this point.

I think Rose is done. My opinion he is either fragile, or doesn't have the discipline or conviction to properly get himself a true 100%.

Yeah, but if you go young for a rebuild, that three or four years of development time wastes their prime years. Noah is 29 and Gibson is 28. They were old rookies. They need a star like Melo who is in the same window and ready to lead a contender today.

As for Rose, it'd be a shame if he were done. Kind of reminds me of how Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill's career trajectories got destroyed by injury. I don't think it's a discipline issue, he's known for his work ethic. I think his knees just broke down on him.

If he does come back to near where he was, I don't think it'll be next season. It's going to take him a while to work himself back into game shape, if he ever does.

Aren't RG3 and Rose some age?

Rose was born in October of 1988 and RG3 was born in February of 1990.

Argh! I turned the Portland Houston game off with 4 minutes left in the 4th.

I went to bed during the OT. 9:30 start time is pretty brutal on the EC. That Tuesday night game is going to be rough.

Bulls adding Melo would completely change the dynamic of that team.  Just have to wonder what the Bulls would have to give up to get him in a S&T.  You'd have to think that the Knicks would want Gibson/Butler + picks.  If you're the Knicks have to consider it.  Fastest way to a quick rebuild with starting quality players in additon to actually getting a 1st round pick (or two) out of it.  If I'm Phil Jackson, I'd do it. 

*In thinking ahead...do you all want me to make another NBA thread at the end of the season, or just continue this one (but w/ an updated title)? 

That video is flat out embarrassing. His thought process is, I'll reach in as he goes by me so it looks like I gave at least 2% effort. It's alright if he scores, I'll just go down and chuck a three or jump into someone and get a call.

I hate the way he plays. Least favorite star player in the league. He should be a good defender too, he's strong and has very long arms. It's like he's stopped trying to do anything other than make Sam Presti look bad by scoring a ton of points since he got traded. I'm glad the Wizards didn't trade for him.

• Like 2

Bulls adding Melo would completely change the dynamic of that team.  Just have to wonder what the Bulls would have to give up to get him in a S&T.  You'd have to think that the Knicks would want Gibson/Butler + picks.  If you're the Knicks have to consider it.  Fastest way to a quick rebuild with starting quality players in additon to actually getting a 1st round pick (or two) out of it.  If I'm Phil Jackson, I'd do it. 

*In thinking ahead...do you all want me to make another NBA thread at the end of the season, or just continue this one (but w/ an updated title)?

Melo could change their dynamic in a bad way too though. The Bulls are all about unselfish play and maximum effort on defense. Carmelo would have to change his style or he would disrupt the identity of the Bulls.

Also, I think there could be some power struggling from a leadership perspective. You would need Noah and Rose to totally buy into the move. Melo is the type that will want to lead and make them his team.

That's why I am not crazy about the Wizards going after him. I don't see Melo being desperate enough yet to accept being a second banana to Wall.

It's like Adrian Dantley in the Bad Boys Pistons documentary. Only Melo is actually still a fringe MVP candidate instead of being on his way out of the league.