Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

What does that mean?

Dumbest post ever. I'm far from the hip hop crowd and I love the NBA. I know PLENTY others both in my professional and social life who follow the NBA as well.

Bubbles just say what you wanted to say without decorating it with less offensive terms.

Dumbest post ever. I'm far from the hip hop crowd and I love the NBA. I know PLENTY others both in my professional and social life who follow the NBA as well.

Bubbles just say what you wanted to say without decorating it with less offensive terms.

I never said people didn't watch the NBA for that

reason, Full of Excuses. But if you can't see that the NBA mainly markets to that crowd, then I dont know what to tell you. I gave you clear examples of it.

I still watch. I was just disputing the OP's statement that the NBA could surpass the NFL soon. There's zero chance of that, and mainly for the reasons I listed earlier.

Edited by Bubble Screen

I never said people didn't watch the NBA for that

reason, Full of Excuses. But if you can't see that the NBA mainly markets to that crowd, then I dont know what to tell you. I gave you clear examples of it.

I still watch. I was just disputing the OP's statement that the NBA could surpass the NFL soon. There's zero chance of that, and mainly for the reasons I listed earlier.

Lol you are so shut off from the rest of the world. Please take some time to go to a an NBA game in a Midwestern city and tell me what you see.

But sure, a Pharrell sponsored ad definitively makes the claim. Because you know the NFL had never in the past used black hip hop musicians to promote their brand.

Lol you are so shut off from the rest of the world. Please take some time to go to a an NBA game in a Midwestern city and tell me what you see.

But sure, a Pharrell sponsored ad definitively makes the claim. Because you know the NFL had never in the past used black hip hop musicians to promote their brand.

I have no idea what you're talking about with that first part. I clearly stated that the NBA marketing to the hip hop crowd doesn't keep people away. Like I said, I still watch. Matter of fact, used to be a Hornets season ticket holder.

And it's just not this year that the NBA has used a guy like Pharrell to promote the playoffs. They do that every year. And usually at the all star game festivities as well. You're telling me that doesn't happen?

Anyway, you might find these views interesting:

-----------------------------

What does hip-hop's influence do for the image of the league?

"Greg Anthony: The league, in its effort to draw young people to the game -- they are its future -- needs to keep a firm grip on both the present and past. So there's a generation gap that needs to be bridged. Hip-hop is here to stay. So, the league understands that it has to continue focusing on the game while getting folks to understand that we live in an age of exposure. That means the NBA has to work that much harder to insure the focus remains on the game and not its image."

"Dr. Jack Ramsay: My opinion is that hip-hop lessens the image of the NBA. It lends to associating the NBA with street ball -- which really isn't basketball."

Edited by Bubble Screen

No one goes to the D-League but it doesn't matter because the lads can get experience there like a minor league system. Call a kid up and if he's struggling take him down. Just like baseball and hockey. I fail to see why this isn't used.

it does matter if the DLeague is a financial drain.

It was pretty self explanatory, I thought.

Just look at the commercials about the playoffs with Pharrel. Or the halftime entertainment at the all star game each year. It's pretty clear the NBA mainly markets the younger, hip-hop crowd.

Earth, Wind and Fire is most definitely hip hop.

Do you even bother to fact check?

The NBA does not market to a younger, Hip Hop crowd. They market to everyone.

it does matter if the DLeague is a financial drain.

Earth, Wind and Fire is most definitely hip hop.

Do you even bother to fact check?

The NBA does not market to a younger, Hip Hop crowd. They market to everyone.

"The NBA All-Star Game took place Sunday at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. While the game featured lots of highlights, the event was fueled by big musical performances before the game and during halftime.

Oscar-nominated rapper Pharrell performed a medley of his hit songs before the show, including "Happy" and "Get Lucky." The hip-hop mega-reunion also included Nelly, Snoop Lion, Diddy and Busta Rhymes."

And Joe: I think I'll take Greg Anthony's word over yours, if you don't mind.:)

Edited by Bubble Screen

Isiah Thomas thinks your comment was racially insensitive

Zing

Anyway as much as I hate the NBA and complain about lack of parity I understand that they do cater, but not to a hip hop crowd. It's to international players because it's an international game

"The NBA All-Star Game took place Sunday at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. While the game featured lots of highlights, the event was fueled by big musical performances before the game and during halftime.

Oscar-nominated rapper Pharrell performed a medley of his hit songs before the show, including "Happy" and "Get Lucky." The hip-hop mega-reunion also included Nelly, Snoop Lion, Diddy and Busta Rhymes."

And Joe: I think I'll take Greg Anthony's word over yours, if you don't mind.:)

Cherry pick as you wish. People have very low expectations for you around here anyways.

• Like 3

Cherry pick as you wish. People have very low expectations for you around here anyways.

he says halftime show each year, gets proven wrong, and decides he is right using a different criteria. What scares me is that he really thinks he is the smartest guy on here.

The racial code words, I do not mind too much since its expected with the internet.

Edited by JoeWolf990

DeRozan didn't show up. If Toronto wants to have a chance, they can't have their good players freaking out and player nervous.

Yeah. I expected Demar to have his coming out party today. It was only game 1 but he's got to get going.

That "experience" may sound cliche but it is a real factor

Lol Jermaine O Neal has been in the league since the Bulls dynasty yet he's making a difference in. The 2014 playoffs

That team is not legit. I wish the Wizards got to play them instead of Chicago or Toronto. Toronto is just scared right now.

I don't think they're good but having an ice cold assassin like Pierce is dangerous. They are never out of a game because of him

Williams and Johnson are playoff scrubs but having the two vets gives them a psychological advantage against younger squads