Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Handing it? Nah.... I think we just took it from them.  :)

Game 6 S.A. handed to Miami.  When it comes down to making free throws and you don't, you essentially hand the other team a win.  Kentucky should've won the national championship but couldn't make their free throws.  5 point lead with 18 seconds left, to me that's handing it away.  Kind of like how the Chargers handed the Redskins a win this past season.

Now...Game 7, Miami took it, more correctly, LeBron took it with one of the great performances in recent memory.  Maybe his best performance since way back in 2007 vs. the Pistons.  Virtuoso performance by the best in the league.

I'm not trying to discredit Miami, because it was the other way around in 2011 when the Heat let the Mavs win when they had no business beating that Miami team.  Either way, it evens out, 2 titles.

Edited by Sticksboi05

I'm not worried about scoring because I don't think the Wiz will be able to run and gun in the playoffs.

The key is to win both at home

I expect close games, comes down to if the Bullets can score against Bulls D and Bulls ineptitude to score baskets.

Rationalize it however you want to, champ. An opportunity was there, and it was seized by the better team. Sour grapes don't change that.

Rule of thumb (for me anyway):  In any basketball game, if you lose because you miss free throws, that's on you, the other team can't block your free throws. 

No sour grapes, I apply it evenly to every team.  :)

The Heat did seize the moment though.

Edited by Sticksboi05

I think the only recent exception to this was Hakeem's first title (before Clyde got there) with just Thorpe and Mad Max to help him out. Both were pretty good, but certainly not a second 'star'.  I dont know how far back you have to go before that to find another 'star' that did it alone.

Its pretty rare.

It's near impossible.  Hakeem, Dirk and the 04 Pistons are all I can think of which is why it was unfair to completely abhor LeBron for jumping to Miami.  Cleveland was not in it to win it.  Acquiring Jamison and Shaq in the twilight of their careers wasn't going to put them over the top.  Say what you want about The Decision, but LeBron had the right to be like "can a guy get some actual help".

I for one am hoping the Heat 3 peat.

If they even just make it to the Finals they will have matched a feat not done since the Celtics Big 3.  That's damn impressive to match Bird/McHale/Parrish.

Rule of thumb (for me anyway):  In any basketball game, if you lose because you miss free throws, that's on you, the other team can't block your free throws.

Its all between the ears for some people  :)

Some can cut it. Some can't. The free throw line is one of the ultimate tests of that theory. Many championship games are decided in all of sports in crucial moments like that.I know its hard to acknowledge that sometimes. But as you say on occasion, " Thats the truth."  ;)

At any rate, I look forward to this postseason, with the potential to be handed a 3rd straight title (and a 4th overall). As always. It will be tough. Every year,people think they will cakewalk into the Finals, and every year, they earn it, every step of the way. Won't be any different. I think the Raptors will give BKN all they can handle and more. If they win, hopefully they aren't too tired for the apparently frightened Heat, who they "Handled" 4-0 for the season, by a whopping 12 combined pts, 9 of those coming from a game with Wade/Chalmers out.

Maybe for once, before they head off to the nursing home, KG and Co. will actually back up their talk with an actual postseason series victory. Sending all of these teams home in April-May year after year that "Handle" the Heat during the regular season has gotten a little stale...

Won't be doing much posting in here this time around (and haven't for the year for the most part), but if the time comes that they bow out, I will give props.

Much love, and good luck to y'alls Wizards

Rationalize it however you want to, champ. An opportunity was there, and it was seized by the better team. Sour grapes don't change that.

The spurs choked and ray made the ultra clutch shot. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

• Like 1

At any rate, I look forward to this postseason, with the potential to be handed a 3rd straight title (and a 4th overall). As always. It will be tough. Every

Woah, even I didn't go that far. :)   There is no justification at all for suggesting OKC handed Miami anything.  Miami handled OKC.

How many chill pills did you take?!?! See what happens when you take more than one! I'm worried about you sir... lol

. Without a healthy front court they have no chance of getting by the Clips let alone the rest of the west. Edited by Destino

The Heat did seize the moment though.

Did the Spurs spot Miami 10 points to start the 4th also? Cause IIRC miami was down 10 going into the 4th.

Its like saying if the Spurs won the game, LeBron gave it to them because of the two T.O.s down the stretch.

I dont think anyone gives a finals game away. Plus, Game 7 still had to be played and the Spurs could still have won, but they didnt.

The spurs choked and ray made the ultra clutch shot. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

I don't see it that way. I saw two even teams that took some and gave some, with one team giving a little more. Now if the Cowboys/Seahawks lost to someone I would say they choked.... Because I don't like them  :) and will concede nothing, wanting to see them suffer endlessly till the end of all humanity.

I respect the Spurs too much to say they choked. I also respect them enough to not make excuses for them. If that series was played out 10 times, maybe they win 9. They just couldn't win that one. Did they have a chance? Sure? Did they squander that chance? Yep. But none of it matters if the Heat don't capitalize. Games between great teams come down to moments like that. It isn't as black and white as "Choke/Non-Choke" to me. Maybe as a fan on the outside, it is. But not to me.

I want San Antonio eviscerating Miami in the Finals to make up for handing it to Miami in Game 6 last year.  One of the great chokes in NBA history.

I want Wizards over Thunder in the finals with a full on KD/Westbrook rift opening up and lots of wistful comments about playing in DC from KD.

Woah, even I didn't go that far. :)   There is no justification at all for suggesting OKC handed Miami anything.  Miami handled OKC.

I know. I just think its funny though. I'm like "Yep, let me witness another one of those FA conspiracy/Ref assisted fluke championships".

East

#1 Indiana Pacers vs #8 Atlanta Hawks

#2 Miami Heat vs #7 Charlotte Bobcats

#3 Toronto Raptors vs #6 Brooklyn Nets

#4 Chicago Bulls vs #5 Washington Wizards

West

#1 San Antonio Spurs vs #8 Dallas Mavericks

#2 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #7 Memphis Grizzlies

#3 Los Angeles Clippers vs #6 Golden State Warriors

#4 Houston Rockets vs #5 Portland Trail Blazers