Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Durant didn't wait around for LeBron to get old to inherit the throne.  He went out usurped it.  Those two are like a reverse Bird/Magic.  LeBron is Magic, but he's the one who is four years older.  Durant is Bird.

Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis are out there though.  Those guys are going to be in the MVP races moving forward.

It's kind of sad CP3 probably won't ever win an MVP.  He should have won it in 2008.  He'll go down as one of the best players to never win one.

i think he will start.

He and Deandre play the same way. Similar players, I think Mason has more athleticism than Deandre.

You just said very good, and I can see him being like Deandre Jordan-good.

Once Brook Lopez is back in the fold, then what?  Kidd has been unorthodox w/ his lineups, so it's not inconceivable that both he and Lopez could share the floor together. 

As crazy as the Nets have been with roster moves, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they tried to trade him at some point.  He's got a real nice upside. 

• Like 1

Well his upside is limited by his age.  He's already 24.  And I don't think he's got a lot of offensive tools to work with.  He's a fantastic athlete though.  And he's smart and he hustles.  And he's got legit big man size.  He definitely has a place in NBA rotations.

Same a Noah.

Noah was better. Also he was 22 when he was a rookie. He made a pretty big leap too after a couple seasons. I wouldn't expect that from Plumlee.

Noah is one of the best centers in the game and his motor and competitiveness is unmatched by any big man playing right now other than maybe KG and Duncan. How many other centers are getting triple doubles? He's not seen as great because he's not a great scorer but his impact on a game is huge.

Plumlee shouldn't be compared to anyone at his level. He's a good role playing big man, maybe very good, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's more than that.

Edited by Destino

I thought we were talking about Plumlee, apparently they were talking about Brook Lopez.

Still wouldn't compare Lopez to Noah.  Lopez doesn't have much in common with him.  He's a gifted scorer with just about the smoothest scoring ability of any center in the game.  And he's bigger than Noah.  But he's not a rebounder, passer, or defender.  He's finesse.  Noah is like the anti-Lopez.

Man I'm hoping the spurs win it this year. Thunder would be cool too though.

I'd like to see the Spurs win because it would give a finality to the Spurs dynasty and we could finally move on from it.

Indy's starters have played the equivalent of five more games than Miami's starters. They're worn out. Wouldn't surprise me if they lose their first round series.

As I've said a few times, I want the Wizards to get Indy in the first round. I think we'd get them. And the attention would be great for us

Saying the Pacers team is worn out is a joke, and a cop out IMO. Miami has been to 3 straight finals, if anyone should be worn out, it would be them.

Oh I think Miami is worn down too.  They don't look great either.

But 5 more games?  That's even after Vogel basically sat his entire starting lineup.  That's a huge difference.  Vogel wore out his starters chasing the one seed.  Vogel isn't as good a coach as he's gotten credit for the past two years.  And the Pacers aren't as good as they've gotten credit for being during that span.  I think they've basically benefited from Derrick Rose being hurt the past two + seasons and the other three teams in the central being inept.

You can see them crashing and burning.  They can't execute on either side of the court and their coach's job security is getting questioned by the media.  They don't have anything left in the tank.  It's not an excuse, it's an observation.

ESPN will have a 30 for 30 on the Bad Boys. It's no doubt that the NBA was a lot better in the 80's than it is today. You could play defense back then and you could be physical. Now the slightest tap is a dive leading to a foul. It's ridiculous. 

Everything was a lot better back in the day where you didn't get anything easy without a little something. 

• Like 1

Wow. Would have sucked if he re-injured his knee there. 

right?  chill out already...dang.  i get the first block...but going out of his way to block the second?  goofy.

the crowd laughed at him too when he fell LOL

Edited by Chew