Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Really? That's the last matchup I'd want to see. I'd love to see a Golden State/Indiana matchup. Two young teams, can score and it would piss off the NBA bigwigs.

I guess digging was a bad word on my part. What I meant was that the Spurs/Heat is match up I am expecting. 

I would like a GS/Indy series. A GS/Wizards (Wall vs Curry) series would be fun too, but who am I kidding. A Rockets/Pacers series would be interesting. Spurs/Pacers would probably be a clinic lol

Young Chewy, you ain't right lol

Real talk y'all, if your team isn't the Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, Thunder, Pacers, or Heat... I got some bad news for you lol

Welp, my season has been over since Game 1, LOL. Lakers just need to go ahead and fire Pringles at the end of the season. I wish it was a young coach like Thibbs or Doc out there. I'm just here to enjoy the Pacers/Thunder NBA Finals we are about to receive in June.

Let's talk about the elephant in the room, the Sixers. Are they even trying or nah? Tied the record last night for most consecutive loses in ALL 4 major sports. 26 and counting.

If you or I or pretty much anyone in the tailgate had his talent we would be such a better basketball player than him. I don't care about his wealth or women. Every NBA player has those things. If I were him, I'd want to be something more than an NBA vagabond playing crappy basketball for losing teams. I'd want to win and leave my mark on the game. He will never be an important player on a good team. He's a basketball moron.

no they dont. Im not seeing Garrett Temple having Rihanna want to bang him, and openly flaunting it at a game.

There is nothing about his life that makes him a loser. You can "want" to do whatever you want, but things happen. Being a millionaire and living in LA is a pretty sweet gig, even if you are not winning games. He has won, and if you were in his shoes you would not be crying about not winning a title. lol.

no they dont. Im not seeing Garrett Temple having Rihanna want to bang him, and openly flaunting it at a game.

There is nothing about his life that makes him a loser. You can "want" to do whatever you want, but things happen. Being a millionaire and living in LA is a pretty sweet gig, even if you are not winning games. He has won, and if you were in his shoes you would not be crying about not winning a title. lol.

Man, you are seriously overrating money and girls. Sure, it might seem nice, but it's a lot of negative stuff that goes with that too.

But Young is a loser. Just like a lot of talented players who never seemed to put it together. They let the money and girls take them away from the game. Kobe's career and marriage was almost done because of a girl. But he seemed to wise up and honestly took his game to a higher level after that.

And because of that, you would never hear Nick Young and Kobe Bryant in the same sentence unless it is about them being teammates. One is a winner, the other isn't.

Man, you are seriously overrating money and girls. Sure, it might seem nice, but it's a lot of negative stuff that goes with that too.

But Young is a loser. Just like a lot of talented players who never seemed to put it together. They let the money and girls take them away from the game. Kobe's career and marriage was almost done because of a girl. But he seemed to wise up and honestly took his game to a higher level after that.

And because of that, you would never hear Nick Young and Kobe Bryant in the same sentence unless it is about them being teammates. One is a winner, the other isn't.

I am not overrating money and girls. I object to the word loser. Nick Young has a job, can pay bills, is playing for his favorite team, is a fan favorite out there, and is able to jack as many shots as he wants. Plus he is a millionaire and and got entertainment chicks on his sack.

He will never win in the NBA. He is way too one-dimensional, and is too much of a clown but nothing in his life says he is a loser. The man is winning at life right now.

If you want to see some losers, get on the metro at 1pm on a weekday and see what people are doing during that time.

Edited by JoeWolf990
  • Like 2

I am not overrating money and girls. I object to the word loser. Nick Young has a job, can pay bills, is playing for his favorite team, is a fan favorite out there, and is able to jack as many shots as he wants. Plus he is a millionaire and and got entertainment chicks on his sack.

He will never win in the NBA. He is way too one-dimensional, and is too much of a clown but nothing in his life says he is a loser. The man is winning at life right now.

If you want to see some losers, get on the metro at 1pm on a weekday and see what people are doing during that time.

I am out of likes... Which is good because I wasn't liking this anyway!!!!  :lol: 

Lol, but seriously though. I get what you're saying. I can dig it.

• Like 1

It doesnt matter who the final 2 teams are in my opinion, i think if miami and indiana both make it to the ECF, that series matchup will be better than any nba finals matchup.

Miami vs Indiana will be one for the ages, especially with how close the 3 regular season games were, and now that things got heated in the most recent game, it will make it that much better.

Soooo the Pacers' offense is really really bad.

I'm convinced Miami has a cakewalk back to the finals

Sadly, I think so too since Paul George is apparently not who we thought he was.  If he doesn't get his **** together, it'll be the easiest trip Miami has had to the Finals yet.

Paul George is today's Scottie Pippen IMO. He doesn't really take anything off the table. Still don't think he's got the natural scoring instincts to give you the night in/night out bankability of LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc.

If I were a player, I'd rather play with him than Melo though.

Indy will give Miami problems in the postseason though. That is certain. Especially if Indy gets home court. Miami can't deal with Hibbert.

Sadly, I think so too since Paul George is apparently not who we thought he was.  If he doesn't get his **** together, it'll be the easiest trip Miami has had to the Finals yet.

he isnt that player. At least not yet.

Indiana's bigger issue is George Hill. The guy sucks at point guard. I really think many point guards would make Indiana a better team, and I am talking about Andre Miller-types.

George Hill should just be a 6th man.

he isnt that player. At least not yet.

Indiana's bigger issue is George Hill. The guy sucks at point guard. I really think many point guards would make Indiana a better team, and I am talking about Andre Miller-types.

George Hill should just be a 6th man.

Not sure if CJ Watson was supposed to be starting, but he's been out for some time now. Hill is a liability though.

Not sure if CJ Watson was supposed to be starting, but he's been out for some time now. Hill is a liability though.

Hill makes 8 million a year. He is supposed to be starting.

CJ Watson is sorry too, lol. I seriously mean this, a guy like Jordan Farmar would make them better. Steve Blake, I could really go on with point guards who would suit them more.

George Hill should be able to score more than Mario Chalmers.

George Hill isn't that good. But he's tough. He's a good defender for being so small. He's a passable set shooter. Not that creative. He's the weak link but he's not terrible. They could be really damn good if they had a big time PG though because their 2-5 and the top guys on their bench are all good.

George Hill isnt small. He is about 6'3".

His problem is that he is an undersized Small forward. Really good defender, but his offense hurts them. He is a sorry point guard.

They really dont need a big time point guard, they just need someone competent.

Indy is 33-4 at home this season, 19-17 on the road. They need to get their crap together because they desperately need to get the first seed.

But Miami also desperately needs to make sure Indy doesn't get the first seed. Both of these teams are kind of backsliding into the postseason, but this is going to be an interesting finish.

See teh following quote, from the new majority owner of the Kings (from this link http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/67010/qa-kings-owner-vivek-ranadive )

personally i would LOVE to see the "V-plan" for the NBA.   it is all sorts of awsomeness, imho 

One of the last questions Gladwell asked the commissioner was what one change he would make to the league if he had a magic wand and could change anything he wanted instantly. The commissioner said he’d increase the age limit. What would your one magic wand change be?

That’s the "V Plan." Do you want me to tell you the V Plan?

I would love to hear about the V Plan.

So, basically, we have this issue with how the draft happens and people allegedly tanking. So when I was flying back from the conference, someone looked at me and asked, “Hey, have you thought about this?” People have come up with different ideas -- this idea of The Wheel, and this and that. And so I thought about it and I came up with a solution that I believe will solve most of the issues, and I call it the V Plan.

There’s two parts to it. Part I is that you freeze the draft order at the time of the All-Star break. Then, everything [pertaining to the current lottery system] remains the same, but it’s frozen based on the standings at the All-Star break. Then there’s no gain in not playing at the highest level for the remainder of the season. That’s Part I.

Part II is that at the end of the season, the top seven teams from the Eastern Conference and the top seven teams from the Western Conference make the playoffs. Then for the eighth playoff spot, the remaining eight teams have a sudden-death, college-style playoff in a neutral venue, like Vegas in the West and Kansas or Louisville in the East. (Note: This idea is similar to Bill Simmons' "Entertaining as Hell Tournament,” first floated here and was discussed by Silver in his chat with Gladwell at the Sloan Conference.)

That would inject such excitement into the league. Teams would no longer be incentivized to lose. Their fans would have something to hope for, like a Cinderella team that got into the eighth spot. It would solve most of the issues that we’re facing with the way the draft happens right now.