Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I agree with that. You'd think he had put up 100.

Does that include the Lakers with Shaq, cause no one on the Heat is stopping Shaq.

I think the Heat roll players are better though and that might be the difference.

I agree with that. You'd think he had put up 100.

compared it to the NFL single game rushing record. James' 61 is the 42nd most points ever scored in the game. 42nd rushing record is 221 yards, done by Gerald Riggs and Greg Bell, which they did on consecutive week. Then compared it to James being 61% to the all time record, which would be 181 rushing yards (AD's 296). 61% of the most home runs in a game would be 2 and a half HR's.

Of course that didn't stop dip**** writer from Bleacher Report from comparing it to Joe Dimaggio.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I wouldn't go that far. 61 is a lot of points for one game.

Yes it is, but it's not like we haven't seen it done before. I think that's the point everyone is trying to make. LeBron had a great game, but it is one game in the regular season against the Bobcats. When he does that in the playoffs against Indiana or a team from the West, then I'll be impressed. Gilbert scored 60 in a game once and ESPN didn't spend a week talking about it.

Durant has been the best offensive player this season. When looking at scoring.

It's more than just scoring.  Durant has more rebounds and blocks per game.  He's less than 1 assist per game behind Lebron despite Lebron being the "facilitator" and Durant being "just a scorer".  I heard on ESPN that Durant has better defensive stats, but I haven't looked at those myself.  Their scoring efficiency is close as well with Lebron getting 1.572pps and Durant 1.548pps.  (I like points per shot more than eFG% and TS% when it comes to comparing two players with similar roles because it doesn't emphasize or penalize any of the ways points are scored)    

Durant is having a great all around season and it is not out of the question to argue that he's having a better all around season than Lebron.  Lebron is actually having a better season scoring than he did last year but virtually all of his other numbers are down.  

Edited by Destino

Jerry Sloan made DWill IMO. He played the best basketball of his life for Sloan. He hasn't been the same at all since he forced his way out of Utah.

This. And it make it even more ****ed up, not only did he force his way out of Utah, but before he did that, he basically caused Sloan, one of the all-time greats, to retire. Why anyone would want someone like that headlining and leading their team is beyond me.

It's more than just scoring.  Durant has more rebounds and blocks per game.  He's less than 1 assist per game behind Lebron despite Lebron being the "facilitator" and Durant being "just a scorer".  I heard on ESPN that Durant has better defensive stats, but I haven't looked at those myself.  Their scoring efficiency is close as well with Lebron getting 1.572pps and Durant 1.548pps.  (I like points per shot more than eFG% and TS% when it comes to comparing two players with similar roles because it doesn't emphasize or penalize any of the ways points are scored)    

Durant is having a great all around season and it is not out of the question to argue that he's having a better all around season than Lebron.  Lebron is actually having a better season scoring than he did last year but virtually all of his other numbers are down.  

Ahh stats guy eh? KD is averaging more blocks than Paul George also, so does that make him a better, or as good of a defender as PG? Continuing with your stats, your going for pps, and ignoring that lebron is shooting 58% as opposed to KDs 51%? That's fair.

"He's less than 1 assist per game behind Lebron despite Lebron being the "facilitator" and Durant being "just a scorer".

LeBron runs the team. He sets up the plays, doesnt mean hes going to get the assist on every play. There are hockey assists, drive and kicks with one more pass gives a score, but doesnt give the assist to Lebron. All he has done with his "facilitator" role is have the Heat shoot the highest FG% in the league, by a good margin.

Durant has more rebounds and blocks per game. 

But since you put it as hes less than 1 assist per game, KD is also only less than one rebound a game more than LeBron. Despite being 2 inches taller, with a much longer reach, and being "as good, or a better defender than LeBron". I take rebounding as a defensive characteristic.

KD is having the best year of his career. No doubt. He has improves all aspects of his game, even scoring if you can believe it. But some of you are already crowning him the best player in the game. If he was light years better than Lebron this season, why is the MVP race so close? 

KD is doing phenomenal things this season, you can appreciate that without discrediting what LeBron has done. 

• Like 1

SVG on stats (could apply to the Lebron/KD debate)

“I don’t trust most of it,” Van Gundy said, beginning an exquisite rant on the topic. “I read some of the stuff that people write on ESPN.com, you know, I’ll read stats on pick and roll defense and stuff that came off Synergy or somewhere else — I don’t know who the hell is recording that information!”

“I read a thing in the playoffs last year that said that New York isolated like 17 percent of the time,” he continued. “I’m watching their games, they isolate half of the time, at least. So I don’t know who’s recording that. If there’s a pick and roll, and they throw it back to Carmelo and he holds the ball and isolates for eight seconds, that’s a pick and roll play, not an isolation? And a lot of pick and roll stuff … you know, I read a thing today from ESPN the Magazine on Paul George being the best pick and roll defender in the league on the ball handler. Look, a lot of pick and rolls … there’s pick and rolls designed to score, and there’s pick and rolls you run to get into something else. If you’re recording it and you’re treating those two things the same, then you don’t know what you’re doing.”

Link

I love learning about advanced stats, but they are not the end-all-be-all of arguments.  I don't care how much Durant has improved defensively, he is not in the same stratosphere as Lebron in that regard.  ****, I remember there was one advanced stat that had Derek Fisher ranked as one of the best defensive PGs in the league.  Same could be said about Derrick Rose.  We know that Fisher absolutely SUCKS defensively, but in Rose's case, there isn't a chance in hell that he should be mentioned as one of the better defensive PGs in the league.  Yes, he plays on a team that has an amazing defense...and many of his shortcomings (like Boozer's) are masked because of it.  However, you'd be an absolute fool to believe that he's on the level of some of the better on-ball perimeter defenders in the league. 

• Like 1

last i checked, Lebron had two former NBA Champs on his squad, and literally the #1 3-point shooter in NBA history on his team

unless kevin has had that, you can get all the WAY the **** outta here.....

hey man, you guys know A LOT more about basketball than I do, but **** all that extra ****.  bron has more weapons

and if this post I'm making manages to officially exclude me from NBA posts, so be it.  **** bron though.  ;)

• Like 1

Yes it is, but it's not like we haven't seen it done before. I think that's the point everyone is trying to make. LeBron had a great game, but it is one game in the regular season against the Bobcats. When he does that in the playoffs against Indiana or a team from the West, then I'll be impressed. Gilbert scored 60 in a game once and ESPN didn't spend a week talking about it.

Then the Bobcats turn it on and stomp the Pacers. Crazy season.

LAC about to beat LAL by 50 points. No exaggeration. It's 111-62 towards the beginning of the 4th qtr. Yikes.

They stomped the Lakers last time too. UGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I get it that the Lakers suck right now, but I feel like they brought a lot of this on themselves. Just piss poor decisions made these last few years.

ESPN:  uhh oh, Lebron shot 30% from the field tonight, his 2nd worst performance of the season.  Since LBJ mentioned (but wasn't making any excuses :rolleyes: ) how he didn't feel comfortable in the t-shirt jerseys, we better do a quick 30 second segment about the shooting percentage across the NBA as a whole when teams wear the t-shirt jerseys.  :(

ESPN:  uhh oh, Lebron shot 30% from the field tonight, his 2nd worst performance of the season.  Since LBJ mentioned (but wasn't making any excuses :rolleyes: ) how he didn't feel comfortable in the t-shirt jerseys, we better do a quick 30 second segment about the shooting percentage across the NBA as a whole when teams wear the t-shirt jerseys.  :(

I want to think you're making that up, but since it's ESPN, I'd believe they did a segment on that.

ESPN: uhh oh, Lebron shot 30% from the field tonight, his 2nd worst performance of the season. Since LBJ mentioned (but wasn't making any excuses :rolleyes: ) how he didn't feel comfortable in the t-shirt jerseys, we better do a quick 30 second segment about the shooting percentage across the NBA as a whole when teams wear the t-shirt jerseys. :(

TNT guys clowned him for complaining that the shirt was interfering with his shooting motion when he chose to wear an extra medium. ESPN doesn't really report on the NBA as much as they engage in shameless star worship so they'll freak out about it. How could anything Lebron dislikes be allowed to continue? Unthinkable!

Edited by Destino