Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I said it in the Wizards thread, but I would want NO part of the Bulls come playoff time.  They are gelling at the right time. 

Noah is the best passing 5 I've ever seen.  Might seem like a bit of hyperbole, but I really can't think of another center who has the same court vision as him.  Dude sees the WHOLE floor.  You have PGs that struggle with that aspect of the game.

Arvidas Sabonis was a masterful passer. Hope you got to see him play.

• Like 1

Arvidas Sabonis was a masterful passer. Hope you got to see him play.

I know I've seen Sabonis play, but I don't recall much about anything I watched of him during his time w/ the Blazers other than getting a towel thrown at his face LOL.  I'll probably have to go to youtube to check some things out, but I do know he was noted for great athleticism and passing.  Well, the athleticism before injuries...

Edited by RonArtest15

nuggets without daniro gallinari, no nate Robimson.....beat the heat :)

the refs tries SO hard to give it to miami, calling TWO "jump balls" instead of miami fouls inside two minutes. god i hate the nba....disgusting.

both plays CLEARLY fouls....but get called jump balls?! what the ****!? what an AWFUL game by the refs. the nba sucks so bad. SCREW the nba. and **** lebron james, biggest sellout in nba history. "if you cant beat em, join em"

guys. hear me out. imagine being from dc, and plying for the redskins. could you EVER imagine leaving the skins to play for somebody else!? thats what Lebron did. cornball brother.

• Like 1

Been saying the NBA is a sham for the last 25 years. Worst officiated of the four major sports. They favor specific franchises and players year after year. Only league to have a major scandal due to "questionable" favoritism in their refereeing. I loved the NBA in the 80s, but year after year my disdain for the league builds. I still root for the Wizards, but I know I'll never see them win another NBA title. The NBA used to be my 2nd favorite of the 4, but they are #4 at this moment.

I said it in the Wizards thread, but I would want NO part of the Bulls come playoff time.  They are gelling at the right time. 

Noah is the best passing 5 I've ever seen.  Might seem like a bit of hyperbole, but I really can't think of another center who has the same court vision as him.  Dude sees the WHOLE floor.  You have PGs that struggle with that aspect of the game. 

Bill Walton.

Edited by Sticksboi05

anybody waching this Heat-Rockets on ABC? very close game, 1 point lead for Houston with 4 minutrs left. refs called a delay of game on D.Howard for tapping the ball right to the ref (ref caught it easily) after Houston scored. commentator said "what am ABSOLUTE misapplication of the delay of game call. Miami got lucky there.'

so a BS delay of game, then the very next possession, they call a BS defensive 3 seconds on Howard.

THEN they call a foul on Howard 10 seconds later.

three questionable whistles within about 35 seconds of eacg other, all three calls benefitting Miami.

Oh NBA, what a joke youve become. so sad :(

I've noticed on telecasts done by VanGundy that he just wants to go off on the NBA and the bogus refereeing. He sounds like he has a secret he wants to spill, but can't. He gets so frustrated. I can't wait until he blows his lid one day.

Ahem...Tim Donaghy...um excuse me, had something in my throat.

Edited by pjfootballer

Not only are NBA refs bias, the media that covers the nba praises them for being bias and demands that they continue. No other sport suffers from that kind of idiocy. It is not however "fixed". I haven't seen evidence of anything other than favoring certain players.

Those BS technical stopped the Rockets momentum and took them completely out of the game.

It's not a BS technical. They've been reinforcing the delay of game rule all year exactly that way. Players aren't allowed to touch the ball AT ALL after a basket. That commentator was wrong. First time is a warning. Every subsequent time is a technical FT.

That's been one of the most consistently enforced rules this season. You see a warning most games but commentators will barely even mention it as it happens. And usually the warning is enough for teams to observe the rule. But Dwight's a bit of a moron, it doesn't surprise me that he'd get called for it.

I have no sympathy for Houston vis a vis gripes about officiating. That team benefits from more bull**** calls than any other team in the league. **** them.

I've noticed on telecasts done by VanGundy that he just wants to go off on the NBA and the bogus refereeing. He sounds like he has a secret he wants to spill, but can't. He gets so frustrated. I can't wait until he blows his lid one day.

Ahem...Tim Donaghy...um excuse me, had something in my throat.

Van Gundy always whines about the officiating in games. That's the coach in him, he's a somewhat amateur broadcaster. I've listened to almost every broadcast crew in the league and none of them are as whiny and annoying as him. I can't stand ESPN's commentary team. Most of the teams have far better broadcasters than ESPN does.

• Like 3

**** the rockets. They wouldn't win half their games without a handful of BS calls. Half of James Hardens offense is crap calls.

Yeah seriously. Harden may be a great player but I absolutely hate his style of play. The Heat may be on the receiving end of BS calls, but so are the Rockets.

• Like 1

I agree.

It is the hardest sport to referee, by far.   People see what they want to see.

What I saw was the Heat were on their way to losing and right when the Rockets were about to take over the game, the refs start pulling all these technicals out of their asses.

What I saw was the Heat were on their way to losing and right when the Rockets were about to take over the game, the refs start pulling all these technicals out of their asses.

And what you saw was influenced by your own preconceptions.  

Look, I'm a Warriors fan.  I like to go skim message board game threads from the opposing team after every Warriors game, see what fans of other teams think about my team.   Guess what.   In every single one of those threads, the opposing fans complain that the refs favor the Warriors and hate their own team.  And in every Warriors game thread, you hear Warriors fans say the exact opposite.

I don't know what your favorite team is, but if it is the Rockets, just be aware that everyone else in the league thinks that Harden gets about 6 bullcrap calls in his favor every single game.

My team is the Sixers. But yesterday's game was decided by the refs and again, I was never all that much into the, "NBA is fixed" movement, but those technicals that stopped the Rockets momentum and gave the Heat free points right when the Rockets were about to take over the game is a little suspicious IMO.