Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I have no problem with Kyrie leaving Cleveland, if that's what he wants to do, but hopefully he learned enough from Lebron not to have a prime time special just to break Cleveland fans hearts.

He's marketable enough that he could make a fortune in sponsorship but he's not good enough to drag the Cavs deep into the playoffs like Lebron did. It makes sense for him to go somewhere that helps him get press even if he doesn't win, someplace like New York where ESPN pretends the team matters even though they don't. He and Melo would be great not playing defense together. The Lakers are another option as they have moved from proud franchise to repeating "stars want to come here" to themselves until reality stops hurting. If he can survive getting bullied by Kobe for a year he could end up teaming up with Love, who the talking heads insist wants to sign with LA. Think of all the three point shots they could jack up together while trying to win every game 117-115.

The worst case scenario for Cleveland is Kyrie ends up with Lebron somehow. I think at that point the NBA would have to act and strip Cleveland of it's team. It would be wrong to allow the suffering to continue.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

how much flak do you think gets compared to LeBron?

A lot less. LeBron was a better player. He was also from Cleveland. Kyrie won't do a TV special. And Cleveland fans are already numb to this kind of thing now after LeBron.

EDIT: Meant that LeBron was from Ohio, not Cleveland. Whups.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

He turned down the max? I thought they hadn't started negotiating anything yet. Shouldn't have a max offer until this summer at the earliest.

I think Cleveland will have to trade him if they don't get something figured out.

I don't think he's turned anything down yet. He's going to be more expensive than most, because his two allstar game starts earned him a Rose Rule extension (30% max instead of 25%). Cavs better be sure he's the guy they can win with.