Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I guess they figured out how to stop Lebron, knock him out of the game.

I watched the replay and he didn't get hit hard enough to see the impact in Ibakas arm or Lebron's head. Must have been one of those hits that just lands right on the soft part of the nose and hurts like hell even if its not terribly hard. Bad luck, hope he didn't break it.

Edited by Destino

I watched the replay and he didn't get hit hard enough to see the impact in Ibakas arm or Lebron's head. Must have been one of those hits that just lands right on the soft part of the nose and hurts like hell even if its not terribly hard. Bad luck, hope he didn't break it.

Yeah, I don't think it was intentional. It was even hard to see on the replay.

Durant came up VERY small in the most hyped game of the year. None of you guys can deny that. I like KD WAY more than LeBron, but I have to tell it like it is. I was a little disappointed in KD last night.

so do we ignore the foothole Durant stomped into Lebron and them last month?

Lebron never went anywhere...there is a lot of hyperbole when discussing Durant.  Look, I think Durant, like Lebron, is a transcendent talent.  However, people need to push the brakes a lil' bit on the premature MVP talk amongst other things.  As I said a few weeks back, there is A LOT of basketball yet to be played.  This is the exact time of the year where I expect the Heat to turn it up on the court.  When all cylinders are going, there isn't a better team in the NBA.  To me, this is Lebron's MVP to lose.  His numbers over the last 5 games are absolutely absurd. 

• Like 3

All yesterday showed me was that Lebron is still the best player in the league. But he's still not the MVP this year.

Now if Durant fades during the last two months of the season and Lebron steps up, then of course things can change. But I am not changing my opinion after one game. Like Joewolf said, KD did the same thing to the Heat last month.

Durant came up VERY small in the most hyped game of the year. None of you guys can deny that. I like KD WAY more than LeBron, but I have to tell it like it is. I was a little disappointed in KD last night.

Did you not watch the first Heat-Thunder game when Durant went nuts and the Thunder ran away with it? Durant had a 33/7/5 game. Why was the game last night any bigger than their first game?

All yesterday showed me was that Lebron is still the best player in the league. But he's still not the MVP this year.

Now if Durant fades during the last two months of the season and Lebron steps up, then of course things can change. But I am not changing my opinion after one game. Like Joewolf said, KD did the same thing to the Heat last month.

That's a good way of putting it. 

I think the MVP could go either way.  Heat should finish the year on a tear, so I'm expecting Lebron to step up his game a bit with the playoffs right around the corner. 

Did you not watch the first Heat-Thunder game when Durant went nuts and the Thunder ran away with it? Durant had a 33/7/5 game. Why was the game last night any bigger than their first game?

I believe the Heat has been pacing for most of the season. They're coming now.  LeBron has been tearing it up. KD has been tearing it up. People were been asking, "Have KD surpassed LeBron?" They weren't asking that leading up to the first game. This game was hyped way more than the 1st. KD came up VERY small.

Edited by DM72

I believe the Heat has been pacing for most of the season. They're coming now.  LeBron has been tearing it up. KD has been tearing it up. People were been asking, "Have KD surpassed LeBron?" They weren't asking that leading up to the first game. This game was hyped way more than the 1st. KD came up VERY small.

28/8/3 is VERY small? So when Durant went off a month ago it didn't mean anything, but when LeBron did it last night, it means the Heat are the best and Durant comes up small? Gimme a break.

Those 28 points Durant scored were probably the most meaningless 28 points he has ever scored in his career. He never put his print on last night's game. To be honest, most of those 28 came when the Heat were up by a lot.

Edited by DM72

For one game. Durant's been showing it the whole season of course.

One game? LeBron's been doing this for the last 7 years. He's 14-4 against Durant in head to head matchups btw, dont ignore that. He's much more efficient, its not even close when it comes to defense, and he makes his team mates better.

Durant is probably still MVP, although I think it is closer than you think, but as for best player? Its no Question LeBron is the best. 

Durant is having a great season, dont get me wrong, hes putting up numbers. But LeBron did what Durant is doing this season... in his 3rd season in the league.

Durant 2014 (7th season) : 31.4 ppg, 7.8 rbg, 5.5 apg, 1.5 stl, 0.8 blk, 3.6 TO

LeBron 2006 (3rd Season): 31.4 ppg, 7.0 rbg, 6.6 apg, 1.6 stl, 0.8 blk, 3.3 TO

LeBron 2010 (7th Season): 29.7 ppg, 7.3 rbg, 8.6 apg, 1.6 stl, 1.0 blk, 3.4 TO

Again, Durant has improved greatly this season, but seriously, one game? How soon we forget...

28/8/3 is VERY small? So when Durant went off a month ago it didn't mean anything, but when LeBron did it last night, it means the Heat are the best and Durant comes up small? Gimme a break.

Those are good numbers, but he put up 28 points, on 22 shots. He was being abused on defense.

LeBron put up 34/3/3, but I still think he came up small the first game. The hype for this second game was much greater than the first, i find it hard to argue against that. LeBron brought it, both on offense and defense.

Im assuming by "I am not changing my opinion after one game", you are referring to Durant is still MVP? In that case, I agree with you, i still think Durant is MVP. But as far as best player in the game? I know it is LeBron. That is what i meant by my first post. When the lights were on, and the marquee head to head matchup was on hand, LeBron showed up, whereas Durant didnt. You would think after all the hype coming into this game, Durant would want to show why the last match up wasnt a fluke, but he was a ghost.

so do we ignore the foothole Durant stomped into Lebron and them last month?

Absolutely not. But you cant ignore the stinkhole he put up last night.

• Like 2

Im assuming by "I am not changing my opinion after one game", you are referring to Durant is still MVP? In that case, I agree with you, i still think Durant is MVP. But as far as best player in the game? I know it is LeBron. That is what i meant by my first post. When the lights were on, and the marquee head to head matchup was on hand, LeBron showed up, whereas Durant didnt. You would think after all the hype coming into this game, Durant would want to show why the last match up wasnt a fluke, but he was a ghost.

Yeah, as of today, I would still say that Durant is still the MVP...

Another thing that I think I saw yesterday, is the fact that Heat are not messing around now. DM72 hit it on the head., The Heat, mainly Lebron, has seemed like they have been pacing so far this season. But last night, they were on a mission. They, well again mainly Lebron, wanted to come out and dominate that game last night. Did you see the intensity on defense in the 1st quarter? OKC was not ready for that, and I put that on Scott Brooks. He should have realized that the Heat were going to come out hard last night, and he didn't have them ready.

1. I would have waited until the next game to work Westbrook into the lineup. No I am not saying they lost because of Westbrook, it's just that I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry in a big game against Miami. Sure, you could say that playing him was good to get him ready for the playoffs, but I still think, holding him out against the Heat would have been a smart move.

2. In the first game versus Miami, Brooks went small and it helped them against. Last night, he went small again, and they turned a 17 point deficit to 8. So why did he start Perkins yesterday and ignore his own strategy of going small? Did he think Spo was going to expect that?

• Like 1