Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Howard is not the problem. He wasn't the problem on the Lakers (which is painfully evident now) and he's certainly not the problem in Houston's two playoff losses.

James Harden is MIA on both sides of the floor.

Howard will get as much blame as Harden if they get bounced.  Fair or not, it goes with the territory of being arguably the best at his position. 

I told my friend who's a rockets fan that Aldridge would dominates them, but even I didn't envision this. Good god.

I like harden, but he's doing a major choke job in the playoffs. This is the poorest start to a series I can remember for a guy that average 25+ ppg. I wanted to see a hou-okc rematch but looks like it may not happen.

The halftime argument between Shaq and Barkley was epic. Shaq was praising Dwight for dominating. Barkley was saying that the Rockets were going to lose with Dwight dominating because "That's not their offense."

I've watched a lot of the Rockets this year and they have done more standing around in the past two games than they have done in any two month stretch. I think this style of pay can work in the playoffs, but it gets harder to do and the Rockets may just be a fundamentally lazy team.

Also, Aldridge is playing out of his mind, but he's getting a million fantastic looks. Any above average forward would be scoring 35 a game against the Rockets D right now. Aldridge is a level above that right now obviously.

80 percent of Harden's game is predicated on running straight into people who are trying not to foul and drawing a zillion fouls anyway.   When the refs are letting defenses hold their ground (like they do in the playoffs most of the time), that tactic becomes useless.    

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 2

The halftime argument between Shaq and Barkley was epic. Shaq was praising Dwight for dominating. Barkley was saying that the Rockets were going to lose with Dwight dominating because "That's not their offense."

I've watched a lot of the Rockets this year and they have done more standing around in the past two games than they have done in any two month stretch. I think this style of pay can work in the playoffs, but it gets harder to do and the Rockets may just be a fundamentally lazy team.

Also, Aldridge is playing out of his mind, but he's getting a million fantastic looks. Any above average forward would be scoring 35 a game against the Rockets D right now. Aldridge is a level above that right now obviously.

When your best player can't play defense, it doesn't bode well in the playoffs.

When your best player can't play defense, it doesn't bode well in the playoffs.

I don't know if he Harden can't play defense.  He just doesn't seem to bother.  There are a lot of players who are not natural defenders but at least make themselves adequate by working hard and moving their feet.   Klay Thompson is a perfect example.  He doesn't have Lebron/Tony Allen defensive skills, but he just works at it.   Harden is just waiting to leak out on the break.  That's all he seems to care about.

Aldridge is giving a vintage Dirk/Bird performance right now. Houston has actually been guarding him and contesting his shots. He's making these fall away moon shots from 18-20 feet that you can't successfully guard. The rim is a hula hoop for him right now. Not much of his scoring is coming off of defensive breakdowns like pick and rolls and easy stuff in the lane.

He's just giving a superstar performance so spectacular that it's better than Dwight's superstar performance.

He's also taking a big old crap on stat nerd cliches like long 2s are the worst shots in basketball. Not for him.

I don't know if he Harden can't play defense.  He just doesn't seem to bother.  There are a lot of players who are not natural defenders but at least make themselves adequate by working hard and moving their feet.   Klay Thompson is a perfect example.  He doesn't have Lebron/Tony Allen defensive skills, but he just works at it.   Harden is just waiting to leak out on the break.  That's all he seems to care about.

His reputation for D in OKC was actually (inaccurately) good. He's never been a good defender IMO, but he wasn't this bad.

I honestly think he doesn't really care about playing good basketball any more. Part of his competitive spirit and basketball IQ died when Presti traded him and he's disillusioned. All he cares about now is scoring a ton of points and superficially making Presti look dumb for trading him.

Now the Bullets are actually 3 point favorites going home. They were still 5 point dogs in game 2. What a difference a 2 wins make and going home. I think they should be 6.5 point favorites at home to get the action, but clearly Vegas still thinks the Bulls are going to make it close or win.

I agree with Steve, Miami is going to cruise to the finals. The pacers were the only team with much of a shot against them and something's happened in that locker room that they just can't come back from. In the west it's going to be the Clippers/Thunder. I think the Spurs window may be closed though something about them doesn't look right.

You know a lot of people complain about Harden getting a lot of BS whistles for him, but Durant gets that same treatment, if not more so. And as I typed this, he got another touch foul call lol

OMG Courtney lee just made Durant fall, and Durant is actually hobbling

Edited by Ozymandias

Got tell it like it is. I like Durant (he's a Redskins and Pacquiao fan), but he's gotta take some heat for this loss. If Westbrook had missed this many 3's, he would get crucified for it.

And the second game in a row that OKC lost in OT. Plain and simple, Brooks is being outcoached.