Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Wow I can't watch that Rachel Nichols show anymore. The bias on there is North Korea worthy of the NBA for ESPN.  I mean, Rachel Nichols not only can't criticize a single element of the NBA or within it, including players, she will actually mitigate any critique that comes through, barely, by the people they have along with her on the show. 

One guy says "there was a time a few years ago where we thought OKC would be in the finals every year" 

Rachel laughs it off and says "They've been to the conference finals four out of the last six years I think they're doing OK" 

I had to turn it off I can't even hear it as background noise anymore.

I mean - they kicked off Tracy McGrady for saying the league was "watered down" twice

ESPN is getting a bit creepy with how relentless their NBA promotion is getting.  I mean I get it that they are literally in bed with them so of course this is what they should be doing, but they should just call themselves the Disney NBA Network and get it over with since they aren't fooling anybody at this point.

I can't imagine how hard they are going to treat the NFL this fall as well it's going to be spectacular

You're just old.

But seriously, are you referring to the Lakers winning game 1 and then losing the next four or are you just throwing out a random year? Because the Lakers winning game 1 then isn't in the same shock universe as the Sixers winning game 1.

Yeah i know. (On both accounts)

Warriors in 5 quote just reminded me of it. I was a huge Lakers fan as a kid. After that game, my cousin told me the Bulls would win in 5.

Sin aren't you glad your Heat lost to the Raptors so you wouldn't witness your former king kill your team.

I hate losing to uppity foreigners, but I do admit that seeing Lebron crush a Whiteside/Bosh-less Heat team would not be much fun.

Still, I desperately wanted us to face that sum**** for a trip to the ship, and force him to go over our dead bodies. And I wouldn't have minded if we took a couple of them down with us.

Damn, they just showed Lowry walking off the court. What a pussie

How the hell did the raptors make it to the ECF? They're awful and their stars are trash in the post season. I blame Paul George and Melo for failing to put enough pressure on their GMs to build competent teams. The Easts best players other than Lebron and Wade are on the damned Knicks and Pacers.

Wall makes his team better. Melo is a far more valuable scorer, something absolutely required to go far in the post season. So if your team is average, Wall might make it good. If your team is good and you need some star power to take it further, Melo.

Wall lacks the scoring ability to carry a team in the playoffs.

Wall lacks the scoring ability to carry a team in the playoffs.

As a fellow Wizards fan, I agree, and you aren't wrong for saying that. He's shown flashes, so once he becomes more consistent in that department (particularly his outside shooting), look out.

Kyle Lowry >> Wall

I was going to respond thinking you had typed "Kyrie" until I read it again. You must be trolling : )

You are nuts.  Melo > Wall  

Granted they play different positions, but Melo owns Wall in FG%, 3pt%, FT%......

Spoken like someone who hasn't followed Melo or Wall for a couple of years. Citing their shooting splits is pretty flimsy evidence BTW. JJ Redick has better splits than both, is he a better player? :lol:

Also Wall shot better from three than Melo did anyway.

Wall is a Heeeeeeeeell of a lot better player than Melo at this point and has been for a couple of seasons. If you want 1.9 more PPG then sure, take Melo. If you want someone that actually makes his team better, then take Wall.

Kyrie Irving and Kyle Lowry are better players than Melo too.

• Like 3