Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Things actually got interesting last night.  How much of Curry's performance was the Cavs and how much was physical/mental/bad luck?

What do you do going forward?  Do you try and run some plays for Curry to get him going?  Or just run the normal offense?

How does GS recover mentally (especially Curry) and strategically (especially Kerr in terms of coaching)?

The other issue is can the Cavs keep up the intensity for 5 more games.  Especially Delly isn't used to playing lots of big minutes.

I think GS could do a few things defensively, I'd pick up full court, especially when they go small and it is Lebron/Delly handling the ball.  Make them work to bring the ball up.  Making Delly work getting the ball up is going to make it harder for him to have the energy on the defensive side, and just the more you can make Lebron work the better off you are going to be.

Even off a miss.  

You have a lot of versatility.  If you have some mismatch somewhere, the way the Cavs are playing, you'll have an opportunity/time to switch.  If they want to speed up to take advantage of mismatches, then that works for GS.

I'd also double Lebron some on the catch.  Get it out his hands again, especially when they go small.  I'd worry a little about Mosgov at the rim (but so far they are taking him out of the game a lot when GS goes small) and JR Smith.

But if I can make Delly, Jones, Shumpert, Miller, Thompson, etc. beat me and they do, I'll live with it.

I still think the Cavs have to get Mosgov in the game more.  I thought he did pretty well against the small line up.  I'd leave him in.

I think Bogut is what you see.  He's playing decent defense (the block on Lebron), but he can't physically stay with Mosgov or Thompson on the boards, and he's not a productive offensive player at all.

If in scrambling around, you leave him open under the rim, he's a threat, but other than that he's a essentially non-factor.  He averaged under 7 pts a game this season.

Just watched the game.

Curry was bad. Awful. Worst than either of those Grizzlies games.

If anybody is still saying Kobe was better than Lebron, they really need to stop it. Last night should have been the nail in that coffin. I can't remember what he finished with, but I know it was at least 35/15/10. That's asinine.

To me, if Lebron is the MVP, Mozgov is easily the runner up right now. He's destroying Bogut. If Bogut doesn't play better, they are going to be in trouble. I think everybody else will be fine.

I don't know if it was a debate, or if people stopped talking about it, but Klay Thompson is still the best 2 guard in the league right?

Why does oscar come up so little in these discussions.

He's the reason (and maybe George Gervin) why I stopped rating players that I haven't seen play. I know he was beast, but I never put him in my all-time top 5's because I don't really know. That's why I'm just sticking to 95-Now.

If Steph would stop those step back 3s and focus on getting to the line, he'd be fine

Co-sign x 1000. At some point you have to accept something's not working. But this is his first Finals. Hope he doesn't go through more growing pains.

In a shocking twist, we find out that Del Curry is not the father.....it's John Starks.

By the way, I know that on the internet the thing that just happened is the thing that is always going to happen forever and ever....but I still think GS wins the next three.

Remember when we were talking about how they just couldn't handle Memphis.

This could be another 2001 in the making. Bron had a 39 point triple double and Curry had the worst game of his life maybe and they barely won. Curry just has to play average for GS to win.

Edited by Sticksboi05

In a shocking twist, we find out that Del Curry is not the father.....it's John Starks.

By the way, I know that on the internet the thing that just happened is the thing that is always going to happen forever and ever....but I still think GS wins the next three.

Remember when we were talking about how they just couldn't handle Memphis.

I wouldn't be shocked if GS wins the next 3, and I still expect them to win the series.

But, it isn't like any of the Cavs were particularly efficient last night.

It isn't hard to imagine where Curry plays much better in the next 3 games, but there is still one game where Lebron is actually hot and makes a lot of the shots he missed last nigh or JR Smith goes off, and the Cavs win.

Edited by PeterMP

you make me laugh.  For a guy that likes to talk about NBA past and reference hockey like a mug, you obviously see what you want to see.  Jordan used his forearm more than anyone I've ever seen.  But because its lebron, he should foul out in the 1st qtr.  Get out of here

That's been his mo forever lol. Don't come in here all season, tlsk about how much NHL Playoffs> NBA Playoffs, then show up here during the Finals, and give us all his annual 80's basketball history lesson, then tell us how awesome his dads Bulls were.... followed up by something about the Heat coming to terms with their own guilt and giving away the titles they were gifted (you know, cause at the championship level, no one ever earns a victory, or a title... The other team has to let them win, because facts). Oh, and refs and umps are perfect, across all sports. 

Set your watch to it.

If GS is as "Historically good" as we thought they were, they take care of business last night to go up 2-0. They'd better get their **** together and act like it for Game 3. As superior as they're supposed to be, there's no greater advantage than championship experience, facing a team that knows nothing of the concept (yet), along with a rookie coach.

• Like 2

That's been his mo forever lol. Don't come in here all season, tlsk about how much NHL Playoffs> NBA Playoffs, then show up here during the Finals, and give us all his annual 80's basketball history lesson, then tell us how awesome his dads Bulls were.... followed up by something about the Heat coming to terms with their own guilt and giving away the titles they were gifted (you know, cause at the championship level, no one ever earns a victory, or a title... The other team has to let them win, because facts). Oh, and refs and umps are perfect, across all sports. 

Set your watch to it.

If GS is as "Historically good" as we thought they were, they take care of business last night to go up 2-0. They'd better get their **** together and act like it for Game 3. As superior as they're supposed to be, there's no greater advantage than championship experience, facing a team that knows nothing of the concept (yet), along with a rookie coach.

Oh I know you've got more to say than just that, tell me how you really feel.  B)

They're both rookie coaches dough.

LeBron's the coach and this is his 6th Finals.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Kerr is a winner, he's won everywhere he goes and has witnessed first hand Phil Jackson, Popovich, Jordan and Duncan coach and lead championship teams. He knows what he is doing, even though he is a rookie coach.

I expect him to counter in game 3, but it's going to be difficult. Lebron has the Cavs feeling like they should be up 2-0 going home and they are playing with house money because nobody expects them to win anymore. A slight panic or nervousness has to be creeping into the Warriors after game 2 and it's going to be up to Kerr and the locker room leaders to manage that.

Oh I know you've got more to say than just that.

Yeah.... 

Been looking to buy some legit Concord's for awhile now, but don't wanna go full price. Figured if you put in a good word for me, your dad might personally call in a pair for like half price.

Kerr is a winner, he's won everywhere he goes and has witnessed first hand Phil Jackson, Popovich, Jordan and Duncan coach and lead championship teams. He knows what he is doing, even though he is a rookie coach.

I expect him to counter in game 3, but it's going to be difficult. Lebron has the Cavs feeling like they should be up 2-0 going home and they are playing with house money because nobody expects them to win anymore. A slight panic or nervousness has to be creeping into the Warriors after game 2 and it's going to be up to Kerr and the locker room leaders to manage that.

Kerr has been around winning but that's different when you can't be on the court with your players. 

Or maybe Curry and Thompson just shoot 60 percent from three next game and they win by 25........

Yeah.... 

Been looking to buy some legit Concord's for awhile now, but don't wanna go full price. Figured if you put in a good word for me, your dad might personally call in a pair for like half price.

Magic maybe because he's actually a nice guy. Jordan would probably dangle the shoes in front of you and then say you can have them if you beat me in HORSE just to boost his ego.

• Like 1

Or maybe Curry and Thompson just shoot 60 percent from three next game and they win by 25........

Too simple....

We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg

Like maybe we should examine the amount of solar radiation coming from the sun yesterday, and how it may affect the production from Cleveland's role players

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Too simple....

Like maybe we should examine the amount of solar radiation coming from the sun yesterday, and how it may affect the production from Cleveland's role players

We should have a pool on which game will be the one where JR Smith magically goes for like 35 in 35 minutes. He's good for one each series.

Too simple....

West Coast team traveling East. The time difference is going to screw the Warriors just like it does all the NFL teams every week

If you want to ignore Steve Keer pulling out his "shoot 60 percent from 3" pregame pep talk, that's on you.

• Like 1

It isn't hard to imagine where Curry plays much better in the next 3 games, but there is still one game where Lebron is actually hot and makes a lot of the shots he missed last nigh or JR Smith goes off, and the Cavs win.

LeBron is not going to shoot much better than he has when he takes the kind of shots he's been taking. He hasn't been cold. He's taking high difficulty shot after high difficulty shot. He's actually making a TON of extremely difficult shots and it's a testament to his scoring ability that so many have gone in.

And it's OK that LeBron is gunning because that is what Cleveland needs to win this match up. They need him to call his own number over and over again and never stop attacking.

This isn't a complaint about you, but the general state of present thought around basketball: shooting efficiency has gotten overrated. Kevin Durant admitted that he and other star scorers like him will sometimes purposely wait until just after the clock expires at the end of quarters before they release their full court shots because they don't want it to count as a shot attempt for them. He keeps track of his shooting percentage during the course of a game and said that if he's like one for five or something during the first quarter, he won't shoot end of quarter heaves. That's a shameful state of affairs to me. A backlash from caring too much about data and overthinking decisions on the court to the detriment of actual competitiveness. The game isn't to make the greatest percentage of shots, it's to score the most points.

Creativity and aggressively using possessions is a more important component of winning than efficient shooting for players of LeBron's stature. In this I agree with Charles Barkley. The biggest sin a star player that is the leader of his offense can commit is passivity. Taking smart shots and using possessions well is obviously still important. But honestly, out of the thirty some odd shots he took last night, there were probably only like three or four where I was like Dear Lord, why did LeBron just shoot that? With that kind of volume, that ain't bad. He's a smart player, he's not out there taking Russell Westbrook shots. And he's keeping his role players involved in the offense at just the right level.

• Like 1

I want some Bred 11s!

Or the 13 lows that come out this weekend

Damn... If only we could take a time machine back to '96....

With the amount of money these retros cost nowadays, you couldve easily gotten you the Breds, Space Jams, Concord's, and probably still have some money left over.

Goddamn future.... bleedin' us dry. Greatest bball shoes ever, though

Also wanted to speak to the complaints about the Dwyane Wade move that Steph Curry used on JR Smith to get the FT line late in the game. People have been complaining about that move forever, but it is definitively part of the game. Wade, Pierce, CP3, Manu, Kobe, Parker, etc. all of these guys have gotten to eat off that move. And it's a fair whistle because it's direct the result of a defensive mistake. If the defender doesn't want to get caught by it, then he shouldn't jump on the pump fake.

The only problems are the situations where the offensive player doesn't actually get a real shot motion off, and that's not what happened last night. The ones where they didn't time the move properly and they end up forcing up some sort of awkward underhanded attempt in the general direction of the basket. That isn't a real basketball move and shouldn't be called a shooting foul. And IIRC, they changed the rule a couple of seasons ago to eliminate that play.

LeBron is not going to shoot much better than he has when he takes the kind of shots he's been taking. He hasn't been cold. He's taking high difficulty shot after high difficulty shot. He's actually making a TON of extremely difficult shots and it's a testament to his scoring ability that so many have gone in.

And it's OK that LeBron is gunning because that is what Cleveland needs to win this match up. They need him to call his own number over and over again and never stop attacking.

This isn't a complaint about you, but the general state of present thought around basketball: shooting efficiency has gotten overrated. Kevin Durant admitted that he and other star scorers like him will sometimes purposely wait until just after the clock expires at the end of quarters before they release their full court shots because they don't want it to count as a shot attempt for them. He keeps track of his shooting percentage during the course of a game and said that if he's like one for five or something during the first quarter, he won't shoot end of quarter heaves. That's a shameful state of affairs to me. A backlash from caring too much about data and overthinking decisions on the court to the detriment of actual competitiveness. The game isn't to make the greatest percentage of shots, it's to score the most points.

Creativity and aggressively using possessions is a more important component of winning than efficient shooting for players of LeBron's stature. In this I agree with Charles Barkley. The biggest sin a star player that is the leader of his offense can commit is passivity. Taking smart shots and using possessions well is obviously still important. But honestly, out of the thirty some odd shots he took last night, there were probably only like three or four where I was like Dear Lord, why did LeBron just shoot that? With that kind of volume, that ain't bad. He's a smart player, he's not out there taking Russell Westbrook shots. And he's keeping his role players involved in the offense at just the right level.

Nobody reads your long posts.

• Like 1