Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Klay had the hot hand and they went away from setting him up...and trying to force shots from Curry.

I thought that was pretty poor coaching.

I thought they could have given Barnes some more looks also if you looked at the floor spacing.

Curry played a pitiful game. Credit goes to Delladova (sp?), he defended better than I would have expected with Curry's handles.

The turnovers though, the boards...

Got mad & banged my Duke blue mouse...scroller doesn't work anymore. ****. Anybody got a fix or do I need a 5 mile ride to get a new one?

Trying to be coy here ?

I hope you didn't bang a mouse. That does not bode well for your husband. haha.

Seriously...what happened ?

I accidentally broke my wife's mouse by knocking it of her desk ( trying to be funny fail ) and stepping on it to look for it... I bought her a new one. Pretty reasonable.

Speechless at what Lebron did. 

Someone in pregame said that in order for the Cavs to have a chance, Lebron would have to put up a line of 40/15/10. 

I still think the Warriors win in 6, but IF the Cavs somehow pull this off...and it's ALL on the back of Lebron, that debate vs. him and Jordan just became a bit more interesting. 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised or speechless at what LeBron did. It's not unprecedented. You knew he'd get his. He's an all-time great. I'm shocked at the supporting cast. Honestly didn't think they'd give Golden State this much trouble. Golden State's front-court is getting annihilated.

That said if Curry got his WTF game out of the way last night I think GS will be fine. I mean he wasted so many possessions last night. It was painful to watch.

Saying LeBron is doing it alone ignores how good the role players have been throughout this playoff run.  The Cavs are destroying the PF & C match up against Golden State, and that's been the case in each of their series.  It's downright bizarre.  Outplaying Paul Millsap and Al Horford as thoroughly as they did... that's no joke.  Those guys are good and were coming off All Star appearances.  Plus the Cavs have gotten key contributions from Dellavedova and Kyrie and pretty much everyone except for JR Smith has been playing top notch defense.

Bottom line, nobody truly wins a title on their own.  History has shown that you either need at least one transcendent star to lead your team or a group of very good starters and key reserves that perfectly compliment each other.  If you go the one star route, then you also need the magical formula of role players to come together for a run.  The Cavs seem to have hit upon the formula at just the right time.  In twenty years, perhaps nobody will remember the names of any of his surrounding cast on this team, but that doesn't mean they weren't good.  Nobody remembers how good Vernon Maxwell and Kenny Smith and Sam Cassell and Otis Thorpe and Robert Horry were on those Rockets championship teams.  It was exactly the right mixture of skills and personalities around Hakeem, and they too bullied their way through the playoffs.

What I'm curious to see is if this level of play from Tristan Thompson and Mozgov is here to stay.  If this is their new normal, God damn.  They are going to be tough to deal with.  I'm hoping they are just playing out of their minds right now.

I'm not surprised or speechless at what LeBron did. It's not unprecedented. You knew he'd get his. He's an all-time great. I'm shocked at the supporting cast. Honestly didn't think they'd give Golden State this much trouble. Golden State's front-court is getting annihilated.

That said if Curry got his WTF game out of the way last night I think GS will be fine. I mean he wasted so many possessions last night. It was painful to watch.

He came within a point of hitting that 40/15/10 stat line.  Is it not unprecedented by Lebron standards, or what?  Chalk this one up right there with the 45/15 he put on the Celtics a few years back. 

No offense to you or your post, but as soon as I finished reading it, the first thing that popped in my head was from Gladiator.  "Are you not entertained?"  Guess not.  LOL. 

*When you're missing your 2/3 of your big 3, and you put up a line like he did, you're pretty much shouldering the load.  Yes, the Cavs got contributions from other players...but let's be real.  This game was won because of Lebron's Herculean effort. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Another thing that's interesting is how different this Cleveland construction is from the Miami constructions LeBron played with.  It's got so little shooting and it's all about big, bruising front court play.  LeBron gets to play the point from the three almost full time, which I think is his best position by far.  He's getting to post up much smaller defenders and use that as a place to operate the offense out of.  And once he gets himself in an early rhythm by doing this, that three ball gets better and better.  He's taking off the dribble threes with confidence and hitting big shots.

I actually think it could be good for the league if Cleveland wins by playing this style.  Take some of the focus off playing small and shooting threes and ignoring the intermediate areas and low post play.  The high post game was a completely forgotten about art and LeBron is killed the Bulls with it and is killing Golden State with it.  Also, Cleveland's style puts some of the focus back on defense and rebounding and interior scoring.  I think we're right at the start of a young big man talent boom in the league.  It's kind of the era of the return of the seven footer.

Elite players:

- Anthony Davis

- DeMarcus Cousins

- Blake Griffin

Elite potential:

- Andre Drummond

- Joel Embiid

- Karl Towns

- Jahlil Okafor

Already very good with a lot of upside left:

- Rudy Gobert

- Derrick Favors (still only 23 some how)

- Jonas Valanciunas

- Hassan Whiteside

Good starters but maybe not a ton of upside left:

- Greg Monroe

- Jared Sullinger

- Kelly Olynyk

- Enes Kanter

Tons of untapped potential, should at least end up being good starters:

- Jusuf Nurkic

- Nerlens Noel

- Alex Len

- Stephen Adams

- Cody Zeller

A situation where, in a couple of years, over half the league is going to at least have good starters who are true bigs.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Trying to be coy here ?

I hope you didn't bang a mouse. That does not bode well for your husband. haha.

Seriously...what happened ?

I accidentally broke my wife's mouse by knocking it of her desk ( trying to be funny fail ) and stepping on it to look for it... I bought her a new one. Pretty reasonable.

He'd never know, LOL

I know we've got at least 20 somewhere. Just gotta find the right box, LOL...but this one is lit up in Duke Blue...you know how I get, LOL...RG3 with the American Flag is still my screen on my phone...I don't know that I'll ever give that up, it's an absolutely beautiful picture.

• Like 1

He came within a point of hitting that 40/15/10 stat line.  Is it not unprecedented by Lebron standards, or what?  Chalk this one up right there with the 45/15 he put on the Celtics a few years back. 

No offense to you or your post, but as soon as I finished reading it, the first thing that popped in my head was from Gladiator.  "Are you not entertained?"  Guess not.  LOL. 

*When you're missing your 2/3 of your big 3, and you put up a line like he did, you're pretty much shouldering the load.  Yes, the Cavs got contributions from other players...but let's be real.  This game was won because of Lebron's Herculean effort. 

I was entertained (well not by the shooting, he was very inefficient from the field), just not surprised. LeBron is on his way to top 5 ever status and he is just all-around a complete force.

And let's not disrespect what the Cavs as a TEAM did last night. Sorry, the dominating performance on the offensive glass mattered, Delladova going Gary Payton on Curry was a HUGE part of them winning last night. LeBron was George Washington on the Delaware but he wasn't coming in with tin cans. Cleveland came to play last night.

• Like 1

Lebron is top 5 now

Debatable, but I also don't think Jordan is the undisputed best ever. And whenever I think about these things, the criteria is interesting to think about. Like I do happen to think Jordan has the best resume for being called best ever, BUT if I needed someone to take fairly above average players to the promised land I'd take Larry Bird over MJ as well as Magic. But as individual players neither were as good. And then the whole "take a big man first" philosophy. Either way, Bron is a baaaaad man.

Remember when floor spacing was a thing people cared about?

Delly

Shump

Lebron

Thompson

Mozgov

Victory!!!!!!!

Who needs efficient shooting when you can get ten more possessions than the other team?

Although I will say having a bunch of great shooters covers up many faults.  The Warriors have been outplayed in so many phases in both games, but they don't go without making shots for long.

I'm enjoying Tristan Thompson's breakout and justification of his draft slot.  I think he's become my favorite player on the Cavs.  I hope Anthony Bennett is taking notes.  I would love to see the same thing happen for him.

Debatable, but I also don't think Jordan is the undisputed best ever. And whenever I think about these things, the criteria is interesting to think about. Like I do happen to think Jordan has the best resume for being called best ever, BUT if I needed someone to take fairly above average players to the promised land I'd take Larry Bird over MJ as well as Magic. But as individual players neither were as good. And then the whole "take a big man first" philosophy. Either way, Bron is a baaaaad man.

Are you saying Bird played with fairly average players?

Lebron is top 5 now

I got him #2 behind MJ.

Skip Bayless is officially a clown.

He gives LeBron a C+ for last night's game.

Are you saying Bird played with fairly average players?

I got him #2 behind MJ.

Nope, he obviously played with a hell of a cast. But I think naturally gifted passers do more to elevate others than naturally gifted scorers.

I think what he did at Indiana State is proof he could elevate average players.

Edited by Sticksboi05