Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

They left this morning I believe. time change will not be a factor at all. They travel back and forth for months at a time.

West Coast team traveling East. The time difference is going to screw the Warriors just like it does all the NFL teams every week

Nobody reads your long posts.

Why would you think that ?

Also wanted to speak to the complaints about the Dwyane Wade move that Steph Curry used on JR Smith to get the FT line late in the game. People have been complaining about that move forever, but it is definitively part of the game. Wade, Pierce, CP3, Manu, Kobe, Parker, etc. all of these guys have gotten to eat off that move. And it's a fair whistle because it's direct the result of a defensive mistake. If the defender doesn't want to get caught by it, then he shouldn't jump on the pump fake.

The only problems are the situations where the offensive player doesn't actually get a real shot motion off, and that's not what happened last night. The ones where they didn't time the move properly and they end up forcing up some sort of awkward underhanded attempt in the general direction of the basket. That isn't a real basketball move and shouldn't be called a shooting foul. And IIRC, they changed the rule a couple of seasons ago to eliminate that play.

There is also a difference between what Curry did (Smith was jumping..but jumping into Curry's space) and a defender jumping straight up and Curry (hypothetically) initiating contact.

They will call the former on the defensive player 100% of the time. 

There is also a difference between what Curry did (Smith was jumping..but jumping into Curry's space) and a defender jumping straight up and Curry (hypothetically) initiating contact.

They will call the former on the defensive player 100% of the time.

Well you usually don't see the latter on the perimeter because the defender is closing out. But if you're talking about the verticality rule that gets implemented when the offensive player is driving to the rim, then you're right. That's not supposed to get called. But the enforcement is pretty inconsistent there. And most rim protectors aren't good at using the rule.

Everyone does, but only you read them hoping to find a beach boy reference.

I need to learn about the Beach Boys and Dragon Ball Z I think. Start piggybacking my posts to those topics to get people to read them.

"Piccolo's smooth bald head is much like Charles Barkley's, who talked about how the one thing a star can not be is timid..."

• Like 1

LeBron is not going to shoot much better than he has when he takes the kind of shots he's been taking. He hasn't been cold. He's taking high difficulty shot after high difficulty shot. He's actually making a TON of extremely difficult shots and it's a testament to his scoring ability that so many have gone in.

I don't think he's been cold, but I don't think he's been hot either, especially with respect to the perimeter/long 2 shot.

He's missed a good number of those shots beyond ones like the end of regulation shot that was highly contested in game 1.

And he can make them at a higher rate, and if starts making them at a higher rate that'll actually improve offensive opportunities on the rest of the floor.

With respect to your point about shooting percentage, in this case, I agree.  I'm not and haven't gotten on Lebron for his shooting percentage.

You have to recognize that the Cavs don't have the offense to get a lot of high percentage points (and I think it is even more complicated because they aren't playing, Moskov for big minutes of the game, when he's easily been one of their 5 best players).

Essentially, I'd rather take Lebron trying to finish a left handed lay up over one of GS's better defenders off a drive even if there is a 2nd defender in the paint, then Dellavedova with that crazy scoop shot in the paint against one of their weaker defenders or Mike Miller taken a poorly contested (poorly, but contested) 3 pt. shot (at this point in time of his career).

And yes, if Lebron is trying to finish left handed lay ups over somebody like Iggy with Green behind Iggy at the rim, he's going to make them at a low percentage.

But given the situation, you'll take it, especially if you can execute it without the TO and resulting potential run out by the Cavs.

Edited by PeterMP

I need to learn about the Beach Boys and Dragon Ball Z I think. Start piggybacking my posts to those topics to get people to read them.

"Piccolo's smooth bald head is much like Charles Barkley's, who talked about how the one thing a star can not be is timid..."

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Not bad, McQueen. Not bad at all.

"The Clippers have such a Hercule complex. Great record/look, sure, but when they face imminent danger, they curl into a fetal position."

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Here's the end of regulation shot.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2489388-lebron-james-misses-potential-game-winning-layup-in-game-2

It is essentially Lebron 1-3.  He's clearly got Dellavodova for a 3 on the one side, and he could have tried to make a pass to Thompson for what would have turned into a contested lay up or a very short jump shot.

Given those three possibilities, I have no problem with Lebron taking the 1-3.  If Dellaodova or Thompson are better players, then that changes things, but that isn't the case.

Given that same shot though, next time I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron hits it.