Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

No, the league should just actually enforce its rules. And just because they failed to do so with MJ doesn't mean they can't come to reason now. Every league would be better off if they just called it by the book every single game, ever. Then we wouldn't spend hours going off about officiating. Once you start picking and choosing when to call fouls, it all goes downhill.

We have been saying this for decades. Its no different now. Officiating just sucks in most sports.

He does. All stars do. But it's completely exaggerated on this board for reasons brave pointed out.

Get over it wiz fans.

Doesn't mean the game should be called differently.

MJ also played in a much more physical defensive era. It was push or be pushed. 

You can't say it should be called the same when we're talking about the guy who helped usher in this pansy style era of basketball. 

You're saying the guy infamous for these types of plays:

Should be allowed to forearm shove dudes out of his way as well? "A fouls a foul."

Or should they just flop like a **** when he does that? Sure did work for LeBron in the past.

About Mozgov and Bogut, here is their total scoring after two games of the finals:

Bogut 6 points (2-6)

Mozgov 33 points (10-18) 

Bogut is getting worked. In fact lets add Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli to make it fair.

Bogut, Green, Ezeli 35points (10-29)

There we go!  Mozgov has scored about as many points as three Warrior bigs with a significantly better fg%.  Consider how close the first two games were and it's easy to see why this matters.  

All will kneel before Tinafey Mozgov. 

MJ also played in a much more physical defensive era. It was push or be pushed. 

You can't say it should be called the same when we're talking about the guy who helped usher in this pansy style era of basketball. 

You're saying the guy infamous for these types of plays:

Should be allowed to forearm shove dudes out of his way as well? "A fouls a foul."

Or should they just flop like a **** when he does that? Sure did work for LeBron in the past.

Why you mad doe?

He was ice cold, but the real problem was the shot selection. He got stuck taking late clock heaves in the first half because his team was not executing on offense. But in the second half he didn't do any work for better shots. And he didn't do much to impact the game as a facilitator or defender.

And he does not box out at all.

But he does have to be very aggressive because Klay Thompson and occasionally Barnes are his only teammates that aren't afraid to shoot. This team has passed out of more good looks... Ball is hot potatoing around all game.

They are lucky that Cleveland can't shoot or else that game would have been a blowout. GS's execution on offense has been dreadful in both games. Their freakishly good shooting ability is covering a lot of sins.

I can't stress how bad Bogut has been. As bad as JR Smith has been, Bogut has been the worst player in the series by far. He's soft on the boards and has been killed on D by Mozgov and he's a huge negative on offense. A total self check. The Warriors literally play four on five for half their clock as he drags his ass up the court, and then he spends the rest of their possessions trying to stay out of the way and not ruin the spacing too much. Cleveland is doubling and tripling Curry well beyond the three point line with zero concern. Bogut is not the only one that's obviously scared to catch the ball, but he's been the worst about it.

That's why I hate when they bench Mozgov late. I know he's slow defensively but he is literally murdering Bogut every time down

Bogut looks TURRIBLE out there.

And yeah, if JR was even decent offensively, the Cavs would have won big

GS's offense has been kinda bad this series but they always come back in a flash

Something to watch for

About Mozgov and Bogut, here is their total scoring after two games of the finals:

Bogut 6 points (2-6)

Mozgov 33 points (10-18)

Bogut is getting worked.

I honestly thought it was worse than that lol

Dude, I swear Mozgov was soft and slow in Denver. Bron must have upgraded his talent like Ultron

Curry was awful tonight. He played like Garrett Temple, not like a league MVP. Bad shots, poor passing, poor ball-handling etc. Just an all-around bad game. Made me wonder if he was sick or something? And then on the other side Lebron went God mode.

No matter who wins, the Wiz+Durant can beat them.

It's gonna happen.

He's not coming here to play for Randy Wittman. No chance

Like I'm not even sure why anyone has anything negative to say about him after this game. Did you look at his stats? Guy came out and played his face off.

I'm just waiting for someone to come for Steph.

Nah, Steph is too babyfaced to get any hard criticism.

Edited by DM72

Curry was awful tonight. He played like Garrett Temple, not like a league MVP. Bad shots, poor passing, poor ball-handling etc. Just an all-around bad game. Made me wonder if he was sick or something? And then on the other side Lebron went God mode.

As much as it KILLS me to admit, you gotta give credit to Poor Man's Hinrich. He played out of his mind defensively

Dude, I swear Mozgov was soft and slow in Denver. Bron must have upgraded his talent like Ultron

George Karl was on the local Denver sports show this past week, and he said his biggest regret here was not getting Mozzy more involved in his game plans.  

(Yes I irrationally hate Delladova)

Is it because he looks like Matt Stafford's nerdier younger brother?

matthew-stafford-9-nfl.jpg

Dellavedova-Matthew.jpg

We all have players we hate for no reason whatsoever lol. It's okay

I still hate Rick Fox and I have no idea why. 

• Like 3

Definitely. That's kinda the East's last hope

Say a prayer for that foot. It's the most important body part since Rose's knee lol

Otherwise...I see the Cavs in this spot for the next 2 years

Scary thing about the Cavs isn't Love, or even Irving. Although I think Irving developing into an elite sidekick a la Wade is the key to their long term contention. The scary thing is that friggin Thompson and Mozgov are killing every front court they face. This team is rebounding and defending like the Thibs Bulls. Put that with two elite iso scorers and that is a winning formula.

As good a perimeter oriented big as Bosh is, LeBron has never had dominating interior play to work with before. It gives him such a huge margin for error. He can shoot 35 shots and make 11 of them and that's not a problem because his bigs are going to play lockdown D and get the offense so many extra possessions. It frees LeBron up to go all out as a scorer. If he wants to take a heat check step back three with 19 on the clock? That's fine. In fact that level of aggression is what his team needs.

I believe that I, like most Bullets fans around here stopped hating on Lebron and just began recognizing him for who he is now*.

i.e. A dude who put in serious work, can play good at every spot on the floor, learned how to be clutch, can carry a team by himself while making everyone else around him better by leaps and bounds, and is a phenom at pretty much everything. Hes the best. Ill never forgive the crab dribble or whisper in Gil's ear. But, James is the best. It is what it is.

If Cleveland pulls off the upset and wins this series, it'll be a huge blow to Western Conference prestige. You could basically slap the soft label on the whole thing. Golden State is the emblematic Western offense. Their style of play looks great during the regular season but it is getting shut down by nothing more sophisticated than caveman ISO offense plus physical defense and rebounding. Ugly, inefficient, long two heavy basketball. And I'm enjoying it. I like seeing beautiful structure and ball movement as much as anyone. But I also like seeing great defense and great offensive players having to go out and make hay. What LeBron and Klay Thompson did tonight was spectacular.

• Like 1

I still hate Rick Fox and I have no idea why. 

For whatever reason, I always liked Rick Fox... In spite of him being a Tarheel, and in spite of him being a Celtic.

Only thing I fault him for is stepping out on Vanessa Williams. Damn, she is still a beauty.

But hey, that's their business.